• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Ketch

I just got banned from waypoint twitch chat because I said no shit "navi vs alliance" while they were talking about classic sports rivalries and how they're not present in esports

cool
highfive.gif

Fobwashed

Hey~! Just jumpin in to say I'm not interviewing w/Giant Bomb. The Rumble Road kickstarter was canceled because it wasn't gonna hit its goal and the plan was always to move on if it didn't. Anyway, dunno what I'm doin exactly to draw the ire of some ppl here but my bad. Specifically stayed away from here while promoting so as not to step on any toes that were already a bit sore -_-;;

Anyway, just wanted to clear that up in case anyone was actually worried I'd end up at GB. GLHB <>

Dineren

Banned
Hey~! Just jumpin in to say I'm not interviewing w/Giant Bomb. The Rumble Road kickstarter was canceled because it wasn't gonna hit its goal and the plan was always to move on if it didn't. Anyway, dunno what I'm doin exactly to draw the ire of some ppl here but my bad. Specifically stayed away from here while promoting so as not to step on any toes that were already a bit sore -_-;;

Anyway, just wanted to clear that up in case anyone was actually worried I'd end up at GB. GLHB <>

For what it's worth I thought your game looked pretty cool and you've provided a lot of entertainment with your gifs (guess they were video clips mainly not gifs, regardless you've been entertaining!). Good luck with whatever you do next.

Dunno what anyone else said, but I would've loved you on GB if we were to get anyone~

Shame about the KS :X Gl on your future endeavors~!

daveo42

Banned
Man, Windows 10 fucking sucks.

Thanks for the rabbit hole:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXMYlKvmkyI

Also, which one of you is this?

Not sure who if any of us are hatin' but that just ain't cool. Keep doing what you're doing.

Good luck with your future endeavors!

Ketch

Have you talked to drew lately?

What's drew up to?

Did he say anything about us?

pizzacat

Banned

good to know youre the hire

find out what the guy with the hair does

Hi Fob, thank you for doing what you do! You really are a valuable member of the Giant Bomb community, and it makes me sad to see that you feel unwelcome. This thread can get far too personal and mean at times. It's something I've been guilty of myself, and I'm sorry some folks found it appropriate to make you a target.

You pop your head in here from time to time and it makes me imagine a more positive GBGAF community where fans and Giant Bomb-adjacent folks hang out and have a good time. Instead, when we see a Duder post in here it's generally to put out some fire we started for some ridiculous reason. It does not surprise me one bit that so many of our once-active members have evacuated.

Anyway, I wish you the best and I hope to continue to see your fantastic Giant Bomb content for years to come.

So are they doing extended or theatrical for Fast Five?

Also I was looking at amazon and it looks like the extended version is only one minute longer than theatrical. Is that right? Seems weird...

robotrock

Banned
So are they doing extended or theatrical for Fast Five?

Also I was looking at amazon and it looks like the extended version is only one minute longer than theatrical. Is that right? Seems weird...

extended

i think they just linger on some shots of people getting destroyed so it kind of pushes the PG-13 rating. it's not really the kind of thing where the extended edition adds a whole other setpiece that got scrapped

TraBuch

Banned
The extended cut is actually kinda worse. There're some scenes where CGI blood is added in and it just looks bad, and it looks out of place compared to the rest of the action scenes which are relatively bloodless.

beat my first sawtooth in horizon

first time it wrecked me

second time I actually planned out and put tripcasters, and aimed for its canister first

I like this game. Playing on very hard too with minimal hud, so I'm getting extra enjoyment off it

pizzacat

Banned
On the Beastcast this would have led into a 20 minute tangent that would have made the best of compilation at the end of the year.

and at the 3 minute mark the joke they had would have been ran to the ground

just a reminder

rip video nasties

ive never seen one die so yung

pizzacat

Banned
Hi Fob, thank you for doing what you do! You really are a valuable member of the Giant Bomb community, and it makes me sad to see that you feel unwelcome. This thread can get far too personal and mean at times. It's something I've been guilty of myself, and I'm sorry some folks found it appropriate to make you a target.

You pop your head in here from time to time and it makes me imagine a more positive GBGAF community where fans and Giant Bomb-adjacent folks hang out and have a good time. Instead, when we see a Duder post in here it's generally to put out some fire we started for some ridiculous reason. It does not surprise me one bit that so many of our once-active members have evacuated.

Anyway, I wish you the best and I hope to continue to see your fantastic Giant Bomb content for years to come.

man this reads like an email from comcast

While we're reminiscing, what was everybody's first time discovering Giant Bomb?

For me, it was actually when they jumped in for the end-of-2008 1UP Yours 2-part special. I remembered hearing about the Kane & Lynch stuff late the year before, but only caught that Giant Bomb was a thing here and there until they finally joined in for the recordings. For newcomers like me, thinking back, that was perhaps the best intro for the 4 of them at the time. Brad picked Banjo Kazooie Nuts n Bolts as his 2008 GOTY shocking EVERYBODY from the 1UP crew, Ryan picked MGS4 (and had a great Game Party for Wii rant), Jeff picked GTAIV (mentioned a bit of the time in his youth in relation to that game too), and Vinny I forget what he picked but he was just great to listen to, foreshadowing his awesomeness.

I didn't fully get into the Giant Bomb camp until the summer of 2009 after 1UPocalypse, I had a giant hole in my heart that the gutted 1UP crew and disparate other-casts couldn't fill, as cool as OUT OF THE GAME and A Life Well Wasted were.

Edit: Damn it, we're not reminiscing anymore. This is what happens when I spend too long writing this shit.

Agreed completely, this topic is pretty frequently negative. That would be pretty cool if it were more like that.

Sorry it didn't work out fobwashed, like sleeping and others said you are an awesome part of the community. Good luck with whatever you do next!

While we're reminiscing, what was everybody's first time discovering Giant Bomb?

I'm pretty new to GB, I don't remember exactly when I started but it was sometime around summer / fall 2015. I've really enjoyed going back and watching old content (as well as keeping up with new).

TraBuch

Banned
I'm sure the GB forums would be just as negative at times if they didn't have moderators and people with direct ties to the site browsing.

I'm at mothers heart in horizon

the facial animation blows mass effect out of the WATER

and Mass Effect is made for conversations so you'd think their facial animations

Man

I'm happy I got horizon instead of mass effect(For the laughs)

Y'know I figure Zelda is good, but Horizon definitely deserves GOTY from GB.

For me, it was actually when they jumped in for the end-of-2008 1UP Yours 2-part special. I remembered hearing about the Kane & Lynch stuff late the year before, but only caught that Giant Bomb was a thing here and there until they finally joined in for the recordings. For newcomers like me, thinking back, that was perhaps the best intro for the 4 of them at the time. Brad picked Banjo Kazooie Nuts n Bolts as his 2008 GOTY shocking EVERYBODY from the 1UP crew, Ryan picked MGS4 (and had a great Game Party for Wii rant), Jeff picked GTAIV (mentioned a bit of the time in his youth in relation to that game too), and Vinny I forget what he picked but he was just great to listen to, foreshadowing his awesomeness.

I didn't fully get into the Giant Bomb camp until the summer of 2009 after 1UPocalypse, I had a giant hole in my heart that the gutted 1UP crew and disparate other-casts couldn't fill, as cool as OUT OF THE GAME and A Life Well Wasted were.

Edit: Damn it, we're not reminiscing anymore. This is what happens when I spend too long writing this shit.

I found them out after E3 2015 when people gave them shit for not being excited enough for the sony press conference lmaooooo

Even though it's not on the schedule, I'm hopeful that Films and 40s goes up tomorrow. Decided to do it proper, and join them by getting a 40 ounce for myself to drink while watching one of the best entries in the series with Fast Five. Should've gotten one for Tokyo Drift, cuz I agree with Jeff about how good that one is.

Top Bottom