• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Curufinwe

It's just boring doing the same thing over and over. It gets very repetitive. The games are pretty long already and I usually just want to get to the next story beat. Tokyo Mirage Sessions did it right. The dungeons weren't quite as long even with the backtracking and the combat was always fun to watch during the Sessions combos. I've been on a media blackout for P5 so I hope the combat is just as fun to watch as to play.

The TMS dungeons ended up being a pain in the ass because of all the gimmicks they threw in to make them more interesting.

Xater

Wildlands looks like they thought about a bunch of mechanics for an open world Ghost Recon, without ever considering how they would interact with each other or the the sandbox. It seems so easy to break, hell the game looks like no challenge at all the way Jeff picked his skills. Just poor game design all around.

They spoiled a gameplay thing, nothing story related, really.

I feel like the set piece itself was spoiled. If they talked to the same extent about the end of
Halo Reach
which, to some extent, sounds like the same thing, I would've been pretty upset about it.

I'm just thankful he stopped Brad from talking about Eventide in BOTW, haven't made it there yet.

I've been careful to avoid talk of Eventide and how the Master Sword works, so I dodged the bullet twice this week.

repeater

Man, Wildlands just looks so goddamn stale and boring. Ubisoft ended one of their E3 conferences with the reveal trailer for this game for God's sake, how can it look SO BORING??

can someone link me to that jeff phone call with the weird GGish dude where they talked for like 20 min? good vid
Are you thinking of this one?

Peter Brown is a great guest.

No lies detected.

Man, that looks underwhelming. I was looking forward to it but now I'm not so sure which is a shame because I enjoyed playing The Division alot with my friends.

rgmt1sib.gif

Real talk.

Kinda Blue Bombin'd out. They should take a break from mega man for a bit.

VinnyVania wouldnt have been as fun if it was every. single. week.

The way Jeff plays Wild Lands makes it seem like the most boring open world shooter game ever. It probably is the most boring modern one

BearPawB

Banned
That Nick guy had some of the sickest burns this week.

I wanted him to apply for the Beast job. He's a real good writer/fan of the site, but he seems more writing focused.

He's a great twitter follow because hes super critical of other games press members, and not in the way most people usually are

Real talk.

Yup! VinnyVania was always a treat when it showed up. I don't think it was ever straight up weekly, right? And the last episode of Dracula's Curse remains one for the ages.

edit: I REALLY want them to go back to Noctropolis. I wonder why they can't do that and Mega Man on alternating weeks?

Wunder

Real talk.

Yeah especially if they aren't going back to the two livestreams a week schedule. Technically BitE can be considered that style of content but I wouldn't mind a playdate every two or three weeks.

Top Bottom