• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

robotrock

Banned
does reddit compile all these answers at the end or something? trying to follow along but I keep rereading the same answers when I refresh the page. this site sucks

once they start answering questions, this will make it easier to read
KObnWWS.png

does reddit compile all these answers at the end or something? trying to follow along but I keep rereading the same answers when I refresh the page. this site sucks

Reddit blows. I've never understood that site at all, I've used it only a handful of times. For being one of the biggest sites around, it's insane how poorly put together it is.

If you're treating endurance run episodes where they dungeon, grind, and fuse as episodes you're supposed to be fully paying attention to, you're doing it wrong. Those are background podcast episodes.

Honestly that's useful information because I really didn't understand how people could just sit down and watch these things. I've been following along with Yakuza though and I think a big advantage is how I already played it so I could listen and get a good sense of what is going on then actually watch it when necessary.

oti

Banned
A lot of prep time for quick looks when I feel most Youtubers just turn on a camera and OBS/Xsplit and go from there.

That's what I told Vinny when he came here the last time. He said he's trying to assemble a kit that he can just give someone to record with no added fuss.

Reddit blows. I've never understood that site at all, I've used it only a handful of times. For being one of the biggest sites around, it's insane how poorly put together it is.

No auto-refresh. It's a terrible site that got popular somehow.

I mean it wasn't really designed for Q&As. Pretty sure there is a bot that compiles all the questions with links to each comment when they end.

Reddit is great in some ways. Imagine a OT for a game there vs here. Instead of the same question or thought being expressed over a hundred pages you can find the parent comment and see all the replies to it there. Unless you monitor the OT 24/7 you can miss a lot of great comments on GAF.

Megasoum

Banned
Hmmm it's only been Jeff so far... Where are the other two?

Edit Oh wait... It's because the Q&A filter doesn't work. Stupid website

ferunnico

Neo Member

It might not work well for this situation, but otherwise I never have any problems with Reddit. The comment hierarchy makes it easy to follow a discussion compared to a message board like GAF, where you have to quote a person to make it clear you're replying to them.

It's true! There are a lot of good tips and spoiler discussion in the Yakuza OT.

It might not work well for this situation, but otherwise I never have any problems with Reddit. The comment hierarchy makes it easy to follow a discussion compared to a message board like GAF, where you have to quote a person to make it clear you're replying to them.

Exactly what I was saying. Granted I don't use it as much as I used to. Now it's mostly sports Subreddits, Overwatch, movies, and ... Adult content.

Gandie

Given the video restrictions around that game right now, I'm really glad that we never once entertained the idea of doing this. The entire game blocks the PS4 screenshot/stream share functionality, it's insane. It's almost like they don't want people playing this one on the internet or something.
Anyway, I never had any real interest in doing this. It was a magical time and a magical place, and attempting to re-create it like this would probably only lead to disappointment on all sides. I'd hate to tarnish the Persona 4 stuff we did along the way.

On Persona 5 ER.

Notlikethis.gif

Mupod

Seriously what the fuck is up with that Taco Bell contest? Seems shady as hell

I bet nobody else actually even entered it, and it's all just a marketing thing with fake made-up people. The reason Dan wasn't added to it at first is because they weren't prepared for someone like that to actually exist.

On Persona 5 ER.

Notlikethis.gif

Does that matter when they have a system for capturing it though? Sounds like am excuse until he just straight out says he didn't want to do it.

It's really too bad. But then again I didn't watch P4 so maybe I don't get the idea of expectations or something.

Phatmac

I agree with Jeff. It's difficult to seperate yourself from the game itself and doing an ER for it would probably be dissapointing for everyone. I'd much rather have an ER for a different game like Yakuza. That would've been great with Vinny and Jeff.

ferunnico

Neo Member
Exactly what I was saying. Granted I don't use it as much as I used to. Now it's mostly sports Subreddits, Overwatch, movies, and ... Adult content.

Yup. I mostly stick to my list of subscribed subreddits nowadays. I used to browse r/all regularly, but instead of stumbling upon funny cat pictures and the occasional actually interesting post, I ended up spending most of my time getting angry and losing all faith in humanity. It has gotten a bit better lately after the election and now that you can filter subreddits from r/all, but subscribing to a bunch of subreddits and having your own frontpage is still the best way to use Reddit.

robotrock

Banned
Yup which is a shame because it ends really well. Not to depress you but the post credit cutscene is probably the best cutscene in the entire game aside from the ending.

yeah it's so goddamn good.
you guys....are the best ;((

Loaded up the game for the first time in a while because of the new patch, loooooooove how the title screen changed after beating the game. Soundtrack too good

Top Bottom