• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

I wonder if Brad or Jeff are actually going to finish Zelda... They both played hours of other games after starting it, and neither of them seem to like to go back to a game once they've stopped.

Edit: I just finished Zelda and after several dozen hours in that game I can't stop hitting the B/O button on my Xbox/PS4. Nintindos dumb button layout has become second nature to me.

derFeef

I wonder if Brad or Jeff are actually going to finish Zelda... They both played hours of other games after starting it, and neither of them seem to like to go back to a game once they've stopped.

Brad revesits/comes back to games for sure. But yes, Jeff really does not go back to them once he has formed an opinion and not a strong urge to pull through it.

def sim

I thought I heard Jeff said he already wasn't, but I might have misheard. Brad is playing on the Wii U, so I'm guessing it'll go the way of Mario Galaxy if he can't play it on flights or in his commute.

Man was that game buggy. The first half is a good game but then it slowly dives down into average territory and ends abruptly.

I can't help but get the impression that the developers wanted to give Recore their all, but the funding wasn't there. It's not a good look for Microsoft, either way. What a waste.

I'm about 6 hours into Andromeda now, and I'm still enjoying it. I just did the colonization stuff on Eos, which Brad said he enjoyed. I thought it was a fun series of missions and it made me want to figure out what's going down on these planets.

I've seen a couple of glitches, mostly in transitions, but there was one section where Liam was running around the Nexus, but his character model never completed the animation, so it looked like he was doing some weird version of the running man. There was also one time when my character did that Vince McMahon walk, too.

Real Hero

GOTY will be great. The unholy union of Brad and Dan against Jeff's push for Horizon. Drew would have swung it for Zelda but with his removal Vinny and Alex are going to forced onto a side quickly and not just play nice, they will be the deciding factor. Jason will remain irrelevant.

daveo42

Banned
As long as Yakuza is top 3 I don't care who wins.

I could see it breaking the top 5, but top 3 is going to be hard with as many good games already out this year and it's only March. The only lock right now for top 3 is Zelda. I'd say most everything else is up in the air at this point and could land anywhere on the list.

Gotta wonder if any of them will play enough of Persona 5 to end up fighting for it when GOTY comes around.

If it's as long as some have been saying, it'll come in at 10 and no higher because no one will have finished it. Think similar to the defense of Witcher 3.

repeater

You know it's bad when even retailers have the knives out for Andromeda
vnozHUP.jpg

My dream scenario for GOTY right now is Jeff pushing Mario, Bard pushing Zelda, and Dan being forced to choose between the two

And then because they can't come to a consensus, they all decide on Shadow of Wardor because that's the one "everyone liked at least a little bit".

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure why people expect Jeff to go to bat for a 3D Mario!?

edit: Galaxy 2 wasn't even in his Top 10 when it came out.

Where does Destiny 2 fall into the Game of the Year talk? That game is likely coming out in September, so it'll be up and ready for discussion when GOTY talks roll around.

Let's go, Brad!

ev0

And then because they can't come to a consensus, they all decide on Shadow of Wardor because that's the one "everyone liked at least a little bit".

Wardor taking GOTY 2017 over all the amazing games this year is the perfect follow up to Mordor getting GOTYi in 2014 because nothing else was out

Book it!

Also, Brad needs to filibuster Destiny 2 in a #10 to push out Persona 5

daveo42

Banned
Mario will come out by November. If it comes in December, either press will get it early or it'll win Best Old Game the following year.

Where does Destiny 2 fall into the Game of the Year talk? That game is likely coming out in September, so it'll be up and ready for discussion when GOTY talks roll around.

Let's go, Brad!

Oh right. Destiny 2 is supposed to come out this year. Ugh...I don't want to think about Brad shilling for it regardless of whether or not it is actually a good game. I hear Destiny talk and I want to fall asleep.

Wardor taking GOTY 2017 over all the amazing games this year is the perfect follow up to Mordor getting GOTYi in 2014 because nothing else was out

Book it!

Also, Brad needs to filibuster Destiny 2 in a #10 to push out Persona 5

You're a terrible person.

oti

Banned

Let's go, Brad!

Really curious about that game. I don't think they can improve the shooting much, it's top-notch as is. The structure needs a big overhaul but wouldn't that be the best example of Brad's "it's just another XYZ"?

StoveOven

Banned
Jeff was pretty excited about that Odyssey trailer and New Donk City. He's also spoken fondly of both Mario 64 and the original Mario Galaxy.

Real Hero

For Jeff it won't be about getting what he wants, it will be about stopping the others getting what they want. For that he will be willing to champion Mario.

aonuma is releasing the zelda DLC right around november to remind GB what a great game it is

e: fuuuu just thinking about how many battles there will be this year during GOTY time. gonna be fun

Hindl

I want RDR2 to come out before GotY talks, that would make it interesting.

If it comes out this year it'll be out with plenty of time for GotY talks. They aren't going to push that out in December, it'll probably be an October release.

And if it's more of RDR, I'd love to hear everyone else gush about it while Jeff tries to kill it

Top Bottom