• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Which dude? There are a bunch of popular dangerous idiots on YouTube unfortunately.

JonTron (so far, I guess)

I've been exclusively playing the switch handheld.

Are screenshots on the Switch just garbage in general or does their quality depend on whether you take them in handheld mode or not for some Nintendo reason?
Cause I really like taking screenshots (I think the lighting in Zelda looks absolutely amazing at points) but when I put them on my PC they all looked like garbage.

Look at this. It looked so great in handheld form, now it's this jaggy mess. Tell me Zelda doesn't look like this on the big screen.

oti

Banned
JonTron (so far, I guess)

Are screenshots on the Switch just garbage in general or does their quality depend on whether you take them in handheld mode or not for some Nintendo reason?
Cause I really like taking screenshots (I think the lighting in Zelda looks absolutely amazing at points) but when I put them on my PC they all looked like garbage.

Look at this. It looked so great in handheld form, now it's this jaggy mess. Tell me Zelda doesn't look like this on the big screen.

JonTron, that Boogie guy, that Nintendo guy, PewDiePie. Everything's a mess. Is the Nostalgia Critic still cool?

giant bombcast may 15 2011 all of these guys are enamored with LA Noire motion cap. makes me want to play a modern cop procedural. is there anything like that?

funnily enough on the episode before this jeff and brad have the same argument concerning bethesda open world that they did in the fallout 4 goty talk

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
giant bombcast may 15 2011 all of these guys are enamored with LA Noire motion cap.

KyHTbuf.jpg

I prefer Switch on TV tbh. Sure it looks better on the handheld and I don't have the best TV but it looks great on TV as well. I can live with some framerate issues here and there.

Same here, everything on the big screen for me or bust. However, I do play my Switch in handheld mode when I'm laying in bed and want to game for 15 or so minutes before sleeping.

Catvoca

Banned
Do we know what happened with Fobwashed's Rumble Road?

It didn't look like it was going to hit its goal, I'm guessing that's why he cancelled it. It was at 12k with only 5 or 6 days left to hit 20 and it wasn't climbing. He said he's quitting being an indie dev, I hope he's doing ok.

oti

Banned
Same here, everything on the big screen for me or bust. However, I do play my Switch in handheld mode when I'm laying in bed and want to game for 15 or so minutes before sleeping.

I do that too and I'm sure I'll use it in handheld mode primarily for Mario Kart. But Zelda's just too damn beautiful for handheld alone.

Meneses

It didn't look like it was going to hit its goal, I'm guessing that's why he cancelled it. It was at 12k with only 5 or 6 days left to hit 20 and it wasn't climbing. He said he's quitting being an indie dev, I hope he's doing ok.

He'll land on his feet working at Giant Bomb.

Jeff was interviewing people yesterday and Fobwashed canceled his Kickstarter today and is "leaving the indie game scene forever..."

#FollowTheMoney

The timing's strange, but I'm guessing he just got a shot at something a little more stable than indie games and crowdfunding.

I think he'd be a good fit. Question is, do we stop calling him Fobwashed and instead refer to him as Steve? Or is he forever Fobwashed?

Maybe he'd be alright in a Rorie-esque position, but I don't think he'd really fit in as a personality.

oti

Banned
The Angry Video Game Nerd did not want to review Ghostbusters and just for that he was unfairly labelled misogynist so I don't know you can put him with those dudes.

That's not who I meant. There's this Nintendo guy on YouTube who got blacklisted by Nintendo and is fully supporting JonTron and his views. That's the guy I'm talking about. No idea what his name is though.

Don't want to sound like a dick (too late, I guess) but Fobwashed always rubbed me the wrong way.

You're a dick.

Don't want to sound like a dick (too late, I guess) but Fobwashed always rubbed me the wrong way.

I get where you're coming from, but the dude's passionate, at the very least.

And that'd be a big plus if he somehow did get hired, considering all of the site's passion is either on the East coast or doing a Patreon.

He's been awful on camera the few times he's been on so I hope he isn't the west hire. They need a lively person desperately there.

My hope is they get a person that goes with Jeff's bits, like Vinny and Ryan used to do. Brad, Dan, Jason, and Drew wouldn't let a bit play on for long, but that's when we got some of the best stuff on the Bombcast (launch into the sun, Halo 4 intro, etc...)

Meneses

My hope is they get a person that goes with Jeff's bits, like Vinny and Ryan used to do. Brad, Dan, Jason, and Drew wouldn't let a bit play on for long, but that's when we got some of the best stuff on the Bombcast (launch into the sun, Halo 4 intro, etc...)

They should all relocate to, I don't know, Wisconsin or whatever and be a full team again.

Hindl

I'm still bummed Mary didn't join them

Edit: Now I'm more bummed because I was imagining a Mary/Drew/Dan feature and now none of them are in GB West

StoveOven

Banned

I'm not familiar with the Halo 4 intro bit. Mind pointing me towards it?

oti

Banned
The main thing I want from the new hire is the willingness to challenge Jeff. Jeff has some crazy opinions and that's fine, but I want him to articulate them better and actually discuss them on the podcast. Unless it's GOTY that rarely happens.

The main thing I want from the new hire is the willingness to challenge Jeff. Jeff has some crazy opinions and that's fine, but I want him to articulate them better and actually discuss them on the podcast. Unless it's GOTY that rarely happens.

the closest we ever got was Patrick "I'm not even going to engage in this discussion" Klepek

Catvoca

Banned
I hear they want to appeal more to the younger YouTube crowd so they're actually hoping to hire the "SJW's are ruining cartoons" guy

Top Bottom