• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

6 minutes into this QL and I already know I'm going to buy P5 come Tuesday. I'm deep in Zelda, still haven't touched FFXV or The Last Guardian, Horizon is a lost cause, goddamnit.

I keep staring at the Persona 5 page on Amazon and cant decide if I want to buy it. Well, I WANT to buy it but I have so much other stuff to play. Im gonna try and finish Horizon by Saturday and then decide. I put 60 + hrs into PS4G and never finished it...maybe I should just go back to that.

hamchan

From the way the "creepy guy" talks in the flashback, I'm pretty sure the implication is that he's got political influence and police connections, which is probably why he got off scot-free and protag got boned.

I'm sure the creepy guy is actually some ancient evil thingy and he transferred his persona powers to you when you pushed him on the shoulder.

Bacon

Ok for real are you guys getting McDonald's ads scrolling up over the page navigation when browsing GAF on mobile?

Not mcdonalds ads but I've started getting super large intrusive ads on mobile every once in a while over the past couple days to the point where the site becomes unusable until I refresh.

Must...retain...blackout...must...be...STRONG...

Dan Ryckert from the AMA said:
One that I loved making, but everyone else seemed to hate was the Black Mesa Quick Look. Before we recorded it, I told Drew that there wouldn't be a whole lot to say other than "Yep, this seems like Half-Life with better graphics." I thought that instead, it would be funny to play through the whole Quick Look acting like we thought it was some random new game we found on Steam (even saying that the multiplayer felt like "a Counter-Strike ripoff"). It was really fun to make, but then we posted it and a bunch of people thought we were idiots who had never heard of Half-Life and as a result weren't fit to cover video games for a living. Sometimes jokes don't work!

I thought it was hilarious!

Smarks get a laugh!
Marks get trolled!

That's how it should be!

Zocano

Listening to the Bombcast and I want to chime in that I hate how there's the mentality of "game development is about a team so we aren't naming people" when every person in a team isn't the same.

A lead or director is more important than the people lower down the pole for the quality of the game since they are the ones okaying stuff. They also make more for that reason.

It's not that different from a director or an editor in a movie. A movie is also made by a team (a team just as big as some games at times) but saying that the light tech and the director contribute the same is dumb.

Anyway, we should name game directors and leads because they are important. They aren't replaceable cogs on a machine. And we are still aware the game is made by a lot of people but some people on the team are more important than others and that's okay.

Saying "it's about the team" then leads to situations like Andromeda where people read Bioware and assume it's the same people that made the original.

Rant over, but this annoys me a ton. Recognize individuals!!

....nah tho.

The Hidetaka Miyazaki dicksucking that encompasses nearly all Dark Souls discussion is one of the worst and most infuriating things about said discussion.

A creative lead is important but there are usually several of those, especially in larger teams where a single individual has far less impact to the overall project.

And from what I understand, it's a weird eastern vs western cultural thing to uphold a single individual as a creative leader on a team vs the team itself.

danm999

I mean learning the main writer from New Vegas was lead writer on Horizon Zero Dawn made me buy that game. Sometimes an individual can have an impact even in a large team.

A team making a game isnt an even split across the whole team. Some roles are more important. Lead designer, lead writer, lead animator etc...well have more weight on their shoulders and usually be able to craft the game more directly then random writer #3 or random animator #5 who are most likely following what to do.

Its why blaming one person is common.

KingKong

....nah tho.

The Hidetaka Miyazaki dicksucking that encompasses nearly all Dark Souls discussion is one of the worst and most infuriating things about said discussion.

A creative lead is important but there are usually several of those, especially in larger teams where a single individual has far less impact to the overall project.

And from what I understand, it's a weird eastern vs western cultural thing to uphold a single individual as a creative leader on a team vs the team itself.

if anything people don't praise Miyazaki enough

SomberOwl

60% How do I get into the industry/ Am I the new hire?
20% Persona 5 Endurance Run
15% What does Brad do all day?
5% Questions about dick sizes

So is the AMA mostly this?

I hope someone compiles some of the more interesting answers that are not just the above or dumb nonsense food questions etc.

....nah tho.

Sid Meier, Ken Levine, Jon Romero, etc.

The well-documented history of Demon's Souls.

Curufinwe

Some interesting perspective on P5.

https://twitter.com/RyougaSaotoe/status/847134901048692736

Also you're probably not gonna read a lot about this in mainstream press, but Persona 5 is extraordinarily biting toward some real world events in Japan that have been on the news over the past like, five or six years. It barely pretends to give a shit in terms of where its inspirations for conflict come from.

Some key characters might as well have their real names attached to them. It was actually pretty stunning how direct they were about a lot of that stuff. Unfortunately if you don't keep up with Japanese news in a long term way, none of that will register to you at all, and some of the scenarios might even seem over-the-top to you, but believe me, they aren't. lol

I know Jeff said they are not doing the ER because they don't want it to be a disappointment and tarnish their P4 run, but the P5 QL was the best video they've done for ages, so like just do it?

szlifier

Neo Member
I know Jeff said they are not doing the ER because they don't want it to be a disappointment and tarnish their P4 run, but the P5 QL was the best video they've done for ages, so like just do it?

It's crazy how good it is. There's something about Jeff & Vinny making fun of the dialog/scenes.

robotrock

Banned
yeah man. i totally didn't think a P5 ER would work either

but now that i've seen it

give it to me

Someone was talking about FFXV a few pages back. Man I love driving around this world and doing quests. Eos > BotW Hyrule.

Is the premium bombcast feed working for other people in PocketCasts?

I didn't try too hard last time I entered the feeds but no I couldn't get it to work. Might have done it wrong somehow though.

Is the P5 video not a skype thing

It could have been recorded when Jeff was out in NYC pre pax. Possibly even earlier since Drews account posted it I guess.

The press has has the game since mid February but it also sounds like Altus might have hooked them up a bit earlier then other outlets to

marrec

Banned
It could have been recorded when Jeff was out in NYC pre pax. Possibly even earlier since Drews account posted it I guess.

The press has has the game since mid February but it also sounds like Altus might have hooked them up a bit earlier then other outlets to

Nah it's made pretty clear that Jeff and Vinny are not in the same room for this QL.

P5 QL is solid gold. The commentary as well as the game itself are sooooo gooooooooooooood.
I'm a day into Stardew Valley and it's really giving me those warm fuzzy Harvest Moon vibes

It is Happiness: The Game, for sure.

...Alright, maybe not quite the highs of Kirby games, but it's close.

Wunder

So they did the beastcast, tokyo drift, and a persona 5 endurance run in one day?

It sounded very much like they were in the same room, I could be wrong though!

edit: relistening to the beginning, they might be in different rooms. I was bamboozled twice.

Gestahl

how're they gonna have jeff and vinny ERs though?

Two bit youtubers have been pulling cross country and continental videos together for over half a decade now and they have somehow managed. Obviously a game where only one person is controlling is a bit of a different beast, but they've been using the same excuse for so long that it's been ringing hollow for ages.

Top Bottom