• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Everything seems like its right out of that era of PSN of Noby Noby Boy / Linger in Shadows
/ random arty bullshit that they have gotten away from recently.

Its a real dumb thing.

derFeef

Jason has a weakness for anything that vaguely resembles monster hunter

You can't really get mad at him because there are like... 4 or 5 franchises that are like that. Fun, time consuming games. If I would have more time I would play those as well, but I can't really keep up with the other stuff...

faridmon

Listening to the Bombcast

Holy Shit does Andromeda sound awful or what? They basically straight out slayed it

Also, glad that Jeff was less hot headed and came in terms with The new Ghost Racon. Its a fun game for what it is, and his complaints earlier seemed very nitpicky.

trdgs1z.gif

The game is now downloading on my PS4.

Hearing that they trashed Andromeda makes me not want to listen to this episode. I am enjoying the game. I wish we didn't live in a world where, once the hate-train starts running, it's easier just to jump on than to give something a fair look.

I can see that the game's not perfect. Not even close. But it's fine. I mean it doesn't deserve the insane amount of laughs its getting.

BearPawB

Banned
Hearing that they trashed Andromeda makes me not want to listen to this episode. I am enjoying the game. I wish we didn't live in a world where, once the hate-train starts running, it's easier just to jump on than to give something a fair look.

I can see that the game's not perfect. Not even close. But it's fine. I mean it doesn't deserve the insane amount of laughs its getting.

I mean...they are playing the game. Not just reacting to .gifs.
I don't think you can say Brad isn't giving the game a fair shot

Zaph

i'm glad somebody is looking out for the little guy, EA

Mupod

Jason has a weakness for anything that vaguely resembles monster hunter

Leaping to conclusions on your out of context post, but I'm guessing he brought up Dauntless again?

I was super turned off on that by its look/artstyle but Gaijin Hunter sounds like he's into it which is enough of a recommendation for me to at least check it out. Best case scenario I get an MH-like game on PC that I can bug some friends to play. But yeah out of all the MH-wannabes out there, this one seems to be trying the hardest to mimic the actual gameplay. Shameless knockoffs like Hunter Blade notwithstanding, at least.

sometimes you ride the train, sometimes the train rides... you?

oti

Banned

lolwhat

mintyice

Brad's over 40 hours in. That seems pretty fair to me.

Hindl

Listen to their criticism before you just assume they're getting on the hate train?

derFeef

I don't even think it would be a fine game if it would not be Mass Effect. But it's fucking Mass Effect. Everything I see about this game is really bad, worst offender being the story.

hamchan

It's ok to be in the minority and accept it. Sometimes people actually don't like something you like after they gave it a fair look. See that reader mail about the guy who absolutely loved Mirror's Edge Catalyst (oops this was a reader mail on the waypoint podcast).

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Remember when I said Mass Effect looked like the most boring game in the world? After watching the Everything QL I take it back

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
So on the Bombcast, Brad mentioned that he had had a quest that was previously completed pop back up as the assigned quest. I could swear this happened in another game previously some months back that was talked about by the crew but I'm wrecking my brain trying to remember which, anyone remember?

It's ok to be in the minority and accept it. Sometimes people actually don't like something you like after they gave it a fair look.

Yup. I liked Rainbow Six: Siege & ME: Catalyst. Enjoyed both but I find Siege to be the better game, they're still adding and updating things to that game for free which is fantastic.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Hearing that Everything is made by the dude who made Mountain makes so much sense

So on the Bombcast, Brad mentioned that he had had a quest that was previously completed pop back up as the assigned quest. I could swear this happened in another game previously some months back that was talked about by the crew but I'm wrecking my brain trying to remember which, anyone remember?

Recore

Jesus this is embarassing. What is it with Andromeda fans being in denial? There are hundreds of valid reasons to criticise the game separate from the internet hate-train. It's a collossal disapointment, you can tell Brad, Jeff and Jason desperately wanted andromeda to be good but they botched the landing in almost every concievable way. I think Jeff is absolutely right, it's time to let Mass Effect die.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Anyone have timestamps on the Andromeda talk? I feel like skipping that stuff.

Always check the youtube version. Commenters do what Giant Bomb won't, actually include timestamps.
https://youtu.be/6bRfKrmuSd8

1:07 intro
6:25 japan travel talk

22:55 mass effect andromeda
54:37 ghost reckon wild lands
1:06:17 horizon zero dawn
1:10:42 zelda breath of the wild
1:23:24 resident evil 7
1:26:06 nier automata
1:27:09 nioh
1:29:41 nier automata pc version
1:31:33 tokiden 2
1:35:14 night in the woods
1:37:24 quake champions
1:40:25 everything
1:45:06 typeshift

1:48:58 news
1:49:18 nintendo had to double the production of switch
1:54:08 sony is killing off the ps3 in japan
1:58:08 disney announced the afternoon collection
2:01:00 primal rage 2 is playable through emulation

2:04:31 emails
2:04:47 is hdr important do get the most out of ps4?
2:09:17 why is PC not popular in japan?
2:13:41 why are there no space opera games other then mass effect?
2:18:20 is andromeda to the original mass effects is like torque to the fast and the furious?
2:18:58 how likely is it that nintendo switch will NOT get hardware revisions?
2:22:56 how does SNK manage their back catalog?
2:26:14 what's the reason for holding buttons in video games (instead of just pressing)?
2:28:10 whatever happened to tennis games?
2:29:59 what's your take on "right to repair"?
2:36:00 what power fantasy game makes you feel like you're not in the center of events?
2:39:24 is deep down the new vapor ware?
2:43:57 what's your speaker setups?
2:49:00 data east vs trade west
2:51:55 plugs

Top Bottom