• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Ketch

This is what happens when you promise the raid and dont deliver the raid.

Giant bomb never deserved him.

GLHF Drew!

sYpSlvq.png

j7wspv.gif

After months of delays, and a week after it would be "within the next 24 hours", the first episode of Will's FOO show is up. I look forward to checking it out later.

YouTube was still in its infancy in early 2008, along with how expensive even decent capture equipment was. Stuff like Patreon can exist now because the cost of entry has come way down and ease of access has increased tremendously.

Yup.

The internet was so different back then. So many services today you can use simply didnt exist. Youtube wasn't really a way for people to make money and still had a 10 minute cap for crying out loud. Ustream was the premier live streaming website. I dont think Twitch even existed.

For a lot of stuff you simply needed to build that stuff yourself. And yeah. Capturing console video was a multi thousand dollar ordeal and so was live streaming. Jeff and Co couldnt simply launch the site on their own.

Also there are so many roads Jeff could have gone down after the GameSpot split.

I remember Jeff mentioned before that he had a offer to be the games news guy for Penny Arcade that Ben Kuchera ended up filling. Or maybe he could have become a consultant.

He was lucky that Cnet founder was starting Whiskey and Ryan and Dave where buddies and they could make that happen

Just woke up to see Drew's Cloth Map already funded before I even knew what it was. The GB community is amazing. Can't wait to see the stuff that he produces! Will he become the Anthony Bourdain of the gaming space? One way to find out, right?

Pledged for Drew and Kinda Funny. Big day for Patreons!

One or both (if one, which one)?

If you are a new Patreon supporter there (and not a returning one), check out the Patreon exclusive video of the party celebrating the opening of their studio. Lots of well-known video game people.

One or both (if one, which one)?

If you are a new Patreon supporter there (and not a returning one), check out the Patreon exclusive video of the party celebrating the opening of their studio. Lots of well-known video game people.
I did Games because that seemed more interesting, but I wouldn't be opposed to throwing some at the other one.

I did Games because that seemed more interesting, but I wouldn't be opposed to throwing some at the other one.

I do both for $1. It's worth it for the monthly exclusive episodes. I'd say the GameOverGreggy show exclusives tend to be the most intriguing. The Gamescast exclusives tend to have very good background stories of the guest (when there is one). Jeff was a guest a while back for an exclusive. The most recent was a deep dive into Horizon with Greg and Tim.

Top Bottom