• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Just saw the new Film & 40s was posted! Fast and the Furious seems like a pretty dumb movie to watch. I guess I know what I'm doing this weekend.

there is no way mario doesn't come out this year

I hope so. I'm hungry for a new 3D mario game on a console.

bigger94k0k.gif

oti

Banned
If Mario gets delayed the Switch lineup is so barren. I imagine they have to get it out this year.

No way it's getting delayed. I'd bet money Mario Odyssey is basically 100% done and they're just sitting on the game for that holiday release. Wouldn't be the first time Nintendo has done that.

Oh boy that CRT filter on windjammers. Do people actually enjoy that? For me it's like the pal 50hz thing, I have no nostalgia for those shitty slow ports. And I have no nostalgia for shitty composite filters

Fake edit as I'm typing this lol brad "are you able to change the filters on the fly?"

Hindl

If Mario gets delayed the Switch lineup is so barren. I imagine they have to get it out this year.

Ehh, I really hope it comes out, but by the end of the year the Switch will have a somewhat decent lineup. Zelda, Splatoon 2, an MK8 port, Xenoblade 2, and a smattering of third party stuff. Plus whatever they announce at E3. That's not mind-blowing, but it's pretty damn good for the first 9 months of a console, especially one with as little third party support as Nintendo has. If Mario makes it, I'd say it's shaping up to be a better year 1 than either the PS4 or XB1

Xater

Ehh, I really hope it comes out, but by the end of the year the Switch will have a somewhat decent lineup. Zelda, Splatoon 2, an MK8 port, Xenoblade 2, and a smattering of third party stuff. Plus whatever they announce at E3. That's not mind-blowing, but it's pretty damn good for the first 9 months of a console, especially one with as little third party support as Nintendo has. If Mario makes it, I'd say it's shaping up to be a better year 1 than either the PS4 or XB1

I still don't believe Xenoblade 2 will make it. My money is in that slipping into 2018.

Oh yeah I have the fast and furious blu rays. Already have my Bluetooth equipped radio beside the TV so fuck yeah tomorrow night let's do this.

Catvoca

Banned

I'm very, very skeptical of Xenoblade making this year with what they've shown so far. Without that and Mario it's Zelda, Splatoon and ports which is pretty damn weak for a console that doesn't get much 3rd party support. I fully expect Mario to hit this year though.

Edit: And as someone who never owned a Wii U those ports are going to be cool whenever I get a Switch.

Anxiously waiting for premium feed to update on Pocket Casts...

Don't even need to be watching the movies, I can recite them all word for word at this point. Except 4, fuck that piece of shit.

Ryckert maybe dropping spoilers on what Drew is going to do.

flying around the world?

That's what I've been thinking (based on Drew's hints that he's going to be independent and doing a lot of traveling), that he's going to be working on some kind of travelogue/documentary series, sort of like the North Korea and Iceland videos.

Hindl

I still don't believe Xenoblade 2 will make it. My money is in that slipping into 2018.

I'm very, very skeptical of Xenoblade making this year with what they've shown so far. Without that and Mario it's Zelda, Splatoon and ports which is pretty damn weak for a console that doesn't get much 3rd party support. I fully expect Mario to hit this year though.

Edit: And as someone who never owned a Wii U those ports are going to be cool whenever I get a Switch.

Yeah that's a good point, Xenoblade is more likely to slip than Mario. It's only been 2 years since Xenoblade X. OTOH, Monolith did a lot of helping out with BotW so maybe their engine has been ready for Switch for a while. Still, Zelda, Splatoon 2 and Mario is a pretty good first year. E3 needs to be huge for Nintendo though

TraBuch

Banned
Naughty Dog's gonna have a surprise E3 announcement that The Last of Us 2 is releasing Holiday 2017.

Greatest GOTY podcast of all time.

robotrock

Banned
it's pretty stupid how polygon calls their zelda preview a "pre-review"

what the fuck are they doing?

edit: wow it's not even just polygon. a few other blogs have done this

Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, Splatoon 2, Arms, Fire Emblem Warriors by this Christmas confirmed. That plus the few 3rd party games, anything they announce at E3, and MAYBEEE (big) Xenoblade 2. That's not a weak lineup of games for those grabbing a system this holiday imo.

What really interests me is what their 2018 looks like.

Anxiously waiting for premium feed to update on Pocket Casts...

Don't even need to be watching the movies, I can recite them all word for word at this point. Except 4, fuck that piece of shit.

3 > 1 > 5 > 6 > 7 > 2 > 4

I just hated that they turned into a superhero crew in 6 and 7. At least 5 retained the heist movie feel of 1.

Zornack

Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, Splatoon 2, Arms, Fire Emblem Warriors by this Christmas confirmed. That plus the few 3rd party games, anything they announce at E3, and MAYBEEE (big) Xenoblade 2. That's not a weak lineup of games for those grabbing a system this holiday imo.

What really interests me is what their 2018 looks like.

Mosu games don't count, Arms has yet to be proven. That leaves us with two Wii U ports plus Mario and Splatoon.

I think sites are framing this coverage differently because while the scope of the editorial content is limited, their time with the game hasn't been. Most of them have completed the game and are fully qualified to review it, but they can't yet. It's not really a preview since they have the full retail game.

It's silly, but I understand them wanting to differentiate it.

3 > 1 > 5 > 6 > 7 > 2 > 4

I just hated that they turned into a superhero crew in 6 and 7. At least 5 retained the heist movie feel of 1.

You're pretty close to mine. 1,5 and 3 are all pretty even for me. I like 2 a little more than others because I feel it does some stuff really well.

Nugg

It's because the NDA/embargo is stupid. They're not allowed to post a real review yet, but they're still giving impression on the final retail game, not some unfinished review code, so they're calling it some shit that won't trigger the ninjas at Nintendo

Mosu games don't count, Arms has yet to be proven. That leaves us with two Wii U ports plus Mario and Splatoon.

I think it's fair to count Musou games as many fans of FE will probably pick it up. It's okay if you're not into them tho, of course. I think ARMS looks great, and I have faith the team behind my favorite MK can deliver something fun/different with it, but you are right, we do need to see more. And I think the ports are sensible because so few bought a Wii U in the first place. Like I have a hard time imagining a kid (or anyone really) who never owned a Wii U getting the Switch this xmas and being disappointed at having 5-6 Nintendo first party games to play. but like i said, it's what 2018 has in store that worries me

idk i'm a weirdo and i'd buy a $300 console for mario alone and think it was worth it, so i'm totally in the minority

Zornack

i think it's fair to count musou games as many fans of FE will prob pick it up. it's okay if you're not into them though. i think ARMS looks great and I have faith the team behind my favorite mario kart can deliver something fun/different with it, but you're right, we need to see more. and i think the ports are sensible because so few bought a wii u. like i can't imagine a kid (or anyone really) who never owned a Wii U getting the Switch this xmas and being disappointed at having 5-6 nintendo first party games to play. but like i said, it's what 2018 has in store that worries me

idk i'm a weirdo and i'd buy a $300 console for mario alone and think it was worth it, so i'm totally in the minority

Hey I'm getting one too and I have a deep, irrational dislike of Nintendo so let's be weird together.

Man, I thought fast and the furious might be on netflix :(

*Remember that father gave me a dvd collection before I went off to college*
*Look though the pile of dvds and finds copies of fast and the furious 1, 2 and tokyo drift*

bigger94k0k.gif

Hindl

Naughty Dog's gonna have a surprise E3 announcement that The Last of Us 2 is releasing Holiday 2017.

Damn I'd be shocked if TLoU2 made it to 2017, UC4 was just last year. That would certainly be something though, and it would fit the big first party holiday game Sony doesn't have for 2017. I'd bet more that the new God of War will be holiday 2017

I think sites are framing this coverage differently because while the scope of the editorial content is limited, their time with the game hasn't been. Most of them have completed the game and are fully qualified to review it, but they can't yet. It's not really a preview since they have the full retail game.

It's silly, but I understand them wanting to differentiate it.

I don't think anyone has actually finished the game yet have they? Dan sounded like he was one of the furthest in and at 25 hours he's only done one dungeon. Most people have said they've put in about 20 hours

Volotaire

Near the beginning, you can hear me say "...and go into the hole in Zora's domain..."

So, I'm in it for like a second and a half.

Speaking of Zoras Domain and Danny, I was impressed by how he completed the last dungeon in one swift episode.

Looking back on it, Danny's understanding of the rules involving initiating the Ruto puzzle and Ruto's respawn could have taken a long time to grasp.

I don't think anyone has actually finished the game yet have they? Dan sounded like he was one of the furthest in and at 25 hours he's only done one dungeon. Most people have said they've put in about 20 hours
I think a couple of the previews I've watched indicated they finished the game. Certainly they haven't 100% the game, but
the design allows you to "beat" it, shall we say... very early?
Speaking of Zoras Domain and Danny, I was impressed by how he completed the last dungeon in one swift episode.

Looking back on it, Danny's understanding of the rules involving initiating the Ruto puzzle and Ruto's respawn could have taken a long time to grasp.

I haven't caught back up, but he certainly has started to understand the aged design of Ocarina. So many things that seem obvious to someone who played it back then, but the game really doesn't hold your hand as far as telling you what to do.

Ah, that's cool.

I thought so too! Nothing amazing, but I'm happy to have my little part.

daveo42

Banned
Well I know what I'm going this evening when I get home. I hope my roommate has a copy of the first film.

Same with RDR2, TLoU2 won't hit 2017. That said, this is still the best time to play video games.

Damn I'd be shocked if TLoU2 made it to 2017, UC4 was just last year. That would certainly be something though, and it would fit the big first party holiday game Sony doesn't have for 2017. I'd bet more that the new God of War will be holiday 2017

Nah Sony already has Destiny 2, Red Dead Redemption 2, Star wars Battlefront 2, Marvel vs. Capcom infinite, and Call of Duty to market this holiday season and whatever first party titles Xbox will have with the release of the Scorpio would be some competition marketing wise. Would probably be bad to put any of their huge first party titles around that time. They will let third party do the heavy lifting, bundle Horizon in their Slim and Pro and release smaller titles (wipeout, parappa the rapper,patapon) and call it a day. Will probably put god of war as their big spring title next year.

Bacon

I don't think anyone is allowed to say if they have finished it although I'm sure a bunch of people have already.

Top Bottom