• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

C62VEi2WoAA887o.jpg:small

send help

Wii_U_screenshot_Game_Pad_004_C1.jpg

J_Viper

Those threads on Colin and Yoko Taro might be the two biggest dumpster fires I've ever seen on this board, my goodness

Anyway, congrats to Drew!

Mr. F

Banned
I'm in a weird spot where I'm in 30+ hours of Zelda without having done basically any of the story stuff and instead just been enjoying exploring and climbing shit and solving shrines.

I'm kind of worrying that I should maybe reign in my meandering, I don't want to be left bee-lining the main story for lack of side stuff to do in the end (or maybe the game really is so large that that's a silly concern). Never had this kind of sustained aimlessness in a game before, maybe the closest would be Morrowind or Oblivion or Souls games in a different sense. Really great feeling.

I CAN SEE THE NUMBER OF HOURS I PLAYED ZELDA?!

HOW (switch)

Go to your profile and it should be there provided you have played the game at least ten days ago from the time you are checking. It won't give you an exact amount, but it is better than nothing.

Mupod

I may have focused too much on getting stronger in Zelda because I just facetanked a dungeon boss and murdered it in seconds. It was only the second dungeon I did but I'm gonna guess I might have 'overleveled' for the other two as well. Despite what Jeff keeps saying about a lack of progression, random enemy camps are now running around with 45+ attack power weapons presumably because I've been killing them so much. And I have armor with like 56 defense upgraded almost entirely from common monster parts and it took almost all of the parts I've looted throughout the game.

I should just go crash the castle early and see what happens. I was able to take on Guardians a long time ago (with difficulty) and I'm way stronger now.

I may have focused too much on getting stronger in Zelda because I just facetanked a dungeon boss and murdered it in seconds. It was only the second dungeon I did but I'm gonna guess I might have 'overleveled' for the other two as well. Despite what Jeff keeps saying about a lack of progression, random enemy camps are now running around with 45+ attack power weapons presumably because I've been killing them so much. And I have armor with like 56 defense upgraded almost entirely from common monster parts and it took almost all of the parts I've looted throughout the game.

I should just go crash the castle early and see what happens. I was able to take on Guardians a long time ago (with difficulty) and I'm way stronger now.

I might be on this path as well. Do monster camps get stronger with every respawn?

The dungeon bosses are always easy. But yeah if you are running around with 56 defense you are basically using post game level of equipment as it takes 10s of hours of grinding to get that.

I might be on this path as well. Do monster camps get stronger with every respawn?
Enemies upgrade in tier after blood moon once you've killed enough of that type.

Hindl

As you kill monsters, stronger varieties of them will appear when they respawn. Like for Bokoblins, it'll go red -> blue -> that brown with the leopard print? and they get significantly tougher. That's kinda fixed my criticism that aligned with Jeff about weapon durability. As you get deeper into the game, enemies drop more high quality items that last longer. The weakest weapon I have is still like 24 and lasts for a decent amount of battles

I wasn't expecting to say this, but my most anticipated part of Nintendo's E3 may be the hard mode DLC talk. And it's slated for Summer, hopefully that means they drop it at the end of their conference

Now that I'm done with Zelda I can get back to my Mass Effect trilogy replay. Need to get them all done before Andromeda comes out. I'm up to 2 at the moment.

Aselith

Are they seriously letting someone on the Bombcast just to shill his Patreon?

At this point, he's doing them the favor by deigning to appear on their podcast. If anything, it's returning the favor of having him shill them on his Patreon.

Could this be another Stardew Valley situation where Capcom just couldn't be even bothered to try on PC and then the imitator becomes uber popular?

*comes out of ban cryostasis*

What'd I miss?

Is everyone still playing Nioh

*strokes long beard and scratches butt*

Welcome back!

drew literally just posted in discord chat
ama.jpg

Man, I'm not into the discord business and all that but I may have to pop in if Drew is going to be posting pics there and such. Never tried it.

Vinny leaving GB confirmed. It's over.

jghbaksrb.gif

Jason looks so happy <3 can't wait to catch up on the Bombcast later when it drops.

Top Bottom