• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

ef4bufv.png

EPISODE 02 - AUSTRALIAN GP 2017
Away we go! The first race of the season is in our rear view mirrors, and it leaves us with questions, answers, and that sweet In-N-Out special sauce.

robotrock

Banned
I still have yet to watch the Film and 40s of Fast Five yet, but I ended up shedding a few tears when
Vin Diseal gave Paul Walker that speech about he's not going to be like Vin Diseal's dad who was never there for him.

Mupod

Their reaction to Igor's voice in the P5 quicklook lmao

I need an ER of this, but of course everyone does

I did a double take because it's the same voice actor as Tichondrius in WoW: Legion (and some other NPCs). But it even has a similar modulation on the voice. Example: https://youtu.be/H0PikCOO5As

Dub seems alright, a lot of the usual suspects of anime game dubs. Michael McConnohie and Jamieson Price are always good. Probably still gonna play in JP voice though.

edit: damn, DC Douglas right as I said that. Hmm...

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I've gravitated towards "If the dub is good, dub over sub." after being a hardline sub guy.

Not reading text all the time immerses me more into the game.

Since it doesn't look like they are doing a Quick Look for MLB The Show 17 (they typically do one on release day), I wonder if Jeff will check out Retro Mode on UPF this week. He seemed hyped on it when it was announced at PSX last year.

Jintor

Only watched 18 min so for but this would is real fucking good.

It hurts not getting another Vinny/Jeff er. The chemistry is so good

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Persona seems cool but i actively hate turn-based combat

does that super easy mode just make the combat automatic or something

Nerokis

The P5 QL is definitely cross coast and like I say it is prob the best GB of 2017 so far. They really need to reconsider this IMO. I would take the cancellation of UPF for 3 months if they devoted that time to recording the ER.

Come the fuck on guys.

I don't know that this is a "come the fuck on" situation. I'm sure a P5 ER would be fantastic content, but it would also be a massive commitment, and chances are the logistics just aren't conducive to making it happen. Jeff and Vinny are also in different places in their lives, and it wouldn't surprise me if neither of them were in the mood to go through a massive JRPG in the fashion an ER calls for, if at all.

Basically, like Jeff said in the AMA, the P4 ER happened at a particular time and place. As much as I'd love to experience the P5 version of that, and it would be great if it happened, I'd be more than understanding of a decision not go that route.

Curufinwe

Consumers like Brad telling creators like Naughty Dog their game doesn't "need" a sequel without any knowledge about what story they are going to tell is so arrogant. Let the game come and out and at lest read the plot summary on Wikipedia before being so oddly adamant about how a thing should not exist.

That's where I dropped off. I had cleared the mines by that point and was struggling to find things to do to pass the time without wasting the days away. Combined with wracking my brain trying to think up how I wanted to structure my farm for Spring, I just eventually stopped playing.

Yea I could definitely see that. I was in a similar spot but was working on making a bunch of kegs since I have a ridiculous amount of hops. Was gonna save up to repair the bus and get to the desert! I was also avoiding restructuring my farm even though it needed it haha. Great game though, definitely would like to get back to it at some point.

Would you guys be cool if the P5 series wasn't an endurance run though and instead a beast in the east style format thing, with one two hour episode a week?

I would take a GB P5 playthrough in any format. They need to do this :(

Consumers like Brad telling creators like Naughty Dog their game doesn't "need" a sequel without any knowledge about what story they are going to tell is so arrogant. Let the game come and out and at lest read the plot summary on Wikipedia before being so oddly adamant about how a thing should not exist.

yeah, seriously.

robotrock

Banned

Nah. I'll let the game prove to me that it's a worthy sequel when it comes out. After Uncharted 4 with the dumb brother character introduction, I have little to no faith in Naughty Dog in making a worthy sequel to TLOU.

I don't really think Brad was arrogant in that segment either. Both him and Greg fully admitted they were going to play it when it comes out, and are even excited to do so.

Though I too would prefer a world with a P5 ER over one without it, they answered it pretty definitively in the AMA, so I think we ought to let it rest.

lol oh man, watching the early parts of Persona 5 in the quick look...watching him go through the train station trying to find the connecting line. Giving me flashbacks to my trip to Japan, because soooo much of it was riding trains and trying to find my next line lol.

KingKong

The new Dark Souls 3 DLC is really good and seems pretty lengthy. It also reminds me of how great Dark Souls 3 feels to play, it's actually somehow become underrated

the year of good games continues

Kimaka

I've missed Jeff/Vinny.

Person 5 looks really good and I'm rethinking my decision to wait on it. There are too many good games that I want to play this year.

Hindl

Watching the P5 QL made me restart the P4 endurance run, and man it's funny hearing them at the beginning when they know nothing about it.

Also, a P5 ER is dead. They've had this game for a while, and they both said they wanted to keep playing it. I'm sure they've at least played beyond the QL in the time between recording and now. And they aren't going to replay those areas just to start an ER, in addition to the rest of the issues

Gobias

Banned
Watching the P5 QL made me restart the P4 endurance run, and man it's funny hearing them at the beginning when they know nothing about it.

I think I might just start a 3rd watch tonight while procrastinating my final college paper that is due tomorrow

Fuck that Persona 5 QL was damn amazing. Gave me nostalgia about their Legendary P4 ER. Please, please do a Let's Play of this or something! I'd take a Dan and Vinny playthrough. Their commentary and jokes were on point.

Just makes me more sad we won't ever get one...

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Also, a P5 ER is dead. They've had this game for a while, and they both said they wanted to keep playing it. I'm sure they've at least played beyond the QL in the time between recording and now. And they aren't going to replay those areas just to start an ER, in addition to the rest of the issues

Easy.

Have 2 newcomers play the game.

Dan/Alex Persona
1-5
ER coming soon!

robotrock

Banned
I can't really think of that many big releases in the winter this year. Are all the titles front loaded this year?

Destiny 2
Red Dead Redemption 2
Mario
COD WWII
Battlefront 2

I think it's definitely front loaded for me personally but those games are probably going to be pretty big

Top Bottom