• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

C62VEi2WoAA887o.jpg:small

i've done one of the four divine beasts

send help

i'm 30 hours in and haven't set foot in a dungeon.
looks like we're on a similar pace.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I know we are all talking about Zelda and all but....Torment is really fucking good you guys and I'm so happy. It even keeps the good ol' Planescape "quirk" of making the fighting system fucking atricious.

But seriously, I love this game. Nobody at GB will ever play it longer than 30 minutes but I love it.

robotrock

Banned
I know we are all talking about Zelda and all but....Torment is really fucking good you guys and I'm so happy. It even keeps the good ol' Planescape "quirk" of making the fighting system fucking atricious.

But seriously, I love this game. Nobody at GB will ever play it longer than 30 minutes but I love it.
Can I play it without playing the first one?
Did that. But idk how to get into his channel.

Left most bar in Discord, there should be a Cloth Map icon you can click on. That's the channel.

It was automatically added for me after I linked my Discord and Patreon account.

How many fights can I talk my way out of and how often do you update your journal?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Can I play it without playing the first one?

Technically it's not even the same franchise since Wizards of the Cost are a bunch of idiots, so absolutely. There are a couple of nods (mostly names of charaters) but that's it.
HOWEVER
I will tell you that Planescape Torment is pretty much the pinnacle of video games and everybody in the entire world should play it. So there's that.

How many fights can I talk my way out of and how often do you update your journal?

I played 11 hours before my monitor broke and got into 2 fights, one of which I knowingly started myself. So it's not that bad.
I just want to play this game but I have no monitor.....thank god for Zelda

The hardest part of that game for me was not being able to travel 100 feet without being attacked by a new set of bad guys. It took forever to get from point a to b. I loved that fire mechanic though. I wish more games picked that up.

Yeah, FC2 still has the best fire mechanics in any game ever. It's a shame no other game has come close, even the new zelda pales in comparison.

Mupod

Mass Effect always controlled terribly.

It was obviously a
joke

snap to cover was horrible in ME1. The dedicated cover button in ME2 was huge for me.

ME3 multiplayer though I kinda just ran around as a Krogan and punched everything to death so maybe it won't be a game breaker in Andromeda. I've played games that handle automatic cover well (TLOU) but I have little faith in ME doing it right.

ME Andromeda just seems like a real bad case of "its just another one of those"

The 4th game after a completed trilogy is always hard. I feel like Uncharted 4 has been the only game from last gen that stuck that landing and only because it was basically the game Uncharted 3 tried to be but failed at.

ME Andromeda just seems like a real bad case of "its just another one of those"

The 4th game after a completed trilogy is always hard. I feel like Uncharted 4 has been the only game from last gen that stuck that landing and only because it was basically the game Uncharted 3 tried to be but failed at.

Agreed. After a trilogy, it's just hard to find a reason to invest in a story or world that's essentially "complete".

Examples God of War Ascension, Halo 4, Gears of War Judgment.

TraBuch

Banned
I was under the impression that the new Nier was just as much an RPG as the first one, just with better combat, but they kind of implied otherwise. Anyone know for sure?

I was under the impression that the new Nier was just as much an RPG as the first one, just with better combat, but they kind of implied otherwise. Anyone know for sure?

At least based on the demo and what I have heard it's way more Character Action and a lot less jrpg

But there are quite a few sections in the first Nier that if you just cut out everything before and after, it makes it look like a character action game.

From everything I've heard it's basically more Nier except the combat isn't crummy. aka, best case scenario

Meguro

Banned
Yeah the first NieR was an RPG in that it had lots of sidequests and talking and melodrama.
Sounds like Automata has all that plus actual fun gameplay this time.

Megasoum

Banned
subscribed, thanks!

I ended up going back and watching all his videos. The guy is super talented and he reminds me of Drew.

Also, as someone who lived in a big city his whole life, I find it super interesting and relaxing to watch him work around the farm.

Oh and his dog is great.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Agreed. After a trilogy, it's just hard to find a reason to invest in a story or world that's essentially "complete".

Examples God of War Ascension, Halo 4, Gears of War Judgment.

Somehow people have been fooled into accepting sequel bait endings as just the normal thing to do, developers just need to figure out how to work a tease for the next trilogy into the "last" game.

Top Bottom