• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

I feel like half the games you listed will be delayed until next year.

Yeah most likely, you never know nowadays :/

Also makes me think which is the next sony franchise to get the gritty father+child reboot.

Holding out for jak & dexter.

I'm personally hoping for that gritty Ape Escape Reboot. Spike grows up bitter and angry from the monkeys taking over the world and he teaches his son how to hunt them down with his iconic net. Ape Escape charm mixed in with Planet of the apes grittiness mixed with the Last of Us emotional grit.

Splatoon & mario is confirmed this year right?

Not really interested in mario though.

Splatoon is Summer and Mario is Holiday. Also WHATTTTTTT!!!!

aCkn6ER.gif

The East Coast Meme Dream!

Wii U ports would certainly be a quick way to pad the Switch lineup. Least of all a Mario Maker port, if not a full Mario Maker 2.

Hypothetical announcement like Retro's new game I see them saving for 2018.

I imagine we'll hear more about Sea of Thieves and Crackdown from Microsoft at least. A new Forza is a given. Driving games are the best way to show off the power of new hardware.

I am eager to learn more about Crackdown. Last time they showed it, I wasn't too keen on the direction they were going. That was quite some time ago and we'll see how it's developed since.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Look, mario is as old as they come and we've established that old games are bad.

Ipso facto.

Though seriously I feel like I just missed the boat on mario. Never owned a nintendo home console and the portable ones never grabbed me.

Yeah it'd be nice to see them finally confirm the Smash Bros and Pokemon ports.
For me I would want Hyrule Warriors (I know) and maybe like... Wind Waker/Twilight Princess HD HD.
Nah, I get that a lot of people will be excited for mario, it's just that I've never liked a mario game.
I totally hear ya. I've never been a Mario guy, I don't think I've ever beaten one ever. I've dabbled with some Mario Galaxy on Dolphin in the past few months and I think I could really get into a new Mario. Maybe.

tuxfool

Banned
Look, mario is as old as they come and we've established that old games are bad.

Ipso facto.

Though seriously I feel like I just missed the boat on mario. Never owned a nintendo home console and the portable ones never grabbed me.

I'm with you (on anything post SNES).

Mario is trash.

LiK

Ipso facto.

Never owned a Nintendo console? *mindblown*

I'm with you (on anything post SNES).

Mario is trash.

Paper Mario and the sequel are excellent and of course there are the Mario & Luigi games.

robotrock

Banned
I hope Mario Odyssey is as amazing as it looks and it convinces you haters to give the rest of the series another shot.

For me I would want Hyrule Warriors (I know) and maybe like... Wind Waker/Twilight Princess HD HD.

I would love for all the Zeldas to get ported to Switch, including the OoT and MM 3DS remakes so we actually have solid 30fps running versions of those for home.

But also after BOTW I kind of don't think I ever want to play a traditional 3D Zelda game again. Not sure yet. I need some time.

I guess the reasonable thing for me to do is wait for ME to go on sale to experience the train wreck and buy Nier instead.

I was playing the 10 hour trial of ME and it didn't give me the so bad it's good vibe. It actually plays well in the action parts but the encounters and exploration in that tutorial area was just not interesting. Not something to judge the rest of the game on but the scanning already turned me off. I just didn't want to keep going any further after about an hour.

Fine, I'll play your weird anime game.

I would love for all the Zeldas to get ported to Switch, including the OoT and MM 3DS remakes so we actually have solid 30fps running versions of those for home.

But also after BOTW I kind of don't think I ever want to play a traditional 3D Zelda game again. Not sure yet. I need some time.

I agree that I wouldn't want to play a more traditional 3D Zelda going forward, but I will always love to play the old ones. Porting the 3DS games to Switch would be awesome, even while losing some of the key second-screen improvements.

tbh, as much as I'm loving BOTW, it's making me want to get around to Twilight Princess HD. I kinda miss traditional dungeons and bosses.

LiK

If Nintendo was smart, they should quickly port as many games over as possible so there's no real drought. But Nintendo is never that smart.

Finally did a few dungeons in Zelda. Holy shit they're awesome.

Post-dungeon spoilers
The cinematics after you complete one where the divine beast comes to your side and moves into position is so fucking awesome. They're such bad ass designs.

This is the only 3D Zelda i've ever enjoyed, and goddamn it's good.

TraBuch

Banned
TMS is fine and all, but what we need is a Devil Summoner 3. Or maybe a Digital Devil Saga 3. Or maybe even a Devil Survivor 3.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
What we really need is Persona Q 2.

Actually speaking of etrian odyssey, in a weird way zelda reassured me that the EO formula can work on the switch.

Hindl

TMS is fine and all, but what we need is a Devil Summoner 3. Or maybe a Digital Devil Saga 3. Or maybe even a Devil Survivor 3.

That Shin Megami Tensei project didn't have a V attached. It's just Shin Megami Tensei: Brand New Title.

Persona 5 on Switch please

Random story.

In GameStop today to kill time before my bus. This shiftty looking dude came up to me with 2 copies of COD AW on PS3 and want to sell me a copy for €10 and did it in the fashion you do when you are trying to sell someone drugs. Like "hey man. Wanna buy some Call of Duties" It was weird.

Looks like Will Smith went to the Gary Witta school of Twitter

https://twitter.com/willsmith/status/842582355864772610

FooShow not bringing in the money huh?

Top Bottom