• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Catvoca

Banned
kinda where I'm at

like, I'm very curious as to just how bad it might be, but also, DA2 was bad and I still kinda liked it, so maybe I'll enjoy ME:A despite its issues too?

idk

Yeah, I feel the same way. I'm going to wait for a sale before picking it up though.

kiguel182

Yeah, it's annoying.

But since i've watched most of the movies before, I just turned the movie volume down to a whisper and focused on listening to the podcast.

I never watched the first 4 movies but I have subtitles so it's okay. Still, it's baffling how bad this is.

Also, this movie isn't great. The cheesiness seems less intentional than the later ones.

The action scenes aren't as big as the later ones so it's kinda meh.

Zaph

The sound mixing in this first fast and furious is terrible. The dialogue is like super quiet and then the action sound is loud as hell. It's terrible and makes listening to the films and 40's an exercise in messing with the volume
Tokyo Drift is the worst offender, car and music levels all over the place. It gets better with Fast 5 onwards because they're produced like 'real' summer blockbusters.

VLC's compressor helps a lot if you're watching them on a computer.

Megasoum

Banned
Thanks Alex

e1b02d40de1ecee106d3f0a1ce2b5641.jpg

Nerokis

The night in the woods quick look made me want to kill myself slightly more than usual so that's accurate.

Kill me

Night in the woods is a game I dont even want to look at

Atleast I managed to be able to watch a playthrough of undertale

Every game should be about wandering off into a forest to kill yourself.

Is that the story of night in the woods

You lead your cat to a forest and she kills herself with hairballs

why am I suddenly imagining that this whole Giant Bomb thing is going to end with a mass suicide

thanks, NitW

Bacon

So does American beer taste like water or what. Not a drinker myself, but beer in Germany is, well, beer.

There is shit American beer just like there is shit German beer. Most beers that are made for made for mass consumption are terrible and taste like flavored water. The American craft scene is probably the biggest of any country though and a lot of that stuff is great.

Curufinwe

You can get 11/12 Disc Jam trophies in an hour if you have an extra controller. But never having jammed before today, I don't think I'll be able to win 50 online matches in a reasonable time.

I've been drinking Milwaukee Best Ice 40oz and damn, those are rough if you don't drink them fast enough. That said, they get me good and drunk, so I don't mind.

Heh heh.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I forgot Beast in the East is a thing.
I'm on episode 4 right now. I also haven't watched any of the F&F things. I have some catching up to do.

So does American beer taste like water or what. Not a drinker myself, but beer in Germany is, well, beer.

There is a reason why the beer in the GTA games is called Pißwasser.
Cause "mainstream" american beer fucking suuuuuuuuucks

oti

Banned
I forgot Beast in the East is a thing.
I'm on episode 4 right now. I also haven't watched any of the F&F things. I have some catching up to do.

There is a reason why the beer in the GTA games is called Pißwasser.
Cause "mainstream" american beer fucking suuuuuuuuucks

Is American beer just like Kölsch?

Fantastapotamus

Is American beer just like Kölsch?

Never drank Kölsch but american beer* tastes like regular beer if you leave it standing around in the open for an hour or so

*again, talking about the "mainstream" stuff, no doubt there is craft beer that's much better

J_Viper

This might be considered blasphemy, but I traded in my copy of Yakuza 0 today. I'm just gonna watch GBeast play though it.

There's so much charm on display, and the narrative presentation is near perfect, but the actual gameplay is way too stiff and "PS2"-like. I just don't have the patience for that right now.

Forgive me, I have sinned

Meneses

This might be considered blasphemy, but I traded in my copy of Yakuza 0 today. I'm just gonna watch GBeast play though it.

There's so much charm on display, and the narrative presentation is near perfect, but the actual gameplay is way too stiff and "PS2"-like. I just don't have the patience for that right now.

That's fine.

I, on the other hand, have just put other new games on the backseat and decided to go back and start a new playthrough of Yakuza 0 on Legend difficulty.

The fighting is repetitive and onenote (well except for combo and styles) but whew lad, is that a fucking game with a story. I love Yakuza 0 and look forward to Kiwami. It's my top game so far this year but I haven't played Horizon and so far, I've only played Yakuza 0 and Ghost Recon; Wildlands.

Fantastapotamus

I still can't believe GBeast committed themselves to playing through all the Yakuza games

It's kinda crazy how GBEAST always ends up with features that run waaaaaaaaaaaay too long. I mean they probably won't launch into Yakuza 1 immediately after beating 0 but still. I'd rather see them play different games more frequently. I still think a feature where they just play a couple of games on Steam nobody ever heard of could be fun.

Top Bottom