• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Call in UPF this week I guess?
sleeping.gif

what's the difference between vanilla UPF and the last UPF of the month

on the last UPF of the month they literally phone it in

(also I actually like the call-in shows so don't read too much into this dunk)

Jintor

maybe this law job will be less burdensome when someone starts waving fat stacks of cash at me. as it is i was making more money teaching kids english because of the exchange rate

Curufinwe

Nier Automata would be a good game for Brad to play thru with Jason as his partner. It's too easy for a Breaking Brad, but that means they would make constant progress and get to most of the crazy story stuff.

Scizzy

There are pluses and minuses to both coasts' output right now. I like BitE, but I've fallen way, way behind because I usually have GB stuff on in the background of other things I'm doing and that doesn't work with subtitles (this is totally on me). Blue Bombin' is fine, but totally missable for me. And I don't have any interest in setting aside a couple hours to watch a movie with a commentary track so I've missed every Film and 40s. It turns out, the only Beast videos I've watched in March are the Splatoon 2 thing, the Nier QL, the Snipperclips QL, and the Zelda QL. So there's very little for me in their current rotation.

For West, they put out a lot more stuff that I have no interest in, but I've also watched a fair amount more of their stuff because their current lineup is so much more varied. Yeah, what's coming is random and I miss Game Tapes, Breaking Brad, etc., but I end up watching a lot.

Ashby

I bounced off BitE at like the third episode also because you have to devote 100% of your attention to it cause the subtitles. I ain't got time for that.

i don't mind the content output at all tbh cause I only really follow the podcast(s) and occasional vid that gets recommended in here. I just like supporting what they do ultimately.

kinda unrelated but biggest change I've noticed after revisiting these podcasts from years ago is of course the lost energy over time. they have grown older and gone through severe staff changes so it makes sense that things will be a lil more reserved nowadays

I saw a video of highlighted Majima scenes of other Yakuza games and he seems like a completely different character in those games, like a lunatic.

(ending spoilers)
Y0 kind of disappointed me in that regard because it basically builds up to the dude going "hey I'm gonna act crazy now" in the final set of cutscenes.

Mupod

That's coming out in the summer, right? If they focus on the main story and only do a couple of substories here and there they might be just about done when the remake comes out. It's probably better for them and the audience to have a break of a couple of weeks between the two games. And I think doing only one episode per week hurts the pacing of the story, which is already pretty slow sometimes.

They've frontloaded a lot of the sidequests that are very easy to stumble over, and the story pace picks up a lot later on. Unless they get super into managing the Cabaret - god, I wish - shouldn't be hard to wrap it up in time for Kiwami.

Harpuia

I'll have no Danielle slander on my watch. Her, Patrick and Austin are great. Danika and the others I can take or leave, though. I wish Patrick was there in person but he's great nontheless.

Meneses

It would be cool if they managed to do Real Estate and Cabaret all the way because of the
legendary Styles they unlock
and the amount of money they would have to spend on new moves, but realistically I don't see it happening.

It would be too boring for a stream (unless they do something like Blue Bombin' where they're basically doing another podcast with a game on the background). Maybe if they play it off-camera, but that kinda defeats the purpose of the feature.

daveo42

Banned
Yakuza has been my weekly highlight from the crew, followed by my dose of the Beastcast. Otherwise I've been blitzing through the Persona 4 ER to the lead up to Persona 5. I'm enjoying it well enough, but really feel like skipping over most of the dungeon episodes. I think last night I half watched then needed to go back to the last few minutes of an episode where Charlie dies from a Hama attack after over an hour. I know that feel, but it also makes it hard to watch as well.

Edit: Only watched one F&F and haven't sat down to watch another.

Curufinwe

Yakuza has been my weekly highlight from the crew, followed by my dose of the Beastcast. Otherwise I've been blitzing through the Persona 4 ER to the lead up to Persona 5. I'm enjoying it well enough, but really feel like skipping over most of the dungeon episodes. I think last night I half watched then needed to go back to the last few minutes of an episode where Charlie dies from a Hama attack after over an hour. I know that feel, but it also makes it hard to watch as well.

Edit: Only watched one F&F and haven't sat down to watch another.

The Hama-ing was so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh8G2leCrG8

I am OK with Films and 40s none being a regular thing.

Let it come and go but let stuff like the F&F series happen.

That being said they better do They Live next with Bakalar.

Trust me on this, this would be an amazing Film & 40s...

Ab2Y8za.png

If you dont plan to find this film (and watch it - right now), then read this AMAZING synopsis

Cop Dog is a 2008 American film created by Dog Productions. In the film, Marlowe is inherited by the son of a deceased police officer. However, the son's family is targeted by thieves who want revenge against the child's father, who arrested them prior to the events of the film. After hitting Marlowe with a truck, the spirit of Marlowe assists Brent and his friend to uncover his father's secrets and stop the thieves

ferunnico

Neo Member
It just occurred to me that I have never watched Metal Gear Scanlon. Usually, I like to play a game myself before I watch someone else's playthrough/reaction, which is why I bought and played through Yakuza 0 after the first episode of BitE. But I don't know if I will ever find the time to play the entire Metal Gear Solid series (also, I think I already know a lot of the major plot points anway). Should I just watch Metal Gear Scanlon and experience Metal Gear Solid for the first time along with Drew?

It just occurred to me that I have never watched Metal Gear Scanlon. Usually, I like to play a game myself before I watch someone else's playthrough/reaction, which is why I bought and played through Yakuza 0 after the first episode of BitE. But I don't know if I will ever find the time to play the entire Metal Gear Solid series (also, I think I already know a lot of the major plot points anway). Should I just watch Metal Gear Scanlon and experience Metal Gear Solid for the first time along with Drew?

I mean, you already know the answer deep down in your hearts of heart.

It's yes.

Hindl

Yes. Especially because the earlier Metal Gear Solids can be pretty frustrating to play now, like most games of that era

While it's a little weird and quirky control wise by today's standards, MGS1 plays perfectly fine for what it is, and IMO, has as much charm in its graphics and music today as it did in 1998.

I'd suggest at least trying to give MGS1 a run before jumping into MG Scanlon. At the very least you'll get to struggle to adjust to 1998 controls just like Drew.

Wunder

watch them nowwwwww

I'd suggest playing them first tbh... I feel like you might regret not experiencing some of the greatest games ever made for yourself the first time

Catvoca

Banned

Personally, I don't like how MGS games play at all. I've tried to play MGS 1 and MGS3 and hated the gameplay in both. So Metal gear Scanlon was the perfect way for me to experience those games (though I haven't watched all of them yet).

Watch the first game, then play MGS2 and 3. Then watch 4 since it's 70% cutscenes anyways. I really think experiencing the PS2 games is worth it.

Top Bottom