• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

wolfhowwl

Banned
I knew something was off when they wanted to make the worst and most unpopular part of Mass Effect 1 such a focus of the new game. Only weirdos thought the Mako was fun!

Catvoca

Banned
My figurative Pre-order is cancelled. Was gonna get it day one but after this, nah. I should be the easiest motherfucker to please, I loved ME3, I liked Inquisition well enough, but this just looks terrible. I'm gutted.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
so the combat is meaningless

It's more like I usually get by with the weapons standard enemies drop.

Also there are so many of those fucking combat shrines (which are actually the real filler of botw) that I keep having a stock of ancient weapons to use.

Real Hero

I knew something was off when they wanted to make the worst and most unpopular part of Mass Effect 1 such a focus of the new game. Only weirdos thought the Mako was fun!
At least before with the windswept barren planets and grainy visuals it had a great Sci fi vibe

Lingitiz

The combat's fun when you want to play around with how the different systems interact. However, the scale of the world and the frequency of near identical encounters along with the lack of reward (I just beat a camp to get 10 arrows from a chest, woo!) makes 99% of the enemies in the game no worth engaging.

I disagree. While I think there could be more enemy variety, I don't think the encounters really play out the same and I do generally feel that I come out of a lot of them with better gear or some kind of reward. I've never found myself wanting to reload because I fought.

It's fun, and that's all that matters. No bars needed. I understand if you have to have that stuff, we've all been conditioned that way with every game since Skyrim.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
This one enemy dumped a whole magazine into Brad and it barely hurt him. Not sure yet if I like this aspect lol

The jump animation

q8YcDqL.gif

They wasted so much potential by just dumping familiar alien races into this whole new galaxy. It's stupid.

The whole new galaxy is stupid to begin with, it's just something the shitshow of ME3 forced them into. But they probably felt compelled to keep the old races to keep it Mass Effect.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I kind of wish games explored intelligent alien races that aren't just humans who look different.

My favourite alien race ever described were the hoolovoo, who are a super-intelligent shade of blue.

Top Bottom