• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Jintor

nintendo actively going backwards on ui features is one of the most baffling things i can recall in recent existance

why would you ditch eshop music and the activity log?

and if you didn't ditch it, why would you act as if you had?

Catvoca

Banned
I downloaded Yakuza 4 since people said it was one of the easiest Yakuza games to get into but the story recap for 1-3 is literally over an hour long 😧

Real Hero

nintendo actively going backwards on ui features is one of the most baffling things i can recall in recent existance

why would you ditch eshop music and the activity log?

and if you didn't ditch it, why would you act as if you had?

caring about eshop music is a joke right?

Zocano

I downloaded Yakuza 4 since people said it was one of the easiest Yakuza games to get into but the story recap for 1-3 is literally over an hour long ��

It's the easiest to get into because you don't really need any prior story knowledge at all. It's pretty self contained.

Don't bother with the recap for now.

Zocano

Oh, cool. Some other comment I read said it was needed.

You'll miss context for some events but it isn't really that big a deal, I think you can infer enough and fill in the gaps reasonably well with what they tell you in game. The writing has a habit of re-explaining things for the player anyway. You can watch Yakuza 1's recap since that's the most relevant to know but otherwise it's not necessary.

Catvoca

Banned
You'll miss context for some events but it isn't really that big a deal, I think you can infer enough and fill in the gaps reasonably well with what they tell you in game. The writing has a habit of re-explaining things for the player anyway. You can watch Yakuza 1's recap since that's the most relevant to know but otherwise it's not necessary.

Great, thanks for the info. If I'm enjoying the game after a while I might watch the recaps anyway.

I forgot how hard Far Cry 2 is, weapon jamming, malaria sickness, and your buddies permadying oh boy. Still a great game, I just wish the respawning checkpoints wasn't a thing.

I forgot how hard Far Cry 2 is, weapon jamming, malaria sickness, and your buddies permadying oh boy. Still a great game, I just wish the respawning checkpoints wasn't a thing.

The hardest part of that game for me was not being able to travel 100 feet without being attacked by a new set of bad guys. It took forever to get from point a to b. I loved that fire mechanic though. I wish more games picked that up.

oti

Banned
I love Rorie but I imagine a quick look with him is him playing the game for about 5 minutes and then being distracted and you hear him talking and doing things off mic for a minute or two and then he just walks away.

Sounds better than the Horizon QL to me.

Aselith

This guy called Drew Scanlon is gonna guest on today's Bombcast.

coin-flip-mcduck.gif

Hindl

I thought I was getting burned out on BotW, and decided to just fire it up and do a shrine, and ended up spending 4 hours exploring an ice mountain that I thought I was going to hate. I usually hate ice levels, they're so monotonous with their color and everything. But the atmosphere in it is amazing. And I ended up finding a la
bryinth

Amazing to see the money that Drew and Danny are pulling from Patreon each month. Even with all their expenses, they're banking some serious fucking $$$ now.

Jeff is right that if this type of thing was around in 2008, it would be funding GB and not CBSi.

daveo42

Banned
Finally finished BitE. That cult quest was amazing, though I kind of wish there was a bit more on a tail end for the resident hippie douche bag.

Top Bottom