• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

pizzacat

Banned
bunnyhop is a cool dude, cant watch his zelda video because Im not done with it but I'm sure I'll like the video even though zelda is god

A4TCfmj.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Eh, ME3 basically closed off the entire galaxy with all its characters from future sequels. How you move on from there is not easy.

Another Mass Effect would have been much easier to create if not for the clusterfuck of that ending.

There is absolutely nothing stopping them from making a prequel. ESPECIALLY because its not called Mass Effect 4

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
There is absolutely nothing stopping them from making a prequel. ESPECIALLY because its not called Mass Effect 4

I don't see why the door is closed for another sequel.

"Oh there was another ship, this one had only humans on it so the new galaxy will actually feel like a new fucking galaxy"

"Also humans have evolved to have less facial muscles but different facial muscles so fucking deal with it"

Jintor

EA and 2k should team up and make a mass effect X-COM crossover where humans invade citadel space after beating the shit out of the ethereals

pizzacat

Banned
They should make a bounty hunter in space game or like what Jeff & Brad mentioned many times over, a detective game on the Citadel.
like prey 2?

EA and 2k should team up and make a mass effect X-COM crossover where humans invade citadel space after beating the shit out of the ethereals

man the new prey is giving me vibes of the xcom fps that never saw the light of day, I always wanted it even though I was more than full with EU and XCOM 2

they need to come back to that idea

danm999

Just do another Mass Effect in the Milky Way 50 years after 3. Pick a canonical ending and run with it. Tell an interesting new story with new ideas and issues that isn't about the end of the galaxy.

Poach someone from Obsidian if you have to.

Jintor

like prey 2?

man the new prey is giving me vibes of the xcom fps that never saw the light of day, I always wanted it even though I was more than full with EU and XCOM 2

they need to come back to that idea

They did make that bureau thing

It was not great

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nah, I actually think the premise for andromeda is super interesting, it's just that somehow they managed to make it the most uninteresting thing in the world.

danm999

Nah, I actually think the premise for andromeda is super interesting, it's just that somehow they managed to make it the most uninteresting thing in the world.

Imagine how great and topical a game about a mass refugee crisis and the collapse of traditional political institutions could have been in 2017.

I'd like to see a Mass Effect game during the first contact with the mass relays and the early stuff with other races like the war with the Turians, I think that would be cool.

Hey duders curious curious here. Will leaving the switch on the dock kill it's battery eventually? I mean it provides the console a charge so will it over charge it like phones? Should I not leave it docked over night?

This is what kills me. The idea of frontiers and colonization and first contact and cultural assimilation are such ripe topics for good, thoughtful sci-fi stories... but instead they wuss out and make it so you're fighting a Big Ugly Bad Alien who's chasing Yet Another Precursor Race, and don't worry about the politics of the Andromeda initiative because there are only two new races in this whole galaxy anyway and one of them is clearly evil so whatever

Make a First Contact War game. Make a Garrus as a C-SEC Office game. Make a short story collection game. There are so many good things you can do in the Milky Way part of Mass Effect's universe while still being very disconnected from Shepard's adventure. Christ, Andromeda just has me so bummed. I keep playing it and keep getting more and more checked out.

Antiwhippy

Not a surprise I guess, it's just that you'd usually expect western devs to hold it down on the sci fi front.

The only immediate great japanese sci fi franchise I can think of other than nier is... SMT?

yeah turn off a bunch of stuff. it's way too messy.

I think the XP bar is supposed to be always on by default?

I have the UI set to Dynamic so the all the HUD turns off whenever I'm just traveling around.

Ill prolly keep it off if thats an option. Wanna go super hard mode.

he was on TotalBiscuit's podcast once, so yes he's a confirmed flag burning baby murderer

EDIT : he was on it twice, literally hitler
EDIT2 : he follows Danny O'Dwyer on Twitter too, it gets worse by the minute

Danny was on TBs podcast too! Follow the money!

inky

If you visit the Steam Workshop you'll realize that X-COM 2 is practically a Mass Effect game at this point, LOL.

Antiwhippy

Ok we are going to have to fight about that. For eternity.

Actually now that I think about it any mecha game is sci fi but I don't really count them for some reason.

Megasoum

Banned
Still waiting in line for EA Support... At this point I kinda doubt they are still open but the window doesn't say anything special.

Top Bottom