• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

rbol3szp.gif

Ah VRodeo, you've been missed. Good episode.

I hope that Cyberpunk does a little bit of that, since they showed the Psycho Squad in the CGI trailer. Hunting down people that have gone crazy with augs could be neat.

While I'm not big into RPGs, I want to play Cyberpunk ESPECIALLY if it evoked that tone and feeling.

Job interview went well. We shall see if I get it

Hope you do!

Banned
Job interview went well. We shall see if I get it.

But 5 minutes after leaving I slipped on a bit of gravel as there was some construction going on that road, fell over and landed on my hand and now its all scraped.
Sue Gertsmann.

I should apply at GB for the lolz. But I'm in Toronto lol.

Hindl

But will it be the hottest mess come the end of the year?

The big question. Ubisoft still has games to release and Destiny 2 could always be terrible. Plus we have the unveiling of Nintendo's big online infrastructure later this year, and that looks like a hot mess even 6 months before it rolls out

The big question. Ubisoft still has games to release and Destiny 2 could always be terrible. Plus we have the unveiling of Nintendo's big online infrastructure later this year, and that looks like a hot mess even 6 months before it rolls out

I hope bungie learns from destiny 1 whilst crafting destiny 2

Hindl

I hope bungie learns from destiny 1 whilst crafting destiny 2

I think they've learned their lesson. The Taken King was a big step on its own, and the problems with Destiny were apparently and have since been (mostly) addressed. But for some reason I get the feeling that this could be rushed again, especially with it being rebooted less than a year ago

I think they've learned their lesson. The Taken King was a big step on its own, and the problems with Destiny were apparently and have since been (mostly) addressed. But for some reason I get the feeling that this could be rushed again, especially with it being rebooted less than a year ago

I just care about the balance

And they've made continuous balance missteps.

Meneses

I just want them to keep the awesome shooting and movement, and then make things more varied than the first one, from locations to mission types.

Oh, and make single player content more meaningful and also remove stupid stuff like only being able to earn stuff a limited number of times per week.

dh4niel

I wish Jason was in front of the camera more. He seems like a cool guy. Shame he's there in mostly just a production capacity, especially since Drew left.

Dark Souls 3 has a pretty great final third. In particular the last 3 bosses are really fun to fight, although they kind of have similar patterns. I'm glad I stuck it out.

I'm all clear now for Persona 5! Well, I mean, I still have to play Yakuza and Nier Automata and Torment and Zelda, but those can wait.

Hindl

After 40 hours I finally found the first dungeon in Zelda.
It was pretty mediocre.

I wouldn't mind if they just called out the dude by his name.

Dungeons are one of the weakest parts of the game. They can be pretty good, but they never are fully satisfying

And there are also several dudes, so you can't just say one

Dark Souls 3 has a pretty great final third. In particular the last 3 bosses are really fun to fight, although they kind of have similar patterns. I'm glad I stuck it out.

I'm all clear now for Persona 5! Well, I mean, I still have to play Yakuza and Nier Automata and Torment and Zelda, but those can wait.

Honestly, the last boss was disappointing and the endings made it worse.

Megasoum

Banned
So I decided to start a new playthrough of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

I've always played the game with Male Shepard and mostly soldier/vengard.. So, to mix things up I decided to go FemShep Adept...

Man... I know everyone is saying that FemShep is the best but this is really fucking tough after a decade of playing Male Shep... For me HE'S Mass Effect. It's like a stranger invaded my game.

I've always played the game with Male Shepard and mostly soldier/vengard.. So, to mix things up I decided to go FemShep Adept...

Man... I know everyone is saying that FemShep is the best but this is really fucking tough after a decade of playing Male Shep... For me HE'S Mass Effect. It's like a stranger invaded my game.

Yeah I found the same when I did my second playthrough of the Trilogy. I started my third a few weeks ago and had to go back to male Shep!

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Dungeons are one of the weakest parts of the game. They can be pretty good, but they never are fully satisfying

And there are also several dudes, so you can't just say one

Yeah, I did the
elephant
one and while the gimmick was neat the whole thing felt a bit lifeless.

Jennipeg

It says a lot about how you connected with Male Shepard originally. Thats pretty cool.

I never managed it, I find it difficult to care about player created characters, they don't feel immersed in their own world somehow, I don't think of them as an extension of myself either, so they just kind of exist. I'd rather play as Garrus. I blame years of playing JRPG's.

Hindl

Yeah, I did the
elephant
one and while the gimmick was neat the whole thing felt a bit lifeless.

Yup, pretty much my thoughts exactly. If I had to rank them
Goron >> Gerudo (sort of cuz I didn't really figure it out but basically cheated to finish it and the game let me) > Zora > Rito
. Cool idea but really undercooked

What was that mobile game Jeff was talking about on the Bombcast this week?

Type-something?
Typeshift

It kinda feels like the game was made with speed runs in mind.

Aonuma even called it out when introducing it. Someone said it wasn't replayable, but I think it actually has a lot of replay value. Doing a no upgrades run, no dungeons beaten, some dungeons beaten...tons of options

This is a garbage video, it barely covers anything. People should be recommending Clemps' videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnwEbOHo7Aw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqj7Lna-chU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLXWenjw7ls

These videos are great and make me appreciate Nier?

I remember going to my friends house and playing the part with the bridges and the towns and that was confusing. But....man, that story is something. Are there any in depth faqs that go into it?

oti

Banned
I prefer Switch on TV tbh. Sure it looks better on the handheld and I don't have the best TV but it looks great on TV as well. I can live with some framerate issues here and there.

After 40 hours I finally found the first dungeon in Zelda.
It was pretty mediocre.

I wouldn't mind if they just called out the dude by his name.

Which dude? There are a bunch of popular dangerous idiots on YouTube unfortunately.

Only once I played my Switch in handheld mode, and it's when I was charging my pro controller, switched to the joycons in grip, and those ran out of battery. Unsurprisingly playing Zelda while the Switch charges joycons drains the main unit battery super fast.

I will say, it's the most comfortable handheld Nintendo has made since the original GBA. Vita is a little more comfortable, but the Switch has secondary shoulder buttons and clickable analog sticks, so have the full suite of controls on a handheld is great.

Like, I'd buy an Android or Windows version of the Switch. I like my GPD Win but it's styled after the 3DS and not very comfortable for it.

Jennipeg

I just got to my first
cauldron
in Horizon and am getting my arse kicked. Somehow the bellowback thing is hitting me with fire when its on the other side of the room and i'm dodging it. I've only managed to get it down to half health so far.

Lunar FC

I just got to my first
cauldron
in Horizon and am getting my arse kicked. Somehow the bellowback thing is hitting me with fire when its on the other side of the room and i'm dodging it. I've only managed to get it down to half health so far.

I had trouble with him at first too. What I ended up doing is shock trapping him so he's vulnerable and critical hitting him. His little metal plate that's covering up his canisters fall off eventually and then hit those with fire arrows.

Jennipeg

I had trouble with him at first too. What I ended up doing is shock trapping him so he's vulnerable and critical hitting him. His little metal plate that's covering up his canisters fall off eventually and then hit those with fire arrows.

Ah ok, shock traps it is thanks. Luckily I invested in armour piercing arrows before going in, he's weak against those. I wish i'd bought some ice bombs though.

This thing is level 8, and i'm level 14, i'm properly ashamed of myself, but its really difficult.

I just got to my first
cauldron

Buy a ropecaster too. The ropecaster shits on all mid to large beasts.

Top Bottom