• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

lbhumt.gif

WOO and indeed, HOO, my good man. Tommorow will be a good day!

Real talk.

If UPF goes away nothing will replace it and it will be like TNT and Wednesday streams all over again.

We know how it will go if they decide to take a break from it to "look at other ideas"

hamchan

GBEast have their formats nailed btw.

One playthrough of a new game with Beast in the East.
One playthrough of an old game with Blue Bombin.
And something completely different with Film and 40s.

Plus the best bit: All the members of GBEast participate and contribute. I don't mind watching Jeff stream old games but it was better when it was called the Old Game show and had other people for him to talk with while playing.

Plus the best bit: All the members of GBEast participate and contribute. I don't mind watching Jeff stream old games but it was better when it was called the Old Game show and had other people for him to talk with while playing.

The most important part is that they're consistent about it.

GBWest is anything but.

They definitely need a theme to work with. That's why I don't get why people shush down the idea of an Endurance Run so much. It's consistent and easy to produce. You can record for two days and have a week of content covered when you split it up.

But but giant bomb is freeform jazz if they had a schedule to stick to they'd get stuck in a rut

UPF is in that rut right now.

Khezu

How are those fast and the furious things?

For say using it as background sound well driving for a very long time?

Haven't seen any of the FF movies in forever, and obviously can't watch along.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
How are those fast and the furious things?

For say using it as background sound well driving for a very long time?

Haven't seen any of the FF movies in forever, and obviously can't watch along.

If you like protracted series of silence and out of context discussions, sure.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
As bad as UPF's been lately... It's still better than the 100th "Jeff playing super old and boring as fuck games from home" streams.

nope

also i'd much rather have gbwest free to start new things unlike gbeast who are stuck in two massive timesink features in yakuza and blue bombing

the only issue is that jeff's the only one doing it

That is really well made. They have to add WBC mode in future games.

Doubt it'll ever happen. I've heard they'd first need to acquire the license. They'd probably also need to work with the various countries (or their MLB equivalents) to get the proper player rights. If the WBC was annual, maybe you'd see it. But at every 3-4 years. I just don't see it happening. Would love to be wrong.

nope

also i'd much rather have gbwest free to start new things

giphy.gif

The don't even do Big Live Live Show Live's anymore, the testing ground for all the cool segments that they would then never revisit.

I'm not unsympathetic to the personnel issue they're currently going through, and I'm never* canceling my sub because I really do enjoy the guys so much, but GBWest hasn't been secretly concoting something new and fascinating all of this time. If anything Jeff's recently recurring solo house stream is a regression. Whether you enjoy it or not, which I occasionally do, it's undeniably blurring the lines between Giant Bomb being something special and just being a random dude playing by himself on Twitch.

They often treat new exciting segments with hostility while doing them (Endurance Run being the big one). You can assume that's for comedic effect, but with the irregularity of the special segments I'm inclined to believe they're genuinely unenthusiastic about doing new stuff. This has been going on for years! Years!

*Lately, I go weeks without watching any GB content, but I like knowing that it's there and supporting them in the things they try to do.

That would be awesome!

What if GBW has been doing a P5 ER this whole time 🤔? Remember when we thought Dan wasn't in much when he was east for a month? (I doubt it lol but what if?!)

That would mean Vinny is pulling in the hard work

If they're doing it, it'd be Brad and Jeff tbh.

Antiwhippy

It's kinda sad that the only Premium content the west puts out is UPF

Like damn man. East does so much with 3, west is lagging.

TBF, 3 direct editors, while I feel like Jeff and Rorie are more in the administration side (jeff especially nowadays seeing that he's probably involved in the hiring process.

Dunno about brad, but he seemed to be in the background even before all this.

I was annoyed with what a buzzkill Jeff was on UPF. We get it, dude. The hockey game doesn't feel exactly like NHL 94. Just bitch about it the whole time even if everyone else is giving it a fair shake. Ugh.

Megasoum

Banned
I've been watching random quicklooks tonight while working remotely on my laptop and ended up watching the latest Destiny Quicklook...

I kind of miss the game tbh but I stopped wayyyy to early to get back into it. I think I stopped before the first batch of DLC came out (from the first season pass). Watching the QL I have no fucking clue what is happening in that game anymore...

I guess I'll be able to start fresh with the sequel next fall.

robotrock

Banned
I've been watching random quicklooks tonight while working remotely on my laptop and ended up watching the latest Destiny Quicklook...

I kind of miss the game tbh but I stopped wayyyy to early to get back into it. I think I stopped before the first batch of DLC came out (from the first season pass). Watching the QL I have no fucking clue what is happening in that game anymore...

I guess I'll be able to start fresh with the sequel next fall.

Wtf? You just pull the left trigger and then the right trigger. It's not that hard

killroy87

Yeah, UPF has become something I just watch out of routine lately. I don't even know what I would do to make it better, I feel like they just need fresh faces.

I do enjoy Rorie's futile attempts to field questions from the chat, and be met with complete indifference from the crew though.

Antiwhippy

Lol no one's saying the site is doomed?

Im just saying I haven't been enjoying some of the content lately. Is that not allowed?

I wasn't really directing it at you? There is a difference between saying that you're not enjoying a content and the doom and gloom we usually get into which your post wasn't.

I'd also say that UPF hasn't been that good but it's pretty obvious what the problem is, and it's a problem that they are looking into with the ongoing hiring process.

Top Bottom