• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

J_Viper

Casey_Hudson.jpg

Miss me yet?

Zaph

"That's just Mass Effect"

Someone remind Brad he's a professional critic. Bad shit is bad - it being there 10 years ago doesn't matter.

Xater

"That's just Mass Effect"

Someone remind Brad he's a professional critic. Bad shit is bad - it being there 10 years ago doesn't matter.

I can't hear excuses like that anymore. Same shit every time Bethesda delivers a new broken mess.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No bars to fill, battle gives you resources for medicine and new weapons. There's no scanning either.

you also lose weapons and medicine in battle

if anything, the combat in zelda is even more meaningless. and korok seeds and shrines are your bars to fill.

and there is scanning. its the camera.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

if anything, the combat in zelda is even more meaningless. and korok seeds and shrines are your bars to fill.

But at least I can take selfies.

Checkmate, mass effect.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
great ancient alien tech. chosen one. special destiny.

every Bioware game I've been playing since I was 12.

I like when DA 2 defenders try to act like DA 2 didn't do this

like the shit at the end of DA 2 wouldn't have gone on to be a worldwide catastrophe.

oti

Banned

Breh, shrines are the gameplay of Zelda. They are puzzles. You can't possibly compare them to skinning pigs or something for a bigger purse.

You don't need to scan anything. It's not an integral part of the game unless you make it one.

The combat still isn't meaningless. You get new and better weapons. That's the loop. You might not like it much, that doesn't make it meaningless.

There's more soul in Zelda's tutorial plateau than anything I've seen from Mass Effect so far. And that's a buuuuuuuuuummer. ME2 is one of my favourite games ever.

Kaizer

Banned
This stream & other impressions are just confirming my decision to wait for a bargin bin sale for Andromeda & wait it out 2 weeks so I can dive into Persona 5. Currently working my way through Horizon & Nier Automata anyway.

I'm not too upset with the character models and faces as a whole, but the eyes are certainly off-putting. I remember the player character in Inquisition looked similarly unsettling.

I'm looking forward to the game, but I would not have been upset if Bioware had taken another year to polish it up.

I don't think I'm going to cancel my pre-order, though. Three wasn't the highlight of the series, but I never had any regrets buying it when it came out.

Meguro

Banned
All actions in videogames are meaningless if you really think about it.
Shooting a dude in Destiny doesn't actually do anything.
Getting a levelup in Horizon doesn't actually do anything.
Videogames don't actually do anything.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

And we all die eventually, to be forgotten by a universe that doesn't care.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I wanted to say the new Mako looks great, but then it couldn't drive up a hill

I seriously don't understand the person at Bioware who went 'you know, we should make the all-terrain switch in the nomad require a button press'

I'm guessing it's actually to make sure you don't have a whole lot of speed going up hills so you can't go out of bounds, but still.....just why?

oti

Banned
Anime doesn't actually do anything.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Breh, shrines are the gameplay of Zelda. They are puzzles. You can't possibly compare them to skinning pigs or something for a bigger purse.

You don't need to scan anything. It's not an integral part of the game unless you make it one.

The combat still isn't meaningless. You get new and better weapons. That's the loop. You might not like it much, that doesn't make it meaningless.

There's more soul in Zelda's tutorial plateau than anything I've seen from Mass Effect so far. And that's a buuuuuuuuuummer. ME2 is one of my favourite games ever.

but you dont alwyas get new and better weapons. just because you like it doesn't mean its not tedious.

Top Bottom