• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Xater

Maybe the game is just good tho

I have no doubts that it's good, but come on now. Talk like that is just bonkers. Even as a dumb teenager I never said stuff like this and there sure as hell were some influential titles released back then.

GameXplain's analysis stuff is interesting, but that's some "the problem with Gears of War is that it's TOO GOOD" level criticism there.

It's not like other previews haven't raved about the game, but there's a certain fanboyish hyperbole to stuff like that which is kinda laughable.

Ashby

better than sex

I've been having some pretty mediocre sex lately. It could be better than that!

GameXplain's analysis stuff is interesting, but that's some "the problem with Gears of War is that it's TOO GOOD" level criticism there.

It's not like other previews haven't raved about the game, but there's a certain fanboyish hyperbole to stuff like that which is kinda laughable.
Those guys know what they are. I could be wrong but I've never seen them claim to be anything loftier than a Nintendo enthusiast channel.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_olw3ta6poC1t34v14o1_540.jpg

Hindl

^ jesus, it's like they worship it.

They're Nintendo fanboys. Zelda has been getting glowing praise from nearly everywhere, so of course a Nintendo enthusiast channel would think its the greatest ever. I really only visit their channel for exclusive videos and gameplay they get. They're good people, but have a huge Nintendo slant so just take everything they say with a nice mound of salt

^ lol

Hindl

This year is fucking ridiculous. I'll bet the Top 5 from this year, no matter the order, will beat any other top 5 they've put together

daveo42

Banned
Guys. This year's GOTY deliberations will be Zelda vs. RDR2 vs. Horizon. No matter who wins, some fan base will enter meltdown mode. It's going to be great.

It'll be the Persona 5 crowd for not making the top 10 and the RDR2 crowd for the game missing a 2017 release date.

I'm most anxious to hear what Brad has to say about Breath of the Wild, and I'm not sure we're ever going to anything more than a few words. I kind of wish he were reviewing the game, if only because he's always seemed on the fence about it.

It's probably going to be a Dan review and QL, though.

Hindl

Yeah, I really wanna hear Brad and Jeff's views of BotW. Jeff is always fair and critical, and Brad's been lukewarm on BotW and Nintendo in general recently. So if it impresses him that means a lot more than Gamexplain saying it's one of the greatest games ever

Oh maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Shame there's no new Halo or something coming out. That would mean more salt potential.

Eh, I feel like the Halo brand has really collapsed. I'm sure there are still passionate fans out there, but there was a time where I considered Halo one of the premier franchises in gaming. With Halo 5 it seemed like it came and went, people liked it, but people weren't blown away. Was there even a blowup with it not making the top 10 in 2015?

Vinny defending Witcher 3

<3

Once I came around on Witcher 3 I actually really liked the combat of that game. I thought the button pressing action of it was maybe a little simple, but all the other mechanics I thought really made up for it. I could see how it comes off as clunky pretty early though.

ev0

Brad gonna filibuster Destiny 2 over all the games. The salt.

Someone in that "improved" Switch launch thread was defending it by saying Zelda was "the best previewed" game of the year. What kind of metric is that even? What does that even mean? Do we need to have Metacritic for previews now?

Guys. This year's GOTY deliberations will be Zelda vs. RDR2 vs. Horizon. No matter who wins, some fan base will enter meltdown mode. It's going to be great.

If RDR2 was coming out this year there almost certainly would have been another trailer by now.

Oh maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Shame there's no new Halo or something coming out. That would mean more salt potential.

Destiny 2 is this year that works sort of.

Guys I heard that once you play Breath of the Wild you'll never be able to enjoy any other game ever again.

No joke I was struggling to find motivation to play stuff after finishing Wichter 3.

Xater

Brad gonna filibuster Destiny 2 over all the games. The salt.

Someone in that "improved" Switch launch thread was defending it by saying Zelda was "the best previewed" game of the year. What kind of metric is that even? What does that even mean? Do we need to have Metacritic for previews now?

Also if one game is really good, it doesn't save the launch. Halo was also really fucking good and the Xbox launch was still crap.

I swear there were times where I couldn't tell whether the BeastCast was talking about Horizon or Zelda. They sound the same in a lot of ways. I don't think I can take two Skyrim-style games in a week.

robotrock

Banned
If RDR2 was coming out this year there almost certainly would have been another trailer by now.

Nah. Rockstar can easily Fallout 4 that if they wanted to.
I swear there were times where I couldn't tell whether the BeastCast was talking about Horizon or Zelda. They sound the same in a lot of ways. I don't think I can take two Skyrim-style games in a week.

Ah when did we start calling these games skyrim-style

Look at this list of games that dropped or are going to this year...

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
Yakuza 0
Nioh
For Honor
Halo Wars 2
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Night in the Woods
Horizon Zero Dawn
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Snipperclips
Nier: Automata
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands
Mass Effect: Andromeda
Strafe
PaRappa the Rapper Remastered
Persona 5
Yooka-Laylee
The Silver Case(PS4)
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Prey
Injustice 2
Tekken 7
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
Dirt 4

Yakuza 0
Nioh
For Honor
Halo Wars 2
Night in the Woods
Horizon Zero Dawn
Snipperclips
Strafe
Persona 5
Yooka-Laylee
The Silver Case(PS4)
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Prey
Injustice 2
Tekken 7

The irony is that Jeff will go all in for Super Mario Odyssey.

Hindl

Also if one game is really good, it doesn't save the launch. Halo was also really fucking good and the Xbox launch was still crap.

Super Mario 64 is one of the best games ever. N64 lineup is still crap

They aren't Skyrim style. They're Far Cry style

Yakuza 0
Nioh
For Honor
Halo Wars 2
Night in the Woods
Horizon Zero Dawn
Snipperclips
Strafe
Persona 5
Yooka-Laylee
The Silver Case(PS4)
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Prey
Injustice 2
Tekken 7
Dirt 4

You (and I) forgot fucking Super Mario Odyssey is also supposedly hitting this year. Ridiculous

Catvoca

Banned
There's a new Danganronpa game as well if you're into that. There's some very, eh, passionate fans of those games
who will defend the complete trash that was DR3 and Ultimate Despair Girls.

Hindl

I mean, we don't have an exact date, just 2017 which is why I didn't put it on the list. The rest have fixed dates though(so far).

Yeah that's fair. I'd be slightly surprised if it hit, but aside from Captain Toad they haven't released anything since SM3DW, and that went from reveal to release in 5 months. So I'm pretty confident it'll hit

All the games coming out in the next few weeks are going to take me half a year to get through.

I still haven't finished Yakuza 0 and not even half way best that I can tell. I'd like to play through Nioh and Horizon, but thats not happening before Zelda. Then there's Mass Effect and Persona. I might get to all those those game by August.

Oh and I got an email saying Hollow Knight just came out. I really liked the Humble bundle demo and I wanted to buy and play it at launch, but that just seems unreasonable at this point.

Top Bottom