• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

I saw some Rule 34 of Link banging Aloy and his chest had 9.8 on it. WHAT NOW?!

hJ9htWQ.gif

Just watched a summary of sorts of the story up until nier automata...the fuck is going on?!

I'm so confused

well first you have to play Drakengard, and then you have to play Nier and then read the Nier compendium book, which didn't come out in english, but there's a fan translation. Then you need to watch the Automata stage play prequel, which also doesn't exist in english (but there's a fan translation)

actually from what I understand Automata depends very little on your knowledge of the series to tell its own story (but that shit is totally there and we'll probably be learning for years all the other little things that were hidden in the game)

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Just watched a summary of sorts of the story up until nier automata...the fuck is going on?!

I'm so confused

Once upon a time there were evil robots (or were there?!). Then you spend 80 hours on a fishing minigame. There is also a floating book somewhere. The end.
You're welcome.

Poor John Drake. He tweeted he ruptured his achilles tendon.

HbX2FQG.png

Just went on the PS4 after i updated to 4.5 and who thought the new notification navigation was a good idea?

wth

Yup. Pretty messy. Still annoyed you can't delete old notifications (i.e. trophies earned, when friend's go online, friend requests, etc.). They are permanent until another one of those notifications knock it down the list.

Meneses

Holy fucking shit, just spent the day blazing through the last chapters of Yakuza 0, couldn't put it down until I finished it. Didn't even give a damn about doing side stuff, just had to see it through to the end.

So many cool / dumb things happen that I was grinning all the time.

That final fight was so badass, I was practically jumping in my seat yelling fuck yeah. It got me so pumped that I was actually disappointed
that the credits didn't roll right there.

I bit the bullet and bought a switch today. I haven't put Zelda down since this morning. I don't know what it is that's keeping me playing, especially considering Im having a hard time sitting down with Horizon.

I bit the bullet and bought a switch today. I haven't put Zelda down since this morning. I don't know what it is that's keeping me playing, especially considering Im having a hard time sitting down with Horizon.

The need to justify a $300 purchase!

Horizon is good. Zelda is just really good. I have trouble making progress in Zelda because, even after a week, I keep messing around in the world. I literally see a mountain and go climb it. Dammit.

The need to justify a $300 purchase!

Horizon is good. Zelda is just really good. I have trouble making progress in Zelda because, even after a week, I keep messing around in the world. I literally see a mountain and go climb it. Dammit.

There are a few things i can think of that it might be

One is the camera angle, oddly enough. Horizon is really closed in in a third-person shooter-y way and it doesn't fit with like, exploring. A little claustrophobic.

And with Zelda, it really feels like going somewhere that looks interesting is worthwhile. They really filled that world up. I've only just left the starting area and I haven't done a main quest yet, I've just been running around and climbing mountains and solving shrines and stuff. It's great!

Meguro

Banned
I think the most important "small thing" that Zelda does differently is not marking shit on your map if you climb a tower.
It kinda changes everything.

Listening to the Beastcast, it's kind of funny how Jeff talks about running straight in to Zelda combat and using weapons to murder enemies instead of cooking up murder schemes and then immediately complains about his weapons breaking too quickly. I think the game's trying to tell him something about how it's balanced, and he's just not hearing it.

I never said that 3 wasn't better, but I guess you'll have to subscribe to My Thread™ to find out

Metacritic says 2 is objectively better than 3, so I'm not sure what to do.

It makes me want to climb everything in Nier, which I can't do.

What the hell was John Drake doing? A ruptured achilles sounds like a fucking nightmare. I always figured they'd try and tone down the PAX Rumble stuff after Dan broke some dude's ribs a couple years ago. Unathletic/unfit people trying to get physical and/or take bumps seems like a recipe for disaster.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Oh PC stopped working, guess buying nier automata will have to wait for a bit.

Fuck I don't have money for this shit to happen spontaneously.

Top Bottom