• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
What the fuck is with GameStop being unable to reveal when shipments are anticipated or how many units they contain? Do I just need to call literally every day? Is that the plan? If I hear their little speech about trade ins a dozen times while trying to get a Switch it will work on my subconscious?

ferunnico

Neo Member
I was skeptical about F&F 6 at first, but that last half hour was amazing! Like Dan, I too finally understand why Jeff and Alex love the timeline and retconning stuff. They really tried to make the most out of this series.

Ah shit, did I miss something great?

I had to leave the house once they got to Eos

The second half of the stream is pretty much gold.

oam4swb.gif

c3JEug5.png

Yup, my experience too.

The review can't come soon enough.

pizzacat

Banned
Spoiler culture has gone too far
Idk about that. But alex seems like some kind of 1920s villain who brings up a film and 40s segment with this brilliant plot about cars and engaged with the community to have them watch it too, just so he can shit on anyone trying to enjoy the movie too?

I guess now I know the type of guy alex is smh

Zaph

it's a bit annoying for sure, but you can't really be surprised people drinking get slightly loose with their tongue.

Gonna claim this as my avatar if everyone is cool with it?

Also am I losing my mind or did they not talk about Yooka Laylee in the Beastcast even though Vinny mentions it in the description? Was it brief?

Dan talked about it for a bit, but could only talk about the preview stuff... He said it's exactly what you think it will be. I bet they talk more about it after it comes out.

def sim

A chunk of my 10 hour Andromeda trial was spent on making a character not look unpleasant in any way. Looking fine during character creation is not a guarantee whatsoever. I eventually settled for default Sara Ryder because, if I'm going to look goofy no matter what, I'd rather be #onbrand goofy.

kai3345

Banned
if you were showing a friend the mass effect series, and he got super into the characters in 1 and then as he moved on to 2, another friend of yours was just like "HEY BY THE WAY
GARRUS
IS THE ARCHANGEL" you'd probs be pretty annoyed

Wait, did Alex spoil something about 7 or about 6? Because if it's the latter, then I didn't notice.
he's spoiled a number of surprise reveals throughout the series.
vin diesel's appearance in tokyo drift, letty "coming back to life", tokyo drift being in the future

That, and the plot in these movies barely matters anyway.
vinny and dan have said that all of the interconnecting lore tying the movies together is one of the bigger reasons they're enjoying the series. so seeing a lot of that get pointlessly ruined is kind of a bummer

ArjanN

if you were showing a friend the mass effect series, and he got super into the characters in 1 and then as he moved on to 2, another friend of yours was just like "HEY BY THE WAY
GARRUS
IS THE ARCHANGEL" you'd probs be pretty annoyed

To be fair it's not like that was an amazing revelation either since they didn't bother to give Garrus a personality until ME2.

which version of fast five do i need to watch? i ripped my bluray years ago (and subsequently got rid of it) but i'm not sure if it is the right one. maybe someone can just link me to a paid rental of the right thing? thx in advance

i know it's extended, i just remember reading someone saying it was out of sync in places or something

kai3345

Banned
Tokyo Drift being in the future is now considered a spoiler?
You are all out of your minds.

it's not a "spoiler" per se, but watching 4 and having that "oh shit" realization that they were actually gonna do this big dumb split timeline thing simply to justify the existence of a single character was an awesome moment

I am excited for them to play PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds on UPF... if they do it. Shit gets real when you are on a airplane with 95 other people shouting obscenities

So do you think Mass Effect is on the shelf once the Andromida DLC plan is done?

That would be a shame.

Also I wonder what the Dragon Age team is gonna do long term. Smoke on the street is more Dragon Age is coming but I dont see that being a franchise long for this world too

Wunder

So do you think Mass Effect is on the shelf once the Andromida DLC plan is done?

That would be a shame.

Also I wonder what the Dragon Age team is gonna do long term. Smoke on the street is more Dragon Age is coming but I dont see that being a franchise long for this world too

they should re-reboot it in 5 years in the milky way galaxy and let you play as a fucking turian

they should re-reboot it in 5 years in the milky way galaxy and let you play as a fucking turian

If anything, lets say Andromida sells "OK" and they go head with a sequel I see them totally sticking to the Andromida galaxy but TNG-ing it and setting it 100 or more years in the future and everything has advanced to the point where its basically like old ME with its space politics and not the stranger in a strange land Star Trek Voyager thing they tried.

Wunder

If anything, lets say Andromida sells "OK" and they go head with a sequel I see them totally sticking to the Andromida galaxy but TNG-ing it and setting it 100 or more years in the future and everything has advanced to the point where its basically like old ME with its space politics and not the stranger in a strange land Star Trek Voyager thing they tried.

Yeah that works too. Make the human pathfinder some myth or something and just move on from that whole section.

oti

Banned

That would be a shame.

They didn't prove that Mass Effect needs to exist at this point. I'd say the same about Halo and Gears. Heck, I'd say the same about Uncharted if the writing in 4 wasn't so much better/different than in the trilogy.

I wish and I hope we'll move on from saying games are good because they offer the same old mechanic of building up a charscter/world and instead focus more on the question whether a game is worth your time or not, whether is brings something new to the table, tries different things.

Video games shouldn't aspire to be Star Wars TFA.

I wouldn't mind if they stuck with the Andromeda system, but focused the story around the aliens on the arks that didn't make in the first game. I don't always want to play as a human. Some kind of choice would be nice.

It took, what, 600 years for the Ai arks to reach their destination? Most of the current cast would be dead already, so there's no need for cameos and what not.

Top Bottom