• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Without spoiling anything, it gets better.

I'm still going to come out and say that I think the story is maybe somewhat below Nier, but I will also say that it wasn't until after I finished Route A and started getting into the additional endings/post-game content that I thought it really started firing on all cylinders.

so I guess take solace in the fact that the bombshells don't start dropping until late in the game, but once they do, whew

Megasoum

Banned
Honestly I don't give a shit about the Giant Rom games, but that answer reads as very petulant.

Yeah same

Also Andromeda just locked up on me again... Time to refund and play ME1 instead!

Also I might buy Nier... or P5 with that refund money? Both those games look interesting but neither of them are really my style of game so I dunno...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
"I feel bad for them because what do you do after 3?"
???
Like you have a massive unexplored sci-fi universe with already established lore and a new iteration on it that's not a direct sequel. There was a hundred ways they could have taken a new Mass Effect entry that would have been interesting and different while still being safe sales-wise because it would be attached to Mass Effect

But games are hard

robotrock

Banned
Yeah same

Also Andromeda just locked up on me again... Time to refund and play ME1 instead!

Also I might buy Nier... or P5 with that refund money? Both those games look interesting but neither of them are really my style of game so I dunno...

Just started playing Nier on PC thanks to some modders who helped fix the performance, game seems pretttttty good.

Megasoum

Banned
Errr... ME:A doesn'T show up on my list of available game for a refund...

They say 24h which I guess was like 30min ago... Time to try to get in contact with EA Live Chat....ugh

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
???
Like you have a massive unexplored sci-fi universe with already established lore and a new iteration on it that's not a direct sequel. There was a hundred ways they could have taken a new Mass Effect entry that would have been interesting and different while still being safe sales-wise because it would be attached to Mass Effect

But games are hard

I mean to be fair that's pretty much what jeff said. :p

Giganteus

Lol defensive Jeff is a bummer, man
It was a poorly worded question, though. I would've asked why they typically don't look at a wider array of the community's games in a video (besides one or two on a UPF segment), especially ones that they contributed to, and if they plan on it this year.

Instead, whoever asked Jeff is an idiot.

TraBuch

Banned
It was a poorly worded question, though. I would've asked why they typically don't look at a wider array of the community's games in a video (besides one or two on a UPF segment), especially ones that they contributed to, and if they plan on it this year.

Bet it was someone here. Just a coincidence that the question popped up right when the question was being asked in this thread?

Then again, it could've been asked before.

I'm still going to come out and say that I think the story is maybe somewhat below Nier, but I will also say that it wasn't until after I finished Route A and started getting into the additional endings/post-game content that I thought it really started firing on all cylinders.

so I guess take solace in the fact that the bombshells don't start dropping until late in the game, but once they do, whew

I wasn't in love with the story till
route C
lol

So all of this Neir talk and good reviews of the game have me wanting to play it, so I'm going to pick it up for this weekend. I know it's a sequel to a previous game, is there anything I should know about that game or anything else heading into this?

robotrock

Banned
So all of this Neir talk and good reviews of the game have me wanting to play it, so I'm going to pick it up for this weekend. I know it's a sequel to a previous game, is there anything I should know about that game or anything else heading into this?

This, also another question. By playing Automata first, am I going to ruin (or spoil) Nier for myself? If so I'll probably just watch a video of Nier then. I've had tons of trouble getting into that game, but was hoping that maybe I'd feel way more motivated to play it after Automata.

Yeah, the dude basically took my one post wholesale without changing it to be a decent question.

(and no, it wasn't me; I only send Jeff the important things)

danm999

???

But games are hard

I also think the Andromeda concept is fantastic but they just fucked it up really badly by choosing the least interesting angle for everything in execution.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Because it was brought up earlier and some people care enough to talk about a GB related thing for a bit. Or maybe it's a conspiracy. Who knows!

I didn't mean it as a conspiracy thing, it's more like throughout my whole time browsing this thread I never got the impression that anybody cared about Giant Rom at all.

bvfMqBz.png

Mr. F

Banned
I also think the Andromeda concept is fantastic but they just fucked it up really badly by choosing the least interesting angle for everything in execution.

I'm so so disappointed they wasted such a flexible premise on rehashing the outline of the former games and leaning into familiar territory.

This, also another question. By playing Automata first, am I going to ruin (or spoil) Nier for myself? If so I'll probably just watch a video of Nier then. I've had tons of trouble getting into that game, but was hoping that maybe I'd feel way more motivated to play it after Automata.

You would spoil the twists of the first game, yes. maybe not the specifics of a lot of story, but it very clearly takes place in a world post the events of Nier (and they directly reference it).

if you care about that, then I would strongly suggest playing or watching Nier first

e: also as someone who only played Nier this year, I didn't think it was hard to get into at all. just do what I did and use the giant fist magic until everything is dead.

Scizzy

I only now just watched the Andromeda QL. I have to know: was that wildly swaying NPC at the end buggy or part of a wacky quest?

???

But games are hard

Eh, ME3 basically closed off the entire galaxy with all its characters from future sequels. How you move on from there is not easy.

Another Mass Effect would have been much easier to create if not for the clusterfuck of that ending.

imBask

Banned
Because I have to ask: this dude a racist? I'm not giving him the click if he is.

he was on TotalBiscuit's podcast once, so yes he's a confirmed flag burning baby murderer

EDIT : he was on it twice, literally hitler
EDIT2 : he follows Danny O'Dwyer on Twitter too, it gets worse by the minute

Top Bottom