• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

ferunnico

Neo Member
Wait, did Alex spoil something about 7 or about 6? Because if it's the latter, then I didn't notice.

he's spoiled a number of surprise reveals throughout the series.
vin diesel's appearance in tokyo drift, letty "coming back to life", tokyo drift being in the future

I don't know, I'm usually pretty fussy about spoilers and maybe I just didn't pay close enough attention, but all of these reveals still worked for me and it seems like they did for Vinny and Dan as well. So far, Alex's commentary has not diminished my enjoyment of the series. I agree that it wouldn't hurt if he instead said "just keep watching" more often, though.

I don't know, I'm usually pretty fussy about spoilers and maybe I just didn't pay close enough attention, but all of these reveals still worked for me and it seems like they did for Vinny and Dan as well. So far, Alex's commentary has not diminished my enjoyment of the series. I agree that it wouldn't hurt if he instead said "just keep watching" more often, though.

Or he could just not say anything, because saying "just keep watching" implies that's there's something about to happen, which can also spoil the impact of the upcoming moment.

Erekiddo

Huh. Try sideloading this, and see if it works.

I've been having trouble watching videos with the app, but downloading the app itself is fine.

Yes! Thank you. This works.

No idea why the app page says my device is incompatible. It's showing up as an 'Nvidia Shield Android TV" when your image just shows "Nvidia Shield". That's the only difference I see.

o8lt4Sz.png

I installed Sideload Launcher so I can quickly access the Giant Bomb app. I wanted an icon on the main page, but it's better than nothing.

ferunnico

Neo Member
Or he could just not say anything, because saying "just keep watching" implies that's there's something about to happen, which can also spoil the impact of the upcoming moment.

I'm mostly talking about moments when Dan and Vinny are asking for clarification and Alex maybe says more than is necessary. Saying "just keep watching" would be ambiguous enough for me in those cases.

I've known all the major strokes of the fast and furious series for years from listening to Giant Bomb and I only started watching the movies with the f&40s series. Anyone consuming Giant Bomb content should have been spoilt a million times over by now. Jeff talks about Han a lot.

KillerAJD

So dirt racing came out on iRacing the other day, and I've lived around dirt racing my whole life (My dad actually raced at the race track Jeff mentions sometimes, Petaluma Speedway, for a bunch of years, and now oversees the concession stands there), so, I was suitably excited for it. I've generally used paint schemes based on my dad's car, but it's pretty plain and boring, so I made some Giant Bomb paint schemes that look a bit more interesting. I'll throw them up on Trading Paints if anybody is interested. Wish Drew was around to check 'em out if he's still playing iRacing :(

Dirt Late Model

305/360 Winged Sprint Car

410 Winged Sprint Car

Dirt Legends Car

Curufinwe

I'm mostly talking about moments when Dan and Vinny are asking for clarification and Alex maybe says more than is necessary. Saying "just keep watching" would be ambiguous enough for me in those cases.

(Halfway thru Star Wars) Do we ever find out who Luke Skywalker's father is?

He's a major character we've already met, and he's not a good guy. I'll just leave it at that.

Hindl

Damn Jeff just showing the Master Sword location right off the bat

And yeah, I agree with Jeff. I loved Zelda when I was out exploring the world. When I got to the story stuff I wasn't enjoying it as much

The amount of salt April fools produces is kind of amazing. I don't know whose saltier: The people in here sad about someone other then themselves being spoiled about a what 2 year old movie or the salt in all the April fools threads. I do enjoy this holiday for all the fake stuffs.

Damn Jeff just showing the Master Sword location right off the bat

And yeah, I agree with Jeff. I loved Zelda when I was out exploring the world. When I got to the story stuff I wasn't enjoying it as much
What? Really?

Bad form, Jeff.
They didn't prove that Mass Effect needs to exist at this point. I'd say the same about Halo and Gears. Heck, I'd say the same about Uncharted if the writing in 4 wasn't so much better/different than in the trilogy.

I wish and I hope we'll move on from saying games are good because they offer the same old mechanic of building up a charscter/world and instead focus more on the question whether a game is worth your time or not, whether is brings something new to the table, tries different things.

Video games shouldn't aspire to be Star Wars TFA.

Mass Effect is a setting ripe for exploration, though. The most critically-acclaimed game in the series, Mass Effect 2, was a full-fledged sidequest with next-to-nothing to do with the greater Reaper or Shepard storylines. (And it also works against the narrative cohesion of the entire series, but that's a different discussion.) Like, there's no reason why it needs to be limited to a trilogy at all.

It's all about whether Bioware can focus on the aspects of ME that people want to see. A Turian Citadel detective, for instance.

And I can't agree with the "value games for X or Y" argument, because there's just too many tastes, interests, and values floating around to have any kind of objective measure of a good game. Like, I don't think ME:A is a good game because of it's bugs and general wonkiness; but at the same time, I can forgive all of Deadly Premonition's bugs and wonkiness because I think it is a good game. This kind of stance doesn't make sense, and yet it's the only way games can be.

Hindl

As someone who hadn't played the game, I had no idea that's what that area was until you mentioned it, tbh. :p

Ah sorry, it was in the middle of the shot the entire time so I figured people might notice

Oh man Neo Turf Masters looks awesome

Also Brad continues his tradition of wanting people to spend money on stream

At the risk of sounding dismissive, is Neo Turf Masters just* a regular golf game, but with the mid-90s SNK style?

*I mean, insofar as you can apply "just" to the mid-90s SNK style.

patapuf

They could have made andromeda interesting by taking advantage of a setting where you colonize a new galaxy.

Instead they carried over so much from the original trilogy including the citadel and a misterious ancient alien race as the bad guys that you wonder why they bothered with a new setting at all. Doesn't help that execution is worse to boot.

Halo 4 and 5 have similar problems. They had an opportunity to tell new stories but they chose to stick to spartans and cortana.

ect.

Final Fantasy has 15 entries because they toss aside almost everything for every game. Nintendo reinvents their old series too after a Formula gets too stale. If you don't people will eventually get tired of the formula.

Hindl

At the risk of sounding dismissive, is Neo Turf Masters just* a regular golf game, but with the mid-90s SNK style?

*I mean, insofar as you can apply "just" to the mid-90s SNK style.

Yeah, but the courses also can get pretty weird and the wind can be hard, it's slightly more arcadey with different controls than your average golf game

Gilzor

Okay, these last several minutes have totally convinced me to pick this Neo Geo golf game up on my Switch. It looks really lovely, for want of a better description.

Top Bottom