• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Man, USA is just pouring it on right now. Up 7-0 in the World Baseball Classic Championship Game (their first ever). So weird for them to be playing Puerto Rico, as they're technically part of the United States.

I dont think the setting would have fixed the new Mass Effect.

Bioware need to find a new formula because the one created with Dragon Age Inquisition was not it. It is probably the worst template for a RPG / open world-ish game.

Side content just feels so worthless.

robot chicken sucks

image.php

tell us why your avatar looks like about like every robot chicken character then???

theRizzle

While we're getting pissy about them not using stuff that gets sent to them, I sent them a shitload of PC and Intellivision games (and some goddamned moist towelettes) years ago and never saw any of that stuff ever again.

I would say I hope it didn't end up in the garbage, but that's where I was gonna put it so whatever.

TraBuch

Banned
What's even on Adult Swim anymore? Is Aqua Teen still a thing? When are they bringing back Frisky Dingo and Sealab and The Brak Show and Harvey Birdman?

Speaking of Harvey Birdman, I've always been curious about that game. Anyone here ever play it? Is it literally just Phoenix Wright with a Harvey Birdman setting?

What's even on Adult Swim anymore? Is Aqua Teen still a thing? When are they bringing back Frisky Dingo and Sealab and The Brak Show and Harvey Birdman?

Speaking of Harvey Birdman, I've always been curious about that game. Anyone here ever play it? Is it literally just Phoenix Wright with a Harvey Birdman setting?

Rick and Morty is their most popular show now, I believe.

LowRoller

Samurai jack is now on adult swim and it's the best animated show ever made.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Actually now that I think about it, it's kinda weird that the recently acclaimed games are games set far into the future after a calamity happened, and are released so close together.

Wunder

Played 6~ hours of ME:A after it launched in Europe. I feel like i'm gonna have more problems with the single player outside of the story with the crafting seeming extremely tedious to manage. Finally starting to get into profiles/favourites though so that's been fun, and the multiplayer continues to be a blast despite their efforts to make it even more grindy.

Meanwhile I'm almost done with 100% of the map in Ghost Recon: Wildlands and to be honest, I've been enjoying the game despite the by the numbers mission variety and approaches to bases.

I've taken care of all the henchman
Working on the underbosses, then I have to take out the Head operators and then the big bad, EL SUENO.

And then in a few weeks, Yooka Laylee.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Alex really needs to stop saying "I'm not saying anything" during the Film & 40s.

It is basically just confirmation on any and everything asked.

Anjin M

Finally caught up again. Been busy the last several days. Excited to see new people showing up in the thread. Sorry to have missed Bangy (when did you have time to play Horizon between all of those NBA2K17 games?)

Decided to follow up Yakuza 0 with something completely different, Dragon Quest Builders. That's a silly little game, but I'm enjoying it. Doesn't seem like there is any reason to do anything but mainline the quests in there, though.

Kuusoge

Alex really needs to stop saying "I'm not saying anything" during the Film & 40s.

It is basically just confirmation on any and everything asked.

You can't really blame Alex. There's not much he can do when Dan and Vinny constantly ask him questions. He could stay silent I guess, but that would get weird after a while given the rate of the questions.

Joeku

Guys nioh seems intricate as fuck. I just started it, should I be stance switching after every ki pulse? There's no reason not to right?

If you have the upgrade that gives you a boost when you switch stances on a ki pulse, yeah, switch. For most enemies, though, stun-locking and whatever you get the most comfortable with works most of the time anyway.

So...eh, whatevs.

Sakwoff

I was just thinking of how I'd like a Bounty Hunter in space game. Wasn't the original Prey 2 concept sorta like that?

Got a great idea for the plot on this one.

What if, during your bounty huntin', you found some ancient technology? Belonging to an ANCIENT ALIEN RACE! And then it turns out you're not just a bounty hunter, no, you're actually the chosen one, destined to deliver the galaxy from certain annihilation!

Also everyone wants to fuck you.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You can't really blame Alex. There's not much he can do when Dan and Vinny constantly ask him questions. He could stay silent I guess, but that would get weird after a while given the rate of the questions.

Dan and Vinny watch movies like my mother watch movies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
You ever eat a lot of Indian food and expect to feel real bloated and awful but instead feel great and amazing?

I ate a lot of Indian food tonight and watched some Stardew Valley be played.

You ever eat a lot of Indian food and expect to feel real bloated and awful but instead feel great and amazing?

I ate a lot of Indian food tonight and watched some Stardew Valley be played.
Stardew Valley makes everything better. I think that was confirmed a while back.
what if you accidentally kill the chosen one and are forced to pick up his mantle
Judgement.

Everyone should watch Angel.

repeater

Time for EA to bring in Obsidian to clean up Bioware's mess like they did with Fallout and KOTOR for Bethesda and Bioware.
Yeah, if there's one thing you can truly call KOTOR2 and Fallout:NV it is "definitely not a mess in any way".

I fucking LOVE that we are now in a world where most of Hideo Kojima's tweets over the next couple of years will basically be him attaching "I'll keep coming" to random pictures and links.

Also on Twitter, I missed this. Pretty funny in and of itself, but extra funny in light of Alex and Vinny's horribly bored QL of Robot Golf:

I made Aloy throw a rock at the dick

goddamit rost

The game is great so far. I fucking love the intro. And the graphics of it...man, Guerrila fucking NAILED it! This game is a technical masterpiece. It's something really special.

Catvoca

Banned
Just started playing Horizon myself. I really, REALLY liked the whole intro up to the proving and then the world opened up and I'm like ehhh. I didn't think I had that much open world fatigue but I'm looking at these map icons and these side missions without much desire to do most of them since the few I've done were all kinda lame. It is an open world ass open world game, even if it is well executed. I'm still early on though, things could change. I'm looking forward to digging into the story more since the world is fascinating.

oti

Banned
Just started playing Horizon myself. I really, REALLY liked the whole intro up to the proving and then the world opened up and I'm like ehhh. I didn't think I had that much open world fatigue but I'm looking at these map icons and these side missions without much desire to do most of them since the few I've done were all kinda lame. It is an open world ass open world game, even if it is well executed. I'm still early on though, things could change. I'm looking forward to digging into the story more since the world is fascinating.

I'm 65h in Zelda. Just finished the last dungeon. I have no desire whatsoever to go to Ganon. Still have 50 shrines to find, memories to collect, things to see, quests to find.

I'll never play another game again.

In other words I'll wait a loooong time before buying Horizon. Game deserves better than being a follow-up to Zelda.

I'm 65h in Zelda. Just finished the last dungeon. I have no desire whatsoever to go to Ganon. Still have 50 shrines to find, memories to collect, things to see, quests to find.

I'll never play another game again.

In other words I'll wait a loooong time before buying Horizon. Game deserves better than being a follow-up to Zelda.

I was at the same point but I figured I'd just get Ganon out of the way so I can play some other games. I can always go back to hunt shrines later.

Also so I can watch some of those crazy speedruns without spoiling anything.

Top Bottom