• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

I've watched a 30 minute Drakengard to Nier lore video and I have no idea what's going on.

I watched a 4 hour and 20 minute cut of all the cut scenes and dialogue get on my level

I mean you could watch a lore summary but what's the point, it's just trivia. Game's actually got decent dialogue and great music so it was an alright watch.

I've watched a 30 minute Drakengard to Nier lore video and I have no idea what's going on.

It's very simple.

Man makes soul-binding contract with and possibly fucks dragon. In an effort to avert apocalypse, they transport death incarnate to tokyo and beat it in rhythm combat, causing it to disintegrate into infectious material. The two are then shot down by the japanese air force and get impaled on tokyo tower.

Nier begins. Something something souls. Get really sad.

I suggest Clemps for your fucked up Nier overview needs.

ParchedPlainBagworm.gif

been bed-ridden sick this weekend and i've played too much zelda, can someone recommend an entertaining video premium or not (tho the player seems to not work on my end so premium may end up being a no go)

been bed-ridden sick this weekend and i've played too much zelda, can someone recommend an entertaining video premium or not (tho the player seems to not work on my end so premium may end up being a no go)
If you want something longer that's on youtube you really can't go wrong with the Euro Truck Sim 2 QL.

Problem about eventide island is that flurry is just way too OP.

I mean.

If you're good at games like me.

You can also cheese the fuck out of it and drop all your equipment on the boat before stepping on the island, then pick it all up again once that cutscene is over.

Dan really overblew how "cool" that island was anyway.

You can also cheese the fuck out of it and drop all your equipment on the boat before stepping on the island, then pick it all up again once that cutscene is over.

ya maybe if you looked up things about it beforehand, can't imagine thinking of that 'trick' before the trial begins. even then why would you do that it takes all the fun away

it's an amazing moment in the game and v cool change of pace

I just started Horizon earlier today and it's fantastic so far. This get's thrown around a lot with story-based games, but while I was playing, I kept thinking to myself that this game (an open world one, no less!) would translate well as a movie.

Milijango

I got it for AUD $50 at GMG VIP prices

Really? Man, I thought it was 50USD (which is still pretty cheap) so that's nuts for a new release here.

Watching my sister play Horizon on a regular PS4. Maybe it's because I'm playing NieR, but it's crazy how good that looks. Time of day changes look bad, though.

ya maybe if you looked up things about it beforehand, can't imagine thinking of that 'trick' before the trial begins. even then why would you do that it takes all the fun away

it's an amazing moment in the game and v cool change of pace

I think intentionally taking away your shit with zero warning is really annoying and not fun because half the fun of these games is getting bigger and better gear. The numbers go up, not down.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

I mean, that being a solution is also fucking cool. It still plays up the sandbox nature of the game, and eventide island exemplifies that.

Jintor

ah the numbers go down but your skill as a player goes up.

theoretically

i mean i've restarted bayo like 2 or 3 times from nothing after having everything for various reasons and while not having all my gear sucks ass (particularly given how obnoxious bayo is about unlocking gear), I can still play way better than I can when i started

I think intentionally taking away your shit with zero warning is really annoying and not fun because half the fun of these games is getting bigger and better gear. The numbers go up, not down.

botw doesn't really have numbers, at least not in the sense that other open world/rpg games do. it's an optional sidequest (that can be exited at any time) that uniquely challenges the player and their knowledge of the game's base mechanics. it's essentially a false restart of the game, a new game plus for 60 minutes. i guess i could see why some would find it annoying, but i was completely into it. beating that island from scratch is much more rewarding to me than the faux win of numbers predictably going up

Joeku

Just beat Breath of the Wild. Put me down for somewhere between Dan Ryckert's and Jim Sterling's reviews; game is really goddamn good, but oh boy are there some big things that bring it down.

What the fuck does "Breath of the Wild" even mean?

I'm too sober for this UPF.

Tubobutts

Just beat Breath of the Wild. Put me down for somewhere between Dan Ryckert's and Jim Sterling's reviews; game is really goddamn good, but oh boy are there some big things that bring it down.

What the fuck does "Breath of the Wild" even mean?

I'm too sober for this UPF.
So like an 8.8?

Alfredo

So I totally dropped my Switch (while it was in a case) and now my left Joycon seems to have the same problem with Giant Bomb's Switch of it becoming unlatched easily.

That's annoying, lol. I guess I have an excuse to finally buy some Blue Joycons, though!

Top Bottom