• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Snagret

Action games from the NES/SNES are much more fun to play than to watch. A lot of them just aren't weird enough to be interesting. Contra was a good fit because it was so short they could do it in bite sized pieces, but 2-3 hours of megaman is just arduous.

I'd love to see them move to more story-heavy games. BitE is a treat, I'd love to see them do more obscure or story-heavy games.

What I really want is for them to bring back Random PC Game :(

imBask

Banned
it's ok if you don't like it just make sure to give it a 7/10 and let the gaming side know you really hate zelda and Nintendo

xImu44j.gif

Huh.

The real version is worse

Lunar FC

You might just not like it. It probably has good trade-in value. There's no real secret. Just wander around and do stuff. If that isn't doing it for you then it's probably not for you

Feel like I'm having Jeff issue where I'm just wondering around looking to cool stuff that everybody is talking about and never find anything.

I only have like 5 hours in it.

Hindl

Feel like I'm having Jeff issue where I'm just wondering around looking to cool stuff that everybody is talking about and never find anything.

Are you off the plateau yet? Things start to open up a lot after that

There isn't a wrong way to play the game, but I do think the combat requires some creativity if you really want to get the most out of it. Sure, you can slash up the enemies (well, some of the encampments... I have been hitting some groups that would be impossible to take out without some proper planning. Four moblins at once is no joke). I really think the game provides incentive for this creative thinking top to bottom--like the durability system is built so that you have to continually adapt on the fly. And the environment is conducive to it as well: with metal crates, barrels, the ability to scale any piece of the landscape, and all the runes at your disposal, there's a myriad of options you have to take out bad guys. Though sometimes I think it's good to just jump into combat and see where it takes you

it's kinda similar to the horizon QL when jeff was able to stealth kill each guy with the OP whistle thing. where's the fun in that when the game has so many more tools for you to use

Hindl

Ye, I juss got to Hateno

Alright, the story has you do some stuff there and then basically sets you free for the rest of the game. There's some smaller quests but they're not necessary. I'd play through that and start doing shit, and see if you like it. Also, there is a wide variety of environments, so you could just go somewhere else if it's getting boring

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Oh yeah, good election in the netherlands, rainworld is up for preorder, ME:A stream incoming, got more hearts and stamina in zelda....today is yet another good day

Zocano

it's kinda similar to the horizon QL when jeff was able to stealth kill each guy with the OP whistle thing. where's the fun in that when the game has so many more tools for you to use

I'm normally not one to experiment in a game just for the sake of it. Not anymore at least.

But I took one look at Horizon's skill tree and saw how fucking stupid broken lure call was (the whistle) and am refusing to get it out of sheer desire not to completely ruin the stealth for me.

I'm normally not one to experiment in a game just for the sake of it. Not anymore at least.

But I took one look at Horizon's skill tree and saw how fucking stupid broken lure call was (the whistle) and am refusing to get it out of sheer desire not to completely ruin the stealth for me.

Before too long in the game most enemies won't go down from this.

Edit: Though I'm not sure about human enemies. The areas they were in didn't seem too friendly for the grass+Stealth kill method, except for a few instances where stealth is part of the quest/story/mission.

Jeff's suggestion that BotW needs levels/experience is just... so wrong. His whole take on the game is kind of flabbergasting, although I admit I'm a week behind on Bombcasts so maybe it gets better.

Zocano

Before too long in the game most enemies won't go down from this.

I mean I'm already running into multiple sawtooths and bellowbacks so I can't just run at fools and stealth kill them. I haven't gotten into the bigger section of the map yet (just finished first cauldron).

Jeff's suggestion that BotW needs levels/experience is just... so wrong. His whole take on the game is kind of flabbergasting, although I admit I'm a week behind on Bombcasts so maybe it gets better.

As much as Jeff seems to lean on ironically liking numbers going up and clicker type stuff...

He actually does seem to just like numbers going up.

There was a point where I thought "RPG SYSTEMS" were a + and loot systems were always good but fuck that shit now. It's usually so thinly applied that it ruins more than it enhances.

Robaperas

Jeff was spot when describing Wildlands voice acting, even the Spanish/Latino VO sounds less stale. And that video describing El Yayo was all sorts of weird.

daveo42

Banned
I mean I'm already running into multiple sawtooths and bellowbacks so I can't just run at fools and stealth kill them. I haven't gotten into the bigger section of the map yet (just finished first cauldron).

Once you have Quiet Step or the w/e the one that lets you run without making noise along with the stealth armor and some good upgrades, you'll be able to run up on almost anything and override them, granted you also unlocked their cauldrons.

Stealth kills on bigger guys isn't really a thing till closer to end game.

Zocano

Once you have Quiet Step or the w/e the one that lets you run without making noise along with the stealth armor and some good upgrades, you'll be able to run up on almost anything and override them, granted you also unlocked their cauldrons.

I mean right out the gate I bought the rare-tier stealth suit and had +stealth mods sitting around and even at 50%+ stealth or whatever, enemies just don't seem to notice me.

Considering how much the crazies are jumping out of the woodwork recently its real impressive the caliber of people who have come though the GB doors over the years that no one seems like a shit head.

Giant Bomb runs with a good crowd.

Just drug peddlers
2665538-kgmx.gif

And dog-hating murderers:
2701789-diedoggy.gif

Wunder

Stealth kills on bigger guys isn't really a thing till closer to end game.

Am I right in assuming overrides are basically Mount or AI fight buddy? I thought I read that each machine would have a relatively unique effect but haven't really encountered anything past those two routines.

That fucking Nier spoiler dropped like it was nothing. Who did that even benefit? It's barely a week old and takes a huge investment to get to that point. Ugh.

They probably had less negative prior experiences (the event Brad attended, Peter Brown's experiences, foggy marketing from EA/BioWare) and probably went in with a more open mind. I'm expecting a different tone from Brad/Jeff.

Ah, I see what you mean. Still, Brad seemed more than willing to give the game a fair shake in that Bombcast conversation. Definitely can't say as much for Jeff, though.

StoveOven

Banned
That fucking Nier spoiler dropped like it was nothing. Who did that even benefit? It's barely a week old and takes a huge investment to get to that point. Ugh.

Dropped like it was nothing is a pretty big exaggeration. There was plenty of warning. As somebody who didn't want to know it was easy for me to skip ahead

Top Bottom