• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

TraBuch

Banned
I agree with Jeff. It's difficult to seperate yourself from the game itself and doing an ER for it would probably be dissapointing for everyone. I'd much rather have an ER for a different game like Yakuza. That would've been great with Vinny and Jeff.

It's such a bullshit answer. It's like all those people that bitch about Hollywood remaking old classics because it somehow destroys the legacy of the original. Never figured Jeff to be the type of guy that's all like "Noooo, don't ruin the original by making a sequel!" A bad Persona 5 ER would do absolutely zero to hurt the Persona 4 ER. And the talk of weird screenshot/share blocks means nothing because they capture everything with their own equipment anyways.

Just come out and say "Fuck that, we don't have the time to make that kind of series now."

yeah it's so goddamn good.
you guys....are the best ;((

Loaded up the game for the first time in a while because of the new patch, loooooooove how the title screen changed after beating the game. Soundtrack too good

Yeah, just watched it again. Above and beyond every other cutscene in the game, going to return to that game during the summer probably once the sea of great games die down to play the dlcs.

Mr. F

Banned
The Persona 5 thing wasn't a cross-coast QL though. They recorded it while Jeff was in NY.

Oh I wasn't alluding to that, they've had a few others where they weee able to do cross coast, plus other features in general like us vs. them. I feel like it would go a long way to get more of that stuff going even once In a while

Eh, there's really nothing spoiled. Like, you can probalby watch it after you've played an hour.

Jeff mentioned on mixlr yesterday how he spent most of the day talking with a certain publisher about what's embargoed and what's not. TONS of restrictions(he didn't mention the game nor publisher but nothing big is out this week except for Persona 5).

If it wasn't a cross coast quick look then why did Jeff mention Drew commenting on something? It certainly sounded cross coast with Vinny just slightly behind.

It's such a bullshit answer. It's like all those people that bitch about Hollywood remaking old classics because it somehow destroys the legacy of the original. Never figured Jeff to be the type of guy that's all like "Noooo, don't ruin the original by making a sequel!" A bad Persona 5 ER would do absolutely zero to hurt the Persona 4 ER. And the talk of weird screenshot/share blocks means nothing because they capture everything with their own equipment anyways.

Just come out and say "Fuck that, we don't have the time to make that kind of series now."

I wonder how much time Jeff is spending on the hiring process.

TraBuch

Banned
Alright, so I started playing WoW again for the first time in years and it has me again and my sub expires on the sixth. But I've also been waiting for Persona 5 for years and it comes out on the 4th.

I'm in a quandary.

i'm pretty sure it was cross-coast. at the beginning the time is shown on the subway menu of P5 (actual real world time) and there is some confusion between vinny and jeff because they are in different timezones

Phatmac

Agreed. I wish he just said that he'd like to play it on his own time, but that probably won't happen. I never thought it would happen since Jeff has seemed lukewarm on the idea from the beginning.

Majine

Banned
Nice to hear from Jeff that financially Giant Bomb is doing better than ever.

Get those three new hires, and I think they could reach new heights.

Wunder

Alright, so I started playing WoW again for the first time in years and it has me again and my sub expires on the sixth. But I've also been waiting for Persona 5 for years and it comes out on the 4th.

I'm in a quandary.

give me your wow sub i'll play for 2 days

oti

Banned
Y28swyO.png
Correct answer.

I like EZA sometimes.

Rainmaker

Banned

alright

robotrock

Banned
Nice to hear from Jeff that financially Giant Bomb is doing better than ever.

Get those three new hires, and I think they could reach new heights.

Yeah I really think with how good Giant Bomb East is, getting those hires for West should be incredible for Giant Bomb as a whole.

daveo42

Banned
So anything good come out of that AMA outside of the shattering of ER dreams and Dan continuing to be a garbage human?

Jeff mentioned on mixlr yesterday how he spent most of the day talking with a certain publish about what's embargoed and what's not. TONS of restrictions(he didn't mention the game nor publisher but nothing big is out this week except for Persona 5).

I'm sure this is one of the prime reasons why and ER isn't happening. The stream block on the game itself is super weird and I'm sure after talking to Atlus, they had to table even the idea of an ER for the forseeable future. Atlus seems to want to keep the game locked up tight for as long as possible. Hopefully they'll lift all these restrictions after launch, but I somehow doubt it will happen.

Edit: Time/Place stuff on the side of GB makes some sense too, since you're basically trying to live up to the first series and it might come off as forced instead of fast, loose, and fun. The positives on the QL are probably thanks to the lack of obligation on managing an ER.

ev0

Vin Diesel thought he was too cool for sequels. Then sucked it up and those racing movies became the biggest, dumbest fun shit.

TraBuch

Banned
Someone ask Jeff why there's only been one Demo Derby since November. And then ask him if he'll send all the demo discs to the east coast so somebody will actually play them.

kiguel182

Listening to the Bombcast and I want to chime in that I hate how there's the mentality of "game development is about a team so we aren't naming people" when every person in a team isn't the same.

A lead or director is more important than the people lower down the pole for the quality of the game since they are the ones okaying stuff. They also make more for that reason.

It's not that different from a director or an editor in a movie. A movie is also made by a team (a team just as big as some games at times) but saying that the light tech and the director contribute the same is dumb.

Anyway, we should name game directors and leads because they are important. They aren't replaceable cogs on a machine. And we are still aware the game is made by a lot of people but some people on the team are more important than others and that's okay.

Saying "it's about the team" then leads to situations like Andromeda where people read Bioware and assume it's the same people that made the original.

Rant over, but this annoys me a ton. Recognize individuals!!

Strax

Listening to the Bombcast and I want to chime in that I hate how there's the mentality of "game development is about a team so we aren't naming people" when every person in a team isn't the same.

A lead or director is more important than the people lower down the pole for the quality of the game since they are the ones okaying stuff. They also make more for that reason.

It's not that different from a director or an editor in a movie. A movie is also made by a team (a team just as big as some games at times) but saying that the light tech and the director contribute the same is dumb.

Anyway, we should name game directors and leads because they are important. They aren't replaceable cogs on a machine. And we are still aware the game is made by a lot of people but some people on the team are more important than others and that's okay.

Saying "it's about the team" then leads to situations like Andromeda where people read Bioware and assume it's the same people that made the original.

As a film director I highly disagree with most of this post.

Directed by Hideo Kojima

justjim89

The circumstances around the P5 protagonist's arrest seems sketchy as fuck, especially since no one acknowledges them."This kid stopped a rich creepy guy from raping a lady! What a piece of shit!"

Guess Who

Banned
The circumstances around the P5 protagonist's arrest seems sketchy as fuck, especially since no one acknowledges them."This kid stopped a rich creepy guy from raping a lady! What a piece of shit!"

From the way the "creepy guy" talks in the flashback, I'm pretty sure the implication is that he's got political influence and police connections, which is probably why he got off scot-free and protag got boned.

Dude sounds like he has the links and is petty as fuck so i could see why the protag got the short end of the stick there.

Ashby

6 minutes into this QL and I already know I'm going to buy P5 come Tuesday. I'm deep in Zelda, still haven't touched FFXV or The Last Guardian, Horizon is a lost cause, goddamnit.

From the way the "creepy guy" talks in the flashback, I'm pretty sure the implication is that he's got political influence and police connections, which is probably why he got off scot-free and protag got boned.

^ Pretty much this. It makes alot of sense later in the game but that is non-spoilery jist of it.

bomma_man

Agreed.

Andromeda bioware is like the modern Beach Boys or something

Top Bottom