• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Hindl

I think a couple of the previews I've watched indicated they finished the game. Certainly they haven't 100% the game, but
the design allows you to "beat" it, shall we say... very early?

I haven't caught back up, but he certainly has started to understand the aged design of Ocarina. So many things that seem obvious to someone who played it back then, but the game really doesn't hold your hand as far as telling you what to do.

I thought so too! Nothing amazing, but I'm happy to have my little part.

Oh yeah, I'm not sure that's a spoiler, Nintendo themselves said that at E3. But just in case anyone here is in blackout mode
yeah I think Schreier said it took him 5 hours to reach Hyrule Castle. It's a lot shorter than that, but that time involved avoiding enemies and sneaking through obstacles. But yeah I haven't read all previews, so it's possible some people beelined it

Oh yeah, I'm not sure that's a spoiler, Nintendo themselves said that at E3. But just in case anyone here is in blackout mode
yeah I think Schreier said it took him 5 hours to reach Hyrule Castle. It's a lot shorter than that, but that time involved avoiding enemies and sneaking through obstacles. But yeah I haven't read all previews, so it's possible some people beelined it

Ah, I didn't realize that info was out there. I'll bet most of them want to put a lot more time into the game before they formally review it, since the through line of all the previews is "there is so much stuff to do."

Hindl

Lol them pretending to only be talking about "the first five hours" of Zelda is silly. Nintendo is so weird.

Someone in another thread summed up my thoughts with Nintendo perfectly. It's so frustrating being a fan of theirs because half the time they deliver some of the absolute best gaming experiences I've ever had and they have a level of polish and quality that's top tier, but the other half of the time they are making such absolutely boneheaded decisions/designs and shooting themselves in the foot that you're almost baffled it's all the same company

oti

Banned
How crazy is it that a game developed by Guerrilla Games is even being mentioned in the same breath as a new Zelda game?

They come out in the same week, they are both open world games, both feature bow and arrow combat and both seem to be great games.

I'm so glad Guerilla got the freedom to do something new. Nobody needs another Killzone.

They come out in the same week, they are both open world games, both feature bow and arrow combat and both seem to be great games.

I'm so glad Guerilla got the freedom to do something new. Nobody needs another Killzone.

And you can fuck robots in both, I think. I may be speculating.

Horizon hasn't even cleared Skyward Sword on Metacritic

Whoa, that's crazy. It's interesting how aggregate review scores can differ so significantly from the general consensus years later. Even odder to hear reviewers disparage games that they'd given very high scores to (see: Jeff Gerstmann).

Catvoca

Banned
Whoa, that's crazy. It's interesting how aggregate review scores can differ so significantly from the general consensus years later. Even odder to hear reviewers disparage games that they'd given very high scores to (see: Jeff Gerstmann).

The crazy thing is how people get mad at outlier scores and then later complain that critics overrated a game 🤔

robotrock

Banned

Some of that stuff makes sense because of the way Gamespot assigned scores. I think Jeff once mentioned that he never actually thought Majora's Mask was an 8.3/10 game

Hindl

To be fair, Skyward Sword is crazy overrated on metacritic. It's a 93. I really like SS, but I don't think it should be that high. It has some serious highs (dungeons, music, story moments), but it has a lot of flaws too. I remember a lot of articles when it came out putting it right next to Ocarina and LTTP. So it's why these previews are exciting but I am still trying to temper expectations

Top Bottom