• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
In other news, I may have made a big mistake.

I'm just not having much fun with Zelda.

I guess you could sell Zelda and switch (if that's what you play it on) and almost get the same price as you paid.

EDIT: How many hours in are you? Have you left the first area?

Tubobutts

I just realized we're probably getting a Dan solo stream when Extra Life rolls around. Wonder what that'll be like. I've watched him stream Dark Souls alone and that was good
Dan is just going to sell his shirts and books with 1% of the profits going to charity.

ryseing

The only McElroy content I consume is Things I Bought at Sheetz. And I'm not even entirely sure what a Sheetz is.

Sheetz is a gas station with average food, which was a revelation to college me who had only previously had shitty food from gas stations.

It's OK if you're on a road trip or whatever.

J_Viper

I'd pay good money to hear a Film & 40s of the Resident Evil film series.

Fans of the F&F series really need to check it out if they need a dose of ridiculousness to hold them till April.

This tweet and this follow up is what's upsetting people and getting alluded to by Alex and others.

Basically he used the #ADayWithoutAWoman to make a shitty joke specifically to get replies from people that would find it upsetting, so he could then point and laugh at the "humorless sacks of shit" that didn't find his bad joke funny.

Fuck him.

Oh I see. I think Colin's alright, but yeah that's pretty low-class.

Thanks for clearing that up

Scizzy

No reasonable person would move to San Francisco. People want to leave not stay there

I imagine the new west person will live in the bay area already

San Francisco is an awesome city and the reason people want to leave (absurd and inhumane housing costs) is partly because there are so many people who want to move there.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Sheetz is a gas station with average food, which was a revelation to college me who had only previously had shitty food from gas stations.

It's OK if you're on a road trip or whatever.
But like...why do they have new items all the time? Sounds like they have something new every time he goes.

dccwdse5.png

Wow Brad is the one loving Zelda and Jeff the one liking it but having 200 small issues being way overblown

"I wish it had an experience system"

Dear god no.

As someone who used to work a variety of graveyard shift jobs, Sheetz was a real blessing. Roll out of work at 4am and suddenly a questionable heat lamp cheeseburger is the best thing in the world.

So is Jason the only person in GB who will actually play Nier?

well I discovered today that apparently even a tourist playthrough of Persona 5 is 100+ hours, so there's going to be a whole lot of really bummed out people come GOTY time because no way are these dudes playing these games to completion.

Xyrmellon

San Francisco is an awesome city and the reason people want to leave (absurd and inhumane housing costs) is partly because there are so many people who want to move there.

I don't want to speak for Dan, but he alluded several times on podcasts that San Fran was not his ideal place (although he met his fiance there so that opion may now be different). Every time they discuss the city I get the impression that unless you are ultra-liberal on social issues you'd not like it there. Also, poop everywhere.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

I feel like it's you guys fault that I initially thought you were linking a jeff tweet.

I don't want to speak for Dan, but he alluded several times on podcasts that San Fran was not his ideal place (although he met his fiance there so that opion may now be different). Every time they discuss the city I get the impression that unless you are ultra-liberal on social issues you'd not like it there. Also, poop everywhere.

I think it's more that San Fran is now populated by tech elites who are pushing the prices up and everyone else out.

Shadow of War seems interesting. I agree with Jeff that some of those sequences were kind of confusing from a gameplay perspective. Does the player fly that dragon around, or is it a sort of scripted, on-rails sequence? I can see those fortress sieges playing out like Mass Effect 2, where If you did X, Y happens.

This is probably asking too much, but I'd love the sieges to be like Mount & Blade, where each orc, each arrow, each sword is being simulated and the battle plays out within that simulation.

Bacon

Remember that time Ryan said a bad word on a stream and then Jeff issued a statement about it and Ryan too the week off?

No? Oh right Ryan owned up to his mistake and made a sincere apology and didn't downplay it or hide.

Must suck to be Greg and the rest of that crew.

This is putting into words exactly how i'm feeling about this better than I ever could have.

Also looking at those replies, looks like KF is gathering quite the community of folks over there.

Antiwhippy

Remember that time Ryan said a bad word on a stream and then Jeff issued a statement about it and Ryan took the week off?

No? Oh right Ryan owned up to his mistake and made a sincere apology and didn't downplay it or hide.

C'mon now.

Do you expect an alt-righter to think that they are wrong?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Shadow of War seems interesting. I agree with Jeff that some of those sequences were kind of confusing from a gameplay perspective. Does the player fly that dragon around, or is it a sort of scripted, on-rails sequence? I can see those fortress sieges playing out like Mass Effect 2, where If you did X, Y happens.

This is probably asking too much, but I'd love the sieges to be like Mount & Blade, where each orc, each arrow, each sword is being simulated and the battle plays out within that simulation.
If I understand it right the demo was played in god mode which enabled executions directly instead of after a long combo, which did make the demo vids look a bit confusing. I don't know about the dragon part though.

Remember that time Ryan said a bad word on a stream and then Jeff issued a statement about it and Ryan took the week off?

Ryan said that by mistake as a result of being kind of shitty when he was younger (like pretty much everybody was) and immediately regretted it.

Collin knew exactly what he was doing.

Tubobutts

Maybe in Shadows of 3: Wardor 2.

Because that will be out before Bannerlord anyway.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ryan said that by mistake as a result of being kind of shitty when he was younger (like pretty much everybody was) and immediately regretted it.

Collin knew exactly what he was doing.

5 years ago isn't really 'while i was younger and dumb' territory

SummitAve

Banned
This is putting into words exactly how i'm feeling about this better than I ever could have.

Also looking at those replies, looks like KF is gathering quite the community of folks over there.

As a very occasional viewer of KF I raised my eyebrows a concerning amount of times at some of those responses.

Antiwhippy

to be fair

he's a conservative but i don't think in any way colin is alt-right

He certainly has made comments that aren't that far off.

Also the conservative movement in america is practically the alt-right movement at this point, because you certainly don't see much opposition from conservatives against alt-right beliefs.

Teddified

Definitely real into Shadow of Wardor, I doubt I'm getting a ps4 pro at all so if it doesn't run too well on a ps4 I might have to get it on PC.

It's silly but I wanna play it on PS4 since it's where I played the first one and I'm weird like that.

Scizzy

The housing costs in San Francisco are causing a legitimate homelessness crisis in the city and have displaced many long time residents. It is a city with fundamental problems. But it does have incredible high end restaurants, some of the best Mexican and Chinese food in the country, great weather, a commitment to tolerance, a tremendous sports culture, beautiful parks, a strong mass transit system, and much more. If you make a living wage, it's a tremendous place to live and it's a tragedy how the tech boom and a resistance to expanding housing have marginalized and pushed out so many people.

kai3345

Banned
He certainly has made comments that aren't that far off.

Also the conservative movement in america is practically the alt-right movement at this point, because you certainly don't see much opposition from conservatives against alt-right beliefs.

colin is vehemently anti-trump and im pretty sure he said he voted for clinton (if not then he likely voted for johnson)

obviously he has a lot of shit views and ideas but i think lumping him in with Actual Nazis is a bit far

Antiwhippy

colin is vehemently anti-trump and im pretty sure he said he voted for clinton (if not then he likely voted for johnson)

obviously he has a lot of shit views and ideas but i think lumping him in with Actual Nazis is a bit far

Alright, I'll take your word for it because my exposure to him is limited, but the times his stuff popped up to me I've been less than impressed to say the least.

He voted for Gary Johnson. I think you're thinking of when he said he thought Clinton was more suited to be a president than Trump, but he hated both candidates. Today on a GDC video interview he did with Mike Bithell (Thomas Was Alone, Volume), he said he voted for John Kasich in the Primaries and would've voted for him in the General Election. Bithell said Kasich was well regarding in England compared to the other candidates.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax

Pretty sure he said that he would have voted for Trump over Hillary if push came to shove. Dude is trash.

Top Bottom