• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Salarians

There's a real genuine, earnest quality to NITW, and it hits close to home for me, personally. I liked it a heck of a lot more than I thought I would. But I can see how the "quirkiness" (or whatever you want to call it) of the game could be off putting.

Meneses

Please Stop 2017 candidates:

1) "quirky-emo-millenial-teen/young adult woes" and "let's outwit each other with every line of dialogue" games

2) indie top down twin-stick shooters

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
We actually need more quirky-emo-millenial-teen/young adult woes games. We had two decades of serious power fantasy. Let the quirk free.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
There's a real genuine, earnest quality to NITW, and it hits close to home for me, personally. I liked it a heck of a lot more than I thought I would. But I can see how the "quirkiness" (or whatever you want to call it) of the game could be off putting.
Yeah I haven't played it yet but from what I saw of that QL (and realizing I followed the dev on Twitter for like a year without knowing) it definitely...Comes from a particular corner of Twitter that I can enjoy but that I can absolutely see driving plenty of people bonkers. On a Waypoint Podcast Patrick made a point about it sounding like text message conversations, and that's almost right. What it really sounds like is a particular 15% of my Twitter feed talking to each other

kiguel182

Yeah, let's just make power fantasy games. That's a great way to explore an art medium...

How about everyone makes whatever they want and you play what you like?

Meneses

The Last of Us 2.

Ellie - "Everyone has moved on. What is, like, even the point of it all? Most of the time I feel numb to the world around me. Like nobody really gets me. At least I have my macramé club to keep me sane."

*smashes enemy's head with a brick*

Joel - "Same".

"Please stop making games I don't like" is not a very good candidate for the category.

Previous winners: Real Money Card Packs, Shipping Unfinished Games, Shipping Broke-Ass Games, Games That Require Post-Launch Apologies, DLC That Should Be in the Main Game.

Same here. Some of the conversations between the protagonist and her mother we're so well done in their awkwardness and realism.

I'm getting Andromeda solely for the multiplayer. The gifs and reports of jank have made me giddy to play the campaign in a way the game wouldn't have otherwise.

kinda where I'm at

like, I'm very curious as to just how bad it might be, but also, DA2 was bad and I still kinda liked it, so maybe I'll enjoy ME:A despite its issues too?

idk

The combat and the loot system around it looks interesting to me. But what really is drawing me in is the bad writing and janky animations. I feel I can enjoy this game, that itll give me constant schaudenfraude.

The secret about Mass Effect is that it was always terrible in some respects, there was just enough good stuff that we sort of ignored the enormous gaping flaws with each one of the games

But this was their chance to take a clean slate and not repeat the same mistakes of the past.

We paid a dark price, but we're finally in the timeline where people realize that Mass Effect is shit and Nier is good.

Wunder

The combat and the loot system around it looks interesting to me. But what really is drawing me in is the bad writing and janky animations. I feel I can enjoy this game, that itll give me constant schaudenfraude.

Same. As long as the combat/skill system is interesting I'm fine to sit back and laugh at the story if it continues to be bad. I'm not invested enough in the Mass Effect "universe" to really care that they put out a bad plot or whatever.

kiguel182

The sound mixing in this first fast and furious is terrible. The dialogue is like super quiet and then the action sound is loud as hell. It's terrible and makes listening to the films and 40's an exercise in messing with the volume

Meneses

The sound mixing in this first fast and furious is terrible. The dialogue is like super quiet and then the action sound is loud as hell. It's terrible and makes listening to the films and 40's an exercise in messing with the volume

Yeah, it's annoying.

But since i've watched most of the movies before, I just turned the movie volume down to a whisper and focused on listening to the podcast.

7RAVsTC.png
Cool guys.

Top Bottom