• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Justin

Are the Film and 40s podcasts entertaining if you are not watching the movie? None of the movies are streaming and I don't really want to rent/buy them.

Tubobutts

Bakalar is younger than Alex? I kept thinking he's 40....oops
Could a 40 year old do this?

tumblr_ob55vrZmUF1u5eu8ao1_r1_400.gif

i'll be honest: i've never felt much for mario either.

i appreciate their craft from a distance, but i don't particularly like playing them

Same for me as well. I think i might have posted it in the "controversial options" thread in this forum.

I was more of a 2d Mario fan as 3d Mario has done nothing for me.

That mario on switch looks intriguing though but we'll see if i keep the interest.

Are the Film and 40s podcasts entertaining if you are not watching the movie? None of the movies are streaming and I don't really want to rent/buy them.

I thought the first three were up on Netflix, maybe that ended in the last month or two.

They are perfectly fine and really enjoyable without watching. Though I've seen the movies like 50 times each so I may be a bit of an edge case.

I am still not entirely sure what the fuck 40s are. Are they just shit beers with a higher alcohol content?

I'm not even sure such a thing exists here in Germany. I mean we have beer with higher alcohol content, but the one I have tried are usually of higher quality.

a 40 is a 40 oz container of Malt Liquor (1.18 litres)

They're cheap and shitty.

according to wiki,

Another example of an imported beer labeled as "malt liquor" is German brewer Spaten's Optimator, a doppelbock that weighs in at 7.6 ABV.

Justin

I thought the first three were up on Netflix, maybe that ended in the last month or two.

They are perfectly fine and really enjoyable without watching. Though I've seen the movies like 50 times each so I may be a bit of an edge case.

No they haven't been up since the podcasts started releasing.

Mr. F

Banned
Paw patrol is pretty lame.

Best kid shows: phineas and ferb, story bots.

I've been trying to introduce my baby cousins to a better class of tv show (aka anything that's not Paw Patrol) but they won't have it. Storybots was a non starter, which is a shame because it's pretty rad/charming.

Gurrry

Random question, but do the characters in puyopuyo have abilities too? Or is it just cosmetic? I downloaded the demo on switch but couldnt tell the difference between the characters.

repeater

Random question, but do the characters in puyopuyo have abilities too? Or is it just cosmetic? I downloaded the demo on switch but couldnt tell the difference between the characters.
Oh yeah, the fish has the special power
of STILL BEING UNDEFEATED

Ketch

I've been trying to introduce my baby cousins to a better class of tv show (aka anything that's not Paw Patrol) but they won't have it. Storybots was a non starter, which is a shame because it's pretty rad/charming.

Kids that don't like storybots? Damn, that's rough.

Phineas and ferb skews a bit older.

Little einsteins is alright for younger kids, maybe some classics like Thomas the train? Other suggestions Word world (kinda shitty), Word Girl is great but is aimed a bit older, Super Why (also kind of shitty), Wild kratz is a good one.

Uhh I don't know.
Good luck dude. Pretty sure Bad kids tv is one of the 9 circles of hell.

Edit: also, I just need to restate that phineas and ferb is really really good. Like one of the best written shows on TV full stop.

Edit2: actually I have way more suggestions. Go old school on them with shows like duck tails, rescue rangers, carmen San Diego, tmnt, gi Joe, heman. I've gotten dvds of the old shows for my kids and even if some of them are crap (gi joe and Herman especially) my nostalgia keeps me from hating them.

I just realized the call-in UPFs are on the premium podcast feed.

This should be a regular thing for sure.

I hope not. I think the call in shows are the worst thing on the site. There is a reason I don't listen to crappy morning radio and I don't know why Jeff is so obsessed with call in stuff

kiyomi

One more hot take: Bethesda Game Studios hasn't made a good game since Morrowind

Here's my hot take: Fallout 4 is the best game of theirs I've played, and I think if reviewers went back and played vanilla Skyrim today, they'd see just how awful it is.

Hindl

Here's my hot take: Fallout 4 is the best game of theirs I've played, and I think if reviewers went back and played vanilla Skyrim today, they'd see just how awful it is.

I'd agree, I've gotten further in Fallout 4 than any of their other games. That doesn't mean it's good, but compared to the rest I'd say yes

Top Bottom