• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

The site just needs to get a bunch of younger people still in that phase of life where they are willing to work way too many hours for the pay they are getting. Older dudes with families aren't about that.

Listening to the latest Waypoint. I really want to like Danielle but man, I just don't find any of her contributions interesting and Patrick only works well when he has someone good to bounce stuff off.

I might have to start skipping this podcast. At least when Austin isn't around anyway.

Anjin M

I really only listen to the Waypoint cast for Patrick anymore. When it leans more toward Austin and Danielle (who I realized today is Austin's hype woman), I start to zone out. And I like them all, just not the dynamic. :(

Mr. F

Banned
I really only listen to the Waypoint cast for Patrick anymore. When it leans more toward Austin and Danielle (who I realized today is Austin's hype woman), I start to zone out. And I like them all, just not the dynamic. :(

Where have you been, 90% of what she ever says is "hahaha yep, awww haha ooof yeah, yep. Good. Yep. awww ha"

https://twitter.com/Swery65/status/846590831628697600
Dunno about brad, but he seemed to be in the background even before all this.
Ah, the age old questions. What does Brad even do?
Walmart Toilet
Jeff is never going to retire and GBWest will eventually just be 108 year old Jeff playing the oldest games by himself in a dark room.
tumblr_n10fyuwpsS1r0xadao3_1280.jpg

Jeff: Chakan sucks.
Me: From memory, I agree

Jeff: X-Men and X-Men Clone Wars suck
Me: Maybe Chakan is good, actually

I played it for like 15 minutes and there's a decent amount going on. You unlock different weapons, the reagents you pick up combine into all sorts of potion effects. And you basically use the d-pad to attack, which is a unique twist that works decently well. Oh and you get infinite tries to gather reagents, but there's a limited time aspect. It's probably too much complexity for a 3 button game, but it's not as bad as I remember.

Man, if you want to listen to a bombcast that really goes off the rails.

06-26-2012
sure. I'm downloading now. Just reading the description and see Spencer's gift mentioned. One of my favorite bits is the introduction to the dlc dawnguard where they talk about buying vibrators at a Spencer's and there needs to be a dongguard. I must find the clip on YouTube now

UPF is definitely old and stale but West doesn't have anything else. Jeff sitting at home playing games from 30 years ago is dull, Demo Derby was really a Dan/Drew thing, and the rest have been dead for ages.

It feels like East is pulling along a corpse at the moment, to be honest.

I hope they hire new blood and come up with new premium content because at the moment I'm only watching East content.

UPF is definitely old and stale but West doesn't have anything else. Jeff sitting at home playing games from 30 years ago is dull, Demo Derby was really a Dan/Drew thing, and the rest have been dead for ages.

It feels like East is pulling along a corpse at the moment, to be honest.

I hope they hire new blood and come up with new premium content because at the moment I'm only watching East content.

no complaints about the content from Monday, Jeff played motherfucking UN Squadron

Yes, unlimited "gold" from East. Watching them clicking through dialogue options on Noctropolis, Alex stumbling through Mega Man games while Vinny and Dan chat in the background, and month 3 of their 2 year Yakuza playthrough are just all hitting high notes.

Red UFO

Yes, unlimited "gold" from East. Watching them clicking through dialogue options on Noctropolis, Alex stumbling through Mega Man games while Vinny and Dan chat in the background, and month 3 of their 2 year Yakuza playthrough are just all hitting high notes.
All premium content in the history of the site can be reduced to this if you want to. Not sure what your point is.

Until they get new hires, they should just replace UPF with game tapes. Brad and Jeff on nostalgia trips is always entertaining to watch and it would be a easy, chill way to end the week instead of them trudging through some random game.

Real Hero

And that's all he best stuff on the site...

All premium content in the history of the site can be reduced to this if you want to. Not sure what your point is.

That I still find the content put out by West as entertaining, if not more so than the East stuff? I don't see how what I said is more pointless than the other shit that gets talked about Giant Bomb content.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
sure. I'm downloading now. Just reading the description and see Spencer's gift mentioned. One of my favorite bits is the introduction to the dlc dawnguard where they talk about buying vibrators at a Spencer's and there needs to be a dongguard. I must find the clip on YouTube now

Oh it goes to so many other places other than that.

Another fun fact: the first appearance of bat vs knife.

hamchan

I can't tell if this is sarcasm because I would say the exact same sentence describing what each of the shows are and legitimately mean it to be the current high notes of Giant Bomb.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm because I would say the exact same sentence describing what each of the shows are and legitimately mean it to be the current high notes of Giant Bomb.

It is sarcasm, but feel free to interpret is as a positive review of those features that align with your own if it is to your liking.

Jintor

i'm wondering if i should wait the four-five months it'll take for me realistically to save up enough for a ps4, or just shrug and get a ps3 version of persona 5.

(or maybe I should just finish my japanese version)

Catvoca

Banned
i'm wondering if i should wait the four-five months it'll take for me realistically to save up enough for a ps4, or just shrug and get a ps3 version of persona 5.

The PS3 version is the exact same except for load times and stuff right? I don't think you're missing out by playing that one.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Wait, don't you work in law? It'll take that long to save up for a ps4?

The ps3 version send like it's basically the same so i wouldn't sweat getting it.

ferunnico

Neo Member
If they're gonna wait til the remake of Yakuza 1 comes out to start on that one, it's probably better that they do stretch it out.

That's coming out in the summer, right? If they focus on the main story and only do a couple of substories here and there they might be just about done when the remake comes out. It's probably better for them and the audience to have a break of a couple of weeks between the two games. And I think doing only one episode per week hurts the pacing of the story, which is already pretty slow sometimes.

Jintor

i mean, the thing is, i want a ps4.

yeah i work in law, but i work in beginner law, which is to say, shit pay high stress law (also I'm talking obeying my budgeting rules so I still have savings)

Top Bottom