• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I really want a timelaps video of Drew's face from an hour before the Patreon started til now. How much do I have to pledge to get that?

Zocano

I hope they do a QL for Styx: Shards of Darkness. That first game was really good.

Master of Shadows had some of the best level design I've had the pleasure of working through. It gives Dishonored a run for its money and then exceeds it.

But I don't think the guys really like games where you are powerless or fragile. None of them seem to at all, really. Dishonored makes the combat and killing still feel fun and effective but Styx is some Thief-ass Thief and you are not powerful in Thief and you are not powerful in Styx. It's a stealth game to its core.

Fantastapotamus

Master of Shadows had some of the best level design I've had the pleasure of working through. It gives Dishonored a run for its money and then exceeds it.

But I don't think the guys really like games where you are powerless or fragile. None of them seem to at all, really. Dishonored makes the combat and killing still feel fun and effective but Styx is some Thief-ass Thief and you are not powerful in Thief and you are not powerful in Styx. It's a stealth game to its core.

Is there still a medal (or whatever it was) for completion time? That really fucks with me cause my brain can't ignore that shit but I like taking my time

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
*comes out of ban cryostasis*

What'd I miss?

Is everyone still playing Nioh

*strokes long beard and scratches butt*

Zocano

Is there still a medal (or whatever it was) for completion time? That really fucks with me cause my brain can't ignore that shit but I like taking my time

Yah one of the medals is for completion time. I'd say you can just ignore it but I know how the completionist itch can fuck with you.

Fantastapotamus

Yah one of the medals is for completion time. I'd say you can just ignore it but I know how the completionist itch can fuck with you.

I mean, I should really learn to get over this stuff but there will always be this little voice in my head screaming "GET IT ALL!"
I should just use the Steam Achievment manager and enjoy the game

*comes out of ban cryostasis*

What'd I miss?

Is everyone still playing Nioh

*strokes long beard and scratches butt*

Everything is on fire but it's really good fire

Zocano

I mean, I should really learn to get over this stuff but there will always be this little voice in my head screaming "GET IT ALL!"

Getting the speed medal isn't a cheevo for what it's worth.

Only the ghosting medal for every mission is an achievement.

As opposed to the beastcast awww yiss.

Haha, good point. For some reason awwww yiss cracked me up.

A point to better illustrate what I meant:

Austin regularly reads off 5+ domains that redirect to Waypoint, which very much feels like it is iterating on Jeff and the domains that go to Giant Bomb. Jeff will say those other domains irregularly and often in a context where it's funny, whereas with Austin and Waypoint, he says them often and the joke has been run into the ground.

I guess it is this mix of subtly and restraint that I find funny?

Wunder

Everything is on fire but it's really good fire

Stuff like that is why I really can't get into certain games, specifically ones that feature too many options to tackle a problem.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
They run some jokes into the ground, that's true. But they have this super supportive vibe over there and I guess that's why no one dares to say something negative about it.
And I never thought Austin was very funny to begin with.

They run some jokes into the ground, that's true. But they have this super supportive vibe over there and I guess that's why no one dares to say something negative about it.
And I never thought Austin was very funny to begin with.

Good point--I definitely appreciate the supportive vibe and critical eye. On Waypoint Radio, I like how it goes from Real Talk one minute to a light anime/robot/etc. vibe the next.

just for fun what would the rest of GB projects be if they were to launch Patreon

Brad - Full time guinea pig husbandry w/ DOTA on the side
Jeff - Giant Bomb 2.0 - Improved Wiki but games before 2005 are not allowed. Encyclopedia bombastica for every C64 game
Jason - Swearing and Fight Stick reviews

Alex - Nihilistic Drumming Lessons
Vinny - Wordworking/Dad Talk show
Dan - Taco Bell / Wrestling show

Rorie - Fulltime Dog Chomping

David - World history podcast w/ an indepth look into the economics of the time

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Nioh is old hat. It's all about Zelda and Horizon now

Now there's two games I can't stop playing. I'm nearly done with Horizon, but also kinda thinking I want to 100% even tho that seems rather daunting. We'll see.

Vinny sold me on Zelda. It got really tiring hearing a lot of people go a little too hard into zealotry over that game but Vinny was level headed and even about it and that prompted me into buying it more than anything else.

Oh my god Nioh came out only a little over a month ago... It seems WAY longer to me. So many damn games.

Too many damn games.

I really want a timelaps video of Drew's face from an hour before the Patreon started til now. How much do I have to pledge to get that?
If I was in Drew's position I would have progressed from shitting myself over the idea of starting my own solo business to shitting myself over the idea of producing videos worthy of $15k/month.

I am not cut out for self-employment.

drew literally just posted in discord chat
ama.jpg

Hasney

If I was in Drew's position I would have progressed from shitting myself over the idea of starting my own solo business to shitting myself over the idea of producing videos worthy of $15k/month.

I am not cut out for self-employment.

At the very most you're cut out of adult diapers.

I think I did all the towers, 40 odd shrines and all the dungeons before I headed to Ganon. Didn't end up doing any of the memories so I didn't get the best ending apparently but I never really felt any need to see more of that stuff.

Hindl

I really liked the memories

Yeah VO aside I thought they were cool, and I did like that you could see them in any order. Led to a real Tarantino vibe where I saw a memory about them preparing to do something after I had seen a memory that shows the results of what they did

How do you see how long you've played? When I checked my profile it only shows me that "You started playing Zelda 4 days ago."

Only appears 10 days after you start playing. Nintendo

Jeff and GiantBomb have a pretty hard "no shameless crowdfunding pimping" rule so I dont expect to see Drew until at least the the buzz has died down and he is not in launch mode.

Unless it was Harmonix of course. Then shill that shit all over the site.

Top Bottom