• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Moaradin

Yeah, skip out on the Nier talk if you have any interest in that game. Saying it's not story related really undersells it. The gameplay aspect is just as important and the surprise of it is one of the best parts. It's a very weird thing to bring up to begin with since it seems like Peter Brown isn't even close to getting that ending himself, so he has no idea how significant it actually is.

Jintor

That's two nier spoilers I wasn't prepared for on two different casts

I'm more annoyed at myself for not skipping them since they were both heavily warned.

PC version, can't wait.

hamchan

Bit disappointed that Jeff and Alex immediately told Vinny and Dan when Tokyo Drift was set in the timeline but I guess they couldn't hold their excitement.

repeater

On the website, but is nowhere else, still is fkn irresponsible to do it less than a week out. Just becaus they are not gonna play the game idc, do it on ur personal time but no in a live podcast which is one of the most popular gaming podcasts in the world.
The spoiler is also very clearly announced on the podcast, giving you plenty of time to tune out of you don't wanna hear it. I did not want to be spoiled and I had no problem avoiding it.

Xater

Despite not enjoying the last few Bioware games all that much, I had Andromeda pre-ordered. Peter Brown made me feel good about finally canceling it. Well the Rock Paper Shotgun preview also confirmed my biggest fears for that game.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean i share his total disinterest in anything mass effect related, but if you're a fan of the series why would you listen to someone who obviously does not like it?

It's like me basing my opinion on project diva from dan.

Xater

I mean i share his total disinterest in anything mass effect related, but if you're a fan of the series why would you listen to someone who obviously does not like it?

But I am not really a fan. I loved the first one, had problems with 2 and hated 3. Let's not even talk about DA2 or Inquisition.

I'm an old school Bioware fan. I still think they peaked with Baldur's Gate 2.

jambo

They both produce boring, generic rock so that sounds about right.

Like I can totally imagine this as a U2 song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dmQ3QWpy1Q

I legitimately made this face when I heard this song

lgPy3Gy.gif

convo

Jeff has talked about his dislike for temporal buffs with Zelda but also with Persona 4, and i'm really confused about the latter since i can't think of a turn based rpg that has permanent buffs. Like every jrpg has buffs and debuffs to cast. And comparing those things from turn-based games and real time action games like zelda also makes no sense to me. In persona you have infinite time to sit on the turn and think about the next move ,you have no acctual time limit and a turn limit is not the same thing.It's not rocket science.

Jeff has talked about his dislike for temporal buffs with Zelda but also with Persona 4, and i'm really confused about the latter since i can't think of a turn based rpg that has permanent buffs. Like every jrpg has buffs and debuffs to cast. And comparing those things from turn-based games and real time action games like zelda also makes no sense to me. In persona you have infinite time to sit on the turn and think about the next move ,you have no acctual time limit and a turn limit is not the same thing.It's not rocket science.
Jeff's the kinda dude who will always pick the warrior/barbarian class when given the opportunity. He just wants to hit stuff.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

I'm with Jeff in that I never use buffs or debuffs.

LiK

I think I have to side with Jeff about Zelda. I only completed the opening area and making my way to the next story quest but so far it's been okay.

Zaph

Not sure if its the same for Jeff, but my issue with temporary buff effects in single player games is that they're often balanced very poorly with a negative return on your time investment.

In MMO's they're usually tuned as a necessity - you cannot beat the hardest content without buffs and consumables. But in single player games, outside of the occasional difficult boss fight, if you instead hit the enemy that turn, your overall damage ends up higher. Buff food is a similar problem - if you take the time it took to find and cook food, and instead use it grind and level up, or find a better weapon, you'll do more damage/progress faster on average.

Top Bottom