• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Th travelling is fine.

It's the video stuff that gets you. :p

I wish I had the experience and lived in Sf. Last time I filmed something was 10 years a go with hd-dv cameras. There is so much more mobility and power nowadays (which obviously adds to workflow, but still).

How much money do I need to pay to drews patreon to make him come back?

Ruin his (meme) reputation.

dennismain.jpg

I'm confident Drew is simply using the the DENNIS system on us. He'll be back.

oti

Banned
Omg this mission is dumping so much lore. Fucking loving it.
#horizon>zelda

I like that Zelda has you actively seeking the story. After the Disney movie Skyward Sword it's a nice change of pace.

Really curious about the Horizon story though, whenever I get around playing it.

I just can't stop playing Zelda.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Might get around to horizon someday, but with persona 5 on the horizon, and probably cracking into nier during may, and then tekken 7....

Too many games to fit everything in lol.

oti

Banned
Yeah switching between switch and ps controls is a real fucker.

X is literally on opposite sides.

There's an option in the PS menu to change that I believe. After 60h of Zelda (and still far from done) I'm thinking about changing it. Played a round of Overwatch after a week and getting through the menus was rough.

robotrock

Banned
There's an option in the PS menu to change that I believe. After 60h of Zelda (and still far from done) I'm thinking about changing it. Played a round of Overwatch after a week and getting through the menus was rough.

The nintendo control layout is the problem here, not the PS4

Omg this mission is dumping so much lore. Fucking loving it.
#horizon>zelda

Let me guess, ur at the place with a billion audio logs, text logs, and commentary.

I effing HATED it.

You walk 6 feet after picking up an audio log and Aloy starts commenting on something different and then someone else talks to you. All at the same time. It's a mess.

Minimalistic gameplay story telling > lore diarrhea.

what if i could climb anything in horizon

Gosh yes. The game needs a clamber. Constantly derp jumping is annoying. Seeing easily grabbed chest high walls and rock/cliffs and having to go around is terrible. No yellow uncharted grabby thingy? You're outta luck.

Zocano

Remember when Resistance let you remap every button on the controller to whatever you wanted?

Fuck all video games forever.

robotrock

Banned
I'd like to play Resistance 3 at some point, maybe if they put a collection out on PS4. It looked cool. But I grabbed a PS3 at launch with a copy of Resistance and really didn't care for it, never had too much of an interest to pick up the sequels.

Also I want to play Nier so bad please unlock on Steam ASAP

Zocano

Man, Gaf really likes resistance 3. I remember playing and thinking it was alright.

The story is disappointing when I really got hooked into the lore off of Resistance 1 but something about the way the game plays just *feels* really good with combat set ups and encounter designs that are really great for letting you mix and match the arsenal.

Neir Automata has your back, fam.

I decided to wait on that after thinking it over and not wanting a story that would be predictably depressing right now. Like, I liked Nier, but given it's Yoko Taro, it's not hard to see where the story's gonna go emotionally.

Also the platinum character action feel is just kinda the same-ish for a while now? Like they all feel the same to a certain extent and just go off of how Bayonetta controls. Not that is inherently bad but I've played a lot of Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 and wasn't feeling dropping $60 on just more of that right now.

Meneses

Horizon looks absolutely stunning, even on a regular PS4, might be one - if not THE - best looking game i've played, but i'm having a real hard time getting into it.

People say the story is good but i'm really not having much fun playing it (still early on, I just got out of the first "area", so to speak. My current mission was
finding the ambushed team, which I did and now i'm following the leader. That's where I stopped last night
).

I think I might trade it in for Nier, I loved the demo.

I'd like to play Resistance 3 at some point, maybe if they put a collection out on PS4. It looked cool. But I grabbed a PS3 at launch with a copy of Resistance and really didn't care for it, never had too much of an interest to pick up the sequels.

Welcome back. Resistance 3 works for the most part because you can feel the despair in the world & it's the most satisfying one gameplay wise when you shoot with. It also has great encounters.

Glad east did the cult side quest it's a good one.

muchuhssv.gif

Top Bottom