• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Jintor

everything about this ql hurts because of how fucking perfect it feels as an er

it's so good. jeff and vinny riffing in exactly the right ways

convo

everything about this ql hurts because of how fucking perfect it feels as an er

it's so good. jeff and vinny riffing in exactly the right ways

It felt exactly like the beginning of the P4 ER. And they knew exactly how imprtant of a QL it was, heaven and earth was moved to make it happen. And that much is good enough, they don't need to feel the pressure of more than half a decade of people asking for a P5 ER. It's a shame about any Jeff and Vinny stuff but Beast in the east should be everything a ER should be.

Jintor

this first hour or so has also really sold me on the english version. Sojiro's a bit gruff but the va is pretty decent so far, the translation hits the P4 vibes, it's all mixing nicely.

It's also interesting seeing the translation compared to my crappy own translation. I missed a lot of nuance, lmao.

huh. Ryuuji's voice is pretty interesting.

Jintor

Hmmm... what's on my docket for the rest of the year?

Persona 5 (eng)
Splatoon 2

honestly, that's it for stuff I know of right now I think. The rest is gonna be surprises or word of mouth sensations i guess.

Gandie

I just see no reason for them not to do an ER. It wouldn't have to be daily, if they can't fit it into their schedule. But this QL shows that it would absolutely work.

I am excited for Steamworld Dig 2

I want to give Prey a go as well, although not sure. I really like the style of combat in games like Bioshock, but no game seems to get that right for me. Prey might just be that game.

I would also buy a bunch of indie stuff on Switch if they will just release it. I am a handheld only Switch player. I would kill for Spelunky on that thing.

i mean, the reason is jeff doesn't want to and that's fine.

doesn't mean i can't be sad about it

Yep. It really sucks for the people who want it, but I can't imagine it'd be a great feature if their hearts aren't in it.

Then again, Ryan didn't want to drink anonymous breast milk and it was incredible when he did it. They're basically the same thing, right?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yep. It really sucks for the people who want it, but I can't imagine it'd be a great feature if their hearts aren't in it.

Then again, Ryan didn't want to drink anonymous breast milk and it was incredible when he did it. They're basically the same thing, right?

Yes persona 5 is the breast milk of videogames.

Put that on the box, atlus.

Dany

Banned
Starting Film and 40's series. WHY DIDN"T I DO THIS SOONER.
tbh Alex has really grown as one of my favorite GB persons. At first I really had a hard time listening to him, from gamespot even. But idk what has really changed with him or me but I really look forward to any content with him now. happy about that.

Starting Film and 40's series. WHY DIDN"T I DO THIS SOONER.
tbh Alex has really grown as one of my favorite GB persons. At first I really had a hard time listening to him, from gamespot even. But idk what has really changed with him or me but I really look forward to any content with him now. happy about that.

Yeah, I've never been too hot on Alex, but he shines as a third man. I think he's just too dour for me to enjoy in 2 man scenarios, but it's a great dynamic between Alex, Vinny and Dan (and Austin for the two seconds he was there).

I need to watch Jeff's old games stream. I caught the start of it but I had log off to work in other things.

A great way to chill. The old games are the best games.

Way off topic and nobody probably cares. But, I got my skateboard setup completed today and have been riding around campus as much as I can. I guess the first test for how committed I am to this is once I fall.

This is a 10 year old deck that I got when I was a kid but never used. Anybody who watched Rob & Big back im the day should recognize the design.

That looks great. I tried skating when I was a kid but after falling several times I said fuck this and never looked back.

I would actually take a Film & 40s: Keanu series later in the year, like they've done with Fast and Furious.

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

Point Break

Speed

The Matrix

A Scanner Darkly

John Wick

John Wick 2

Gestahl

Translating "sewa ni narimasu" or whatever it was in Japanese in the P5 quicklook to "please take care of me" was some wack shit. That's like one of the most bog standard Japanese expressions, in the vein of "I'm in your care/debt" and they made it sound so fucking weird and infantile.

Dany

Banned
Translating "sewa ni narimasu" or whatever it was in Japanese in the P5 quicklook to "please take care of me" was some wack shit. That's like one of the most bog standard Japanese expressions, in the vein of "I'm in your care/debt" and they made it sound so fucking weird and infantile.

The translators are having their fun.

Mupod

Yeah, I certainly don't understand much Japanese but that expression is so commonplace that even I was weirded out by that translation.

I feel like the P5 translation is 85% nailing it, 10% eh, 5% 'wut'

after Yakuza 0 my standards might be too high.

Gestahl

I feel like the P5 translation is 85% nailing it, 10% eh, 5% 'wut'

I think I died a little inside when Ryuji said Ka mo SHEEE da

But really based on the quicklook my biggest issue besides some of the more literal translation issues (taking the sasuga's (as expected) and shikatanai's (it can't be helped) and leaving them in their most awkward, almost transliterated forms) is that there seems to be a lot of hesitation in the voice acting. Like a lot of the cast, particularly the older characters since they have to pay more attention to sounding gruff or mature, aren't entirely sure what they should be feeling at any given time so you hear a lot of weird fluctuations even in a single dialogue. Sojiro's actor was pretty good, but sometimes he sounded more annoyed and pissed off in his most benign lines compared to when he's actually a curmudgeon

Top Bottom