• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

StoveOven

Banned
anyone else have weird gaming dreams recently?

So I've been watching Giant Bomb for quite a while, I actually don't watch cable television, it's either Netflix, YouTube or Giant Bomb. I've actually gotten my girlfriend a bit addicted to it as well, she'll see that I'm watching whatever new Quick Look or Unprofessional Fridays and sit down with me, she's gotten more familiar with everyone over time.

A few days ago though she dropped a bomb on me. She mentioned to me that Drew is a handsome man, I agreed, then she said that she had a dream that she slept with him. In that dream she told me what happened and my reply in her dream? Awesome! My reply in real life to her telling me? Awesome! (She asked me if I was going to post about it as well...)

Joking aside, I hope Drew's Patreon works out and can't wait for that content, his travel videos were the best!

daveo42

Banned
I don't fucking even know, anyone else have weird gaming dreams recently?

The only weird gaming dreams I've had were around playing so much of a single game that I couldn't tell dream from reality. Like dreams where I would be playing the game and then wake up and wonder if I really had a dream fighting a boss or if that was just a dream. FFXI did a number on me in this regard.

jaina

you guys keep bringing up mario like it's a game that will come out before they even record GOTY....
If Odyssey does not release on November 17th I will listen to and review all BiSH albums.
And this should be before GOTY recording in the last week of November/ first week of December.

But I don't think that Mario has guaranteed support from anyone.

If Odyssey does not release on November 17th I will listen to and review all BiSH albums.
And this should be before GOTY recording in the last week of November/ first week of December.

But I don't think that Mario has guaranteed support from anyone.

8J7Jy2Z.gif

only this guy^^

Ashby

So I've been watching Giant Bomb for quite a while, I actually don't watch cable television, it's either Netflix, YouTube or Giant Bomb. I've actually gotten my girlfriend a bit addicted to it as well, she'll see that I'm watching whatever new Quick Look or Unprofessional Fridays and sit down with me, she's gotten more familiar with everyone over time.

A few days ago though she dropped a bomb on me. She mentioned to me that Drew is a handsome man, I agreed, then she said that she had a dream that she slept with him. In that dream she told me what happened and my reply in her dream? Awesome! My reply in real life to her telling me? Awesome! (She asked me if I was going to post about it as well...)

Joking aside, I hope Drew's Patreon works out and can't wait for that content, his travel videos were the best!
This is called "testing the waters"

Banned
I never venture into community. Had no idea there were so many GB fans on GAF.

Started listening January 2016. Been hooked ever since.

Subscribed.

Subscribed.

Welcome! I'm a recent subscriber myself, started Fall of 2015. Definitely an entertaining site and thread haha

Mr. F

Banned

Subscribed.

There's really only like 8 of us and mostly just complain a lot

Welcome

Banned
Hi,
Who is your Giant Bomb Dad?
Big Daddy Jeff.

But Brad's got that soothing voice.

#NoHomo
Welcome! I'm a recent subscriber myself, started Fall of 2015. Definitely an entertaining site and thread haha
Yeah I never listened to any podcast till last year. Best way to kill time at work.
There's really only like 8 of us and mostly just complain a lot

Welcome
So like the Giantbomb cast?

Strax

Aren't these the same people who didn't pick Super Mario 3D World in their top 10 GOTY lol.

Well, it was designed for four people playing together and had a lot of New Super Mario Bros. look to it so I'm not shocked it didn't grap the GB crew.

Nasbin

I typically hate audio logs in games but I really liked them in Horizon. They were well-written for one, and they were mostly confined to specific areas where the whole point of those sections is to listen to exposition dumps. This is a much better implementation than your typical Bioshock game where audio logs are evenly distributed throughout the world and you just end up ignoring all of them because they conflict with the game's pacing of non-stop combat scenarios.

daveo42

Banned
Welcome 10k. Enjoy as we talk endlessly about #content, how Jeff Gerstmann is still a threat, and that Brad is finally leaving Giant Bomb.

His dad wanted him to, I don't think he ever did it. Expect to hear about his child sometime in 2019.

The world doesn't need another Dan running around. One is already too many.

Welcome 10k. Enjoy as we talk endlessly about #content, how Jeff Gerstmann is still a threat, and that Brad is finally leaving Giant Bomb.

The world doesn't need another Dan running around. One is already too many.

It's Dan, his child will end up being a nobel prize winner.

Has anyone used GiantBomb phrasing in their daily lives?

I've noticed that I've been incorporating a lot of GiantBomb lingo in my conversations, especially with my coworkers. For example:

"Bamboo steaming baskets. Those things are surprisingly versatile."
"Mark Dacascos. That guy knows capoeira."
"It adheres to the letter of the law, but not the spirit of the law."
"Hundreds if thousands."
"It's going to take a lot of planning... to accommodate that next delay."
"That's some Zamfir type shit"

I guess you can say the GB has had a (mostly) positive direct impact on my life.

Top Bottom