• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

The P5 QL is definitely cross coast and like I say it is prob the best GB of 2017 so far. They really need to reconsider this IMO. I would take the cancellation of UPF for 3 months if they devoted that time to recording the ER.

Come the fuck on guys.

marrec

Banned
The P5 QL is definitely cross coast and like I say it is prob the best GB of 2017 so far. They really need to reconsider this IMO. I would take the cancellation of UPF for 3 months if they devoted that time to recording the ER.

Come the fuck on guys.

100% agree... they really seemed like they were feeling it through the QL too.

Whateve's tho I don' t make their content. If they aren't feeling all that damn work I can't judge.

robotrock

Banned
Would you guys be cool if the P5 series wasn't an endurance run though and instead a beast in the east style format thing, with one two hour episode a week?

remember that time on Demo Derby where Drew said they could Skype Dan in and that was Dan's last Demo Derby appearance

don't get your hopes up

I should say, I don't expect the ER to ever be done but I feel like its a big misstep in terms of not giving the audience what they want.

Hopefully Shenmue 2 is this year.

FYI I am pretty sure Igor's voice actor got changed because his original Japanese VO died and I guess if they where changing him in Japan maybe they where asked to change him in the west too.

Would you guys be cool if the P5 series wasn't an endurance run though and instead a beast in the east style format thing, with one two hour episode a week?

The GBeast Yakuza Series gambit is already dumb enough.

Persona 5 at 2 hours a week would take over a year and about as efficient as the original "lets play Persona 4 15 minutes at a time" pitch. You would also have weeks / a month or more where noting but grinding happened.

Better than nothing but there is something beautiful about the ER format, it gets me very invested in Giant Bomb in a way almost none of their other content does.

Someone was talking about FFXV a few pages back. Man I love driving around this world and doing quests. Eos > BotW Hyrule.

I didn't try too hard last time I entered the feeds but no I couldn't get it to work. Might have done it wrong somehow though.

Its been working for me for years, just last night I didnt get the new podcast like usual.

No one else seems to be talking about it, so its gotta just be something on my end though.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
In retrospect, it is kind of hilarious that they literally start the game up, play the first hour+23, didn't get to anything significant re: combat or even social links....and then that's it.

That's pretty silly, from a 'trolling the people who want an ER' perspective.

Gestahl

In retrospect, it is kind of hilarious that they literally start the game up, play the first hour+23, didn't get to anything significant re: combat or even social links....and then that's it.

They end it at almost the worst possible moment they could have chose too

If you're interested in the actual game mechanics, yeah it's an awful QL, but as a follow-up to the P4 ER and as a spoiler-free glimpse at the game, it is perfect.

Like, the general vibe I'm getting from the game is "stylish sequel to P4" which is all I needed to know. Doing sequels right is... a surprisingly difficult thing to do.

robotrock

Banned
P4 ER was like two months after the game came out. when games start chilling out release wise in the summer, maybe when they finish that yakuza 0. a persona 5 series, ER or not, would be swell.

What's the distinction? I've been wondering.

ERs are traditionally shorter episodes posted daily in which they achieve ~1 goal and call it a day. Works well for games that have in game clocks and diary structure.

Playthroughs are generally 1-2hr+ videos posted every week and often streamed live on the internet with chat interaction.

Yakuza kind of melds the two.

Wunder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgKAFK5djSk

P4 ER was like two months after the game came out. when games start chilling out release wise in the summer, maybe when they finish that yakuza 0. a persona 5 series, ER or not, would be swell.

Maybe once all the hires are out of the way and taking up video production for two coasts for X hours a day won't be a huge hit. I'd love to see it happen, even if it takes a year god damnit

Watching an old demo derby and Dan and Jeff claiming nobody wants Crash Bandicoot is hilarious. They are in for a rude awakening. It will sell well over a million in Europe alone.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, I don't need a P5 ER now. Could be cool if it happens later down the line but nope. I'ma play that shit.

Watching an old demo derby and Dan and Jeff claiming nobody wants Crash Bandicoot is hilarious. They are in for a rude awakening. It will sell well over a million in Europe alone.

I can understand that sentiment though. Mascot platformers are old games for old people and does not need to exist anymore.

Wunder

Yea it definitely does! I need to pick that up again, I am in the middle of the first winter. Such a great game though, haven't enjoyed a farming game since harvest moon 64

That's where I dropped off. I had cleared the mines by that point and was struggling to find things to do to pass the time without wasting the days away. Combined with wracking my brain trying to think up how I wanted to structure my farm for Spring, I just eventually stopped playing.

efwvu7p.png

Top Bottom