• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

kai3345

Banned
Do people find shooting galleries fun? cause I sure dont

i normally don't but robo recall looks like it has a lot of cool stuff going on re: throwing guns, grabbing bullets midair, etc. to make it more interesting than the typical vr shooting gallery

Plesiades

Yes, basically. The idea is sound and they could make a fantastic game out of it by making it a focused experience. Even if you go explore planets, they don't need them to be large because within that context it would make sense for a bounty hunter to go to fixed semi open world locations to different planets(because you're hunting down someone) instead of making a big empty playground with barely anything on it. From there you could mix and match and do all sorts of crazy shit when it comes to the gameplay.

I hope that Cyberpunk does a little bit of that, since they showed the Psycho Squad in the CGI trailer. Hunting down people that have gone crazy with augs could be neat.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
If I had a VR headset and wanted to play just one shooting gallery Robo Recall seems like the best one.
But I don't. And I don't. So...

Yeah exactly. Teleporting is always a huge turn off for me with these VR games

I've found the best solution is to just let the player choose. Supposedly the upcoming Fallout VR has a ton of different locomotion options. Some games (like Onward) kind of require a single way though, for balance reasons.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The first time I saw the wide adoption immediately of the 'teleport' shit in VR games was where I already knew there's no way we're as ready for the future of VR as all the journalists were saying

Xater

Man I watched the VRodeo at like 3PM. I was pretty engaged during Robo Recall, the game looks cool, and then I fell asleep. I guess those other games didn't d much for me.

repeater

I was actually watching them yesterday, the over acting is a joy to behold.
EBj2tX6.gif
\m/

Jennipeg

One of the best video features on the site.

It is, i'm tempted to play it. I've never really played an FMV game, i've just seen Vinny playing them, I feel like i've missed out, especially as I love adventure games. I tried to watch the Toonstruck video, but the cartoon characters were too annoying for me to handle.

What're the chances one of Drew's visits will be to the town they filmed Contradiction? That'd be pretty cool.

I reckon that would take about 15 minutes lol. I just looked it up and it was filmed an hour from where I live, maybe I should go?

Wunder

It is, i'm tempted to play it. I've never really played an FMV game, i've just seen Vinny playing them, I feel like i've missed out, especially as I love adventure games. I tried to watch the Toonstruck video, but the cartoon characters were too annoying for me to handle.

I reckon that would take about 15 minutes lol. I just looked it up and it was filmed an hour from where I live, maybe I should go?

Go visit Atlas and uncover its secrets

Sad to say even my love of Mass Effect is starting to be tested while I'm trying to keep going in Andromeda. The animations, voice acting and dialogue while crappy I can live with, its the stuff like checkpoints being all messed up and squad members not moving during a firefight so you end up having no backup thats screwing me over. I'm thinking about changing the difficulty to its lowest setting and just breezing through the game that way.

Job interview went well. We shall see if I get it.

But 5 minutes after leaving I slipped on a bit of gravel as there was some construction going on that road, fell over and landed on my hand and now its all scraped.

Mr. F

Banned
I dipped back into the video of them talking over the Nintendo E3 video just to see some of their initial reactions to the Zelda stuff again and man I totally forgot that the Nintendo direct was literally Zelda and an hour of Pokemon. Woof.

I'm gonna ask this here cuz I don't want to make a thread.

I'm using an optical cable for my surround sound system and I need to know which settings to use on the PS4. Do I uncheck Dolby, DTS, and AAC under Digital Out (Optical)?
And do I go Bitstream (Dolby) under Audio Format?

Salarians

Sad to say even my love of Mass Effect is starting to be tested while I'm trying to keep going in Andromeda. The animations, voice acting and dialogue while crappy I can live with, its the stuff like checkpoints being all messed up and squad members not moving during a firefight so you end up having no backup thats screwing me over. I'm thinking about changing the difficulty to its lowest setting and just breezing through the game that way.
I just did Vetra's loyalty mission and had enemies shooting me through a room. And a minute later, one of the big animal enemies stopped doing anything in the middle of a fight, seemingly caught on the geometry (this happened once before too).

The thing is, even if this game where better on a technical level, I'm not sure I'd want to keep playing it in the future (playing a rented copy).

Nothing about the story or characters are doing it for me, and they seem to have doubled down on the things that I disliked about DA:I. DA:I at least had the characters and narrative hooks to make me want to spend time in that world. ME:A's giving me nothing.

And it's a real shame too because it's clear they spent a lot of effort on building the various worlds. And they look beautiful. I'm just having difficulty finding any interesting characters or plot lines contained within them.

robo recall just looks like another shooting gallery...idk what ya'll are seeing. wouldn't even play it twice

The way I feel right now is that it wasn't shown off well. I think you can probably get more fun teleporting around to bots to grab and melee them, rather than just being stationary and shooting most of the time. But when Jeff starts doing that at the end it looks awkward. It's not clear if it's just a learning curve thing or an awkward interface thing.

You're still left with a game where you destroy waves of enemies, though, so if that still doesn't interest you, then that's the end of it.

Top Bottom