• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

repeater

Bioware cant do black people hair.

Never even tried to improve but its been a issue with them FOREVER
I mean, this looked straight up bugged.

I also did a double take when they said this was on PS4 Pro. Textures look extremely plain (might be the stream quality too, of course).

I don't remember it being this distracting. This is like getting annoying on my ears, like even the humans sort of sound filtered through an autotune.

The voice acting for the non-main characters is pretty poor so far which imo highlights it.

I mean, this looked straight up bugged.

I also did a double take when they said this was on PS4 Pro. Textures look extremely plain (might be the stream quality too, of course).

If someone told me they somehow are playing a 6 month old build i'd believe them. I was actually really looking forward to it -- and I still sorta am -- but this is surprising me with how straight up bad it looks. Especially when I found DA:I to be gorgeous in many ways.

Real Hero

Man...man. Five years after Mass Effect 3 ended the trilogy on a sour note and this is their attempt to revive it.
I thought the ending was really good, should have just left the series alone. I know that's not realistic business wise but whatever you think of the ending it was definitely and ending with a big full stop

imBask

Banned
maybe they should just spent all the voice acting money on Ashly Burch instead

just have her do all the voices, males included

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
whoever said demo derby should go out east is so wrong it hurts

that feature is jeff's dumb stories and the awful turn of the century music reactions from jeff. that feature barely even existed before el jefe

Catvoca

Banned
If someone told me they somehow are playing a 6 month old build i'd believe them. I was actually really looking forward to it -- and I still sorta am -- but this is surprising me with how straight up bad it looks. Especially when I found DA:I to be gorgeous in many ways.

I feel the same way. A lot of the early impressions were positive so I'm surprised to see just how shitty their facial animations and conversations in general are. I wish proper reviews were sooner.

whoever said demo derby should go out east is so wrong it hurts

that feature is jeff's dumb stories and the awful turn of the century music reactions from jeff. that feature barely even existed before el jefe

Jeff is a video game encyclopedia and Demo Derby is a video game time capsule. How could anyone envision it without Jeff?

Chumley

Banned
I was trying to be optimistic about ME:A but this stream... the dream is dead.

What the fuck happened? How did Bioware drop the ball like this?

Listening to Andrew Reiner (on Game Informer Live yesterday) and Brad trying to to talk around the games low point in a non-review fashion is great. They sound like they are doing amazing mental gymnastic to talk around the embargo but not fully tear apart the game.

LiK

I wonder if I should cancel my preorder...

edit: oh wait, I got it for discount and steelbook is included. Guess I'll keep it.

I was trying to be optimistic about ME:A but this stream... the dream is dead.

What the fuck happened? How did Bioware drop the ball like this?

I want to see some planet gameplay. Good exploration and fun combat can make up for the stiff animation and rough voice acting.

If it's actually bad though that's pretty alarming. At least Dragon Age 2 had an excuse of being created on a very short timeline. They had time for Andromeda.

dkCsi8Gl.png

Xater

I want to see some planet gameplay. Good exploration and fun combat can make up for the stiff animation and rough voice acting.

If it's actually bad though that's pretty alarming. At least Dragon Age 2 had an excuse of being created on a very short timeline. They had time for Andromeda.

RPS made the planets sound like Inquisition, meaning awful.

Chumley

Banned
Oh my god. It is so consistently terrible. It's like amateur clay animation.

The animations across the board, the facial expressions, the voice acting - all terrible and significantly worse than anything I remember in ME1-3. The writing is just straight up bland as fuck and boring. No grip on atmosphere whatsoever, either.

Did anyone on the original games work on this? It feels like a budget off-brand version of ME. Even if the combat and exploration is somehow really good, it won't make up for this.

Top Bottom