• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

ferunnico

Neo Member
Is Persona 5 actually 100 hours long, or is that the playtime for crazy completionists? I don't feel like commiting to a game that long right now...

Still don't get Jeff's take on Sony's E3 conference. Last few conferences with indie developers showed that Sony was all about the games but because they had an orchestra and only Kojima now Arrogant Sony is back?

The conference was more games than ever before.

oti

Banned
This music's so gooooood.

Still don't get Jeff's take on Sony's E3 conference. Last few conferences with indie developers showed that Sony was all about the games but because they had an orchestra and only Kojima now Arrogant Sony is back?

Is he still going on about this? I legit don't get his point at all. All conferences should be like that from now on.

Hindl

I'm just gonna say this and you guys can proceed to hit me for it: Not really liking the music
Everything looks great

If the rest of the game is like that then I'd like it more than Persona 4.

I was bummed though, because apparently the composer took inspiration from acid jazz, so I looked some up hoping to find some good new music, but it's all pretty mediocre

Confession: I've never made it all the way through the P4 ER. I'm only on episode 72. I'll go a long time without watching any, then I'll watch a dozen episodes in a few days.

I know, forgive me for I have sinned.

Mupod

I hear it's definitely 70+

The other two were like that at least

yeah I definitely put over 70 into 3 and 4, and I didn't play them completionist style. I didn't even quite finish 4. Granted, a lot of that time was spent rerolling fusions for better skills, and in modern SMT/persona games that's not a thing anymore.

Going completionist on Persona means multiple playthroughs or following a guide for s-link time management. So it'd be more than 100 in that case, I'd bet.

Confession: I've never made it all the way through the P4 ER. I'm only on episode 72. I'll go a long time without watching any, then I'll watch a dozen episodes in a few days.

through sheer coincidence I stopped watching it around the same spot in the game I got derailed from my own playthrough, years prior. I've picked it up again recently. It was my go-to series to watch while exercising.

ferunnico

Neo Member
I hear it's definitely 70+

The other two were like that at least

I might just buy it in the summer then... wait, that's when Yakuza Kiwami comes out, which I have to play close to release to keep up with BitE. Well, maybe during the holiday season? But that's when I wanted to buy a Switch and play Zelda and Mario... speaking of holiday season; I just remembered I bought Dragon's Dogma and Tales of Symphonia during the last steam winter sale and have yet to play either of them. WHY ARE THERE SO MANY GREAT GAMES?!

I think I might be spending more time walking around virtual japan this year then I have walking around my own town.

I forgot if it was last year or the year before and Austin going "they had new stuff like Horizon, nostalgic stuff like Final Fantasy and Shenmue, current stuff like Uncharted ,all that cool indie stuff but it just wasn't varied enough and a bit one note"

Come on duder. What are you looking for here?

daveo42

Banned

Some of the middle videos have been a bit harder. The fusion and grinding episodes are blah mostly outside of a few great reactions or events. As with the game, I am way more interested in everything they do outside of the TV. I'm only in the 80s right now, so my thoughts on that might change.

Is Persona 5 actually 100 hours long, or is that the playtime for crazy completionists? I don't feel like commiting to a game that long right now...

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=15221 has the main story at just over 100 hours, though it's a real small sample at this point. Also, some supposedly beat it at about 56 hours? Persona 5 is supposed to be longer too. Tbh I have no clue how anyone beat P4G in less than 80 hours. I expect my playtime to come in at somewhere near my P3 FES time of 168 hours.

xuchu

I should probably rewatch the P4ER as well. Been some time. I've got 99 hours to spare (I don't but...)

99 hours 59 mins. They just couldn't have planned it any better unless that's the hard cap of the timer?

The quick look was great and brought back the hype for P5 again for me. Planning to watch the best of persona 4 endurance run before April 4th.

They really settled in to their ER rhythm in this quick look. Persona seems like the perfect series for ERs since there's so much to play off of and react to. I'd sacrifice half their current content for a P5 endurance run.

Curufinwe

It makes much more sense to play P5 as a premium feature, especially if they were going to try and do it with Jeff & Vinny on different coasts.

It means they don't have to get a video up every single week day.

It means people have to subscribe to watch it.

robotrock

Banned
I feel like having East to pick up for West's current "slack" makes sense though. With the frequency and amount of actual good content East is putting out on Giant Bomb at all, I think them alone makes for the most exciting Giant Bomb has been putting out since like 2012.

Assuming GB West actually picks up again when they start getting new blood in the office, Giant Bomb, I imagine it'll be the best time for Giant Bomb ever.

Salarians

it's him, it's the P5 protagonist

IBRIwfz.jpg

Top Bottom