• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Zocano

Is Yooka-Laylee going to be good

Maybe. It really depends on the quality of all the levels. So far they haven't been super stellar but the hub world looks ace as fuck.

Also Banjo Kazooie and Tooie are better than any Mario game. Fight me, fuckers.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Lots to unpack in that tweet

4g114oE.png
To advance to round two one must beat Jeff at Ripcoil while answering questions about where they see anime go in 5 years time.

Horizon and Yakuza 0 have rekindled my love for videogames. I'm probably not the only one, but recently it seemed like I bought games because I felt an obligation to my past self to buy them (because I used to buy every game that had good reviews). Sadly, I didn't get any enjoyment out of them anymore and I just didn't finish them at all. I'm talking about: Titanfall 2 (great MP, great SP but I wasn't hooked), Final Fantasy XV (this one in particular really bums me out), Resident Evil 7 (I'll probably go back to this game, but again, I wasn't hooked), Fallout 4, Dishonored 2 (bums me out), Mafia III, Mankind Divided, ...

While I see a pattern (AAA games), I can't really say that Yakuza and Horizon aren't AAA games. So I don't know what I should watch out for. Maybe it's just a coincidence and I was just burnt out?

But Horizon and Yakuza 0 have really brought that "old" feeling back of playing games for five or six hours straight with no sense of time, at the risk of being late at work the next day. The feeling of reading up on the game after you're done to get your fix (it reminds me of the release week of Souls games). These games have brought that feeling back and I can't thank the developers enough.

There's never been a better time to play videogames.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Reached a certain part nier automata...

Glad Nier is giving eye candy not just for the straight males. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ketch

So there's like no way they're gonna do a P5 endurance run right?

I mean it's been long enough, they can go back to the well this one time right?

I mean.... it's supposed to be an endurance run, and they never gave up so... they kind of have to right?

I mean... the GB fans would love it?

like prey 2?

I was just thinking of how I'd like a Bounty Hunter in space game. Wasn't the original Prey 2 concept sorta like that?

So a Cowboy Bebop open-space game.

Yes, basically. The idea is sound and they could make a fantastic game out of it by making it a focused experience. Even if you go explore planets, they don't need them to be large because within that context it would make sense for a bounty hunter to go to fixed semi open world locations in different planets(because you're hunting down someone) instead of making a big empty playground with barely anything on it. From there you could mix and match and do all sorts of crazy shit when it comes to the gameplay.

Also either make it Noir or totally stylish. The potential is insane. Someone pls make this kind of game.

I have a big job interview in T-minus 4 hours.

I am going to wear my flight club shirt under my dress shirt and if I get the job I know this shirt is lucky.

rsmgrft8ssk.png

Good luck!

I don't want to plug my own shit on here too much, but I'm a quarter of the way through the Piston Hyundred

I've been following that thread for a while, great read.

hamchan

Finished Breath of the Wild story even though I'm really only halfway through the shrines. Man, it really has been 14 years since I legitimately loved a 3D Zelda this much.

Tunoku

Finished Breath of the Wild story even though I'm really only halfway through the shrines. Man, it really has been 14 years since I legitimately loved a 3D Zelda this much.

I finally finished it last night after 100h+ of play time, and this week it was hard to actually commit and enter the castle. But I think I'll go back to it eventually and get all 120 Sta-uh Shrines. It's not like I got a lot of Switch games to play.

Hindl

The music for Hyrule castle is amazing. I just snuck in there to get the last memory, just have the actual castle itself to beat. Feel like I'll be grinding out some equipment tho before I enter

Wait, Alt+F1 has a new name and RSS feed? Huh, that's weird. But I guess neither of them work for CBS so it makes sense they gotta get off their servers.

kai3345

Banned
You can't really blame Alex. There's not much he can do when Dan and Vinny constantly ask him questions. He could stay silent I guess, but that would get weird after a while given the rate of the questions.
Just do what Jeff did on Tokyo Drift and tell them to watch the damn movie

I wonder whats going on with that taco bell love and tacos contest. Reading the rules they said they would announce the winner on or around the 16th, so obviously it gives them some wiggle room. But it also said something about vetting potential winners, so who knows if external factors are holding things up.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I don't want to plug my own shit on here too much, but I'm a quarter of the way through the Piston Hyundred

Tri....Trine 2?

Please ban this...animal

I don't really know what nier is after 19 hours but I can tell you this: it's fucking weird as shit

Sooo....it's a japanese game?
I'll buy this game as soon as I get a monitor....and as soon as it can get it for less than 50€

repeater

I wonder whats going on with that taco bell love and tacos contest. Reading the rules they said they would announce the winner on or around the 16th, so obviously it gives them some wiggle room. But it also said something about vetting potential winners, so who knows if external factors are holding things up.
Oh no. Our GIFs killed Dan's dream. :(

Horizon and Yakuza 0 have rekindled my love for videogames. I'm probably not the only one, but recently it seemed like I bought games because I felt an obligation to my past self to buy them (because I used to buy every game that had good reviews). Sadly, I didn't get any enjoyment out of them anymore and I just didn't finish them at all. I'm talking about: Titanfall 2 (great MP, great SP but I wasn't hooked), Final Fantasy XV (this one in particular really bums me out), Resident Evil 7 (I'll probably go back to this game, but again, I wasn't hooked), Fallout 4, Dishonored 2 (bums me out), Mafia III, Mankind Divided, ...

While I see a pattern (AAA games), I can't really say that Yakuza and Horizon aren't AAA games. So I don't know what I should watch out for. Maybe it's just a coincidence and I was just burnt out?

But Horizon and Yakuza 0 have really brought that "old" feeling back of playing games for five or six hours straight with no sense of time, at the risk of being late at work the next day. The feeling of reading up on the game after you're done to get your fix (it reminds me of the release week of Souls games). These games have brought that feeling back and I can't thank the developers enough.

There's never been a better time to play videogames.

Honestly the games released in 2017 so far marks the first time since I don't know when that I've just devoted entire weekends to games.

Strax

Am I the only person here who doesn't enjoy the endurance runs GB has done? I just don't enjoy watching a playthrough of a game if I haven't played it all myself unless it's something like Contradiction or Mario Party.

Finally caught up again. Been busy the last several days. Excited to see new people showing up in the thread. Sorry to have missed Bangy (when did you have time to play Horizon between all of those NBA2K17 games?)

Decided to follow up Yakuza 0 with something completely different, Dragon Quest Builders. That's a silly little game, but I'm enjoying it. Doesn't seem like there is any reason to do anything but mainline the quests in there, though.

DQ:B is pretty cool, I was enjoying that game a lot. Only got to like chapter 2 or 3 I think... Hopefully someday will make it back to it. There totally is extra stuff you can do beyond the main quests (challenges, etc).

Catvoca

Banned
Am I the only person here who doesn't enjoy the endurance runs GB has done? I just don't enjoy watching a playthrough of a game if I haven't played it all myself unless it's something like Contradiction or Mario Party.

I'm the opposite. Watching playthroughs of games I've already played is way more boring to me.

Red UFO

im sure i post this every time a video goes up that shows a full length shot of jeff but he has shifted so much weight holy shit good for him

Bacon

im sure i post this every time a video goes up that shows a full length shot of jeff but he has shifted so much weight holy shit good for him

It definitely deserves to be called out. It's hard work to lose as much weight and keep it off, really hard work. Requires some serious lifestyle changes (as much as Jeff would like to downplay that aspect of it).

So I popped into the Yooka-Laylee thread hoping for discussion about new footage and what not and apparently it's all about JonTron doing voice over work for YL and people begging for him to be removed from the game.

Welp.

tenor.gif

Top Bottom