• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Wow, that's surprising news about Persona 5. Even if Jeff wanted to do that shit they couldn't. That's funny.

They probably could, but they'd probably either get a cease and desist and/or blacklisted.

(Can Japanese Copyright laws be applied to a US company? Maybe a strike against CBS and CBS would force them to take it down? The only reason Youtube does it, is because they're scared of legal action so they'd rather relent than to fight back)

Wunder

I like your avatar. Night of the Stormrider is my favorite IE album!

I'm glad they haven't taken any calls today. I really don't care what joe blow wants to know about breaking into the video games business.

but all the previous Q&A UPFs have been decent/good?

daveo42

Banned
Well damn. I knew one of the smaller reasons why the Persona 5 ER isn't happening was due to Altus' streaming restrictions, but it seems like those will be permanent, even for sites like Giant Bomb. What a bunch of bullshit.

I was going to call in specificly to see if they would comment on the restriction.

StoveOven

Banned
The movie was losing me for the first half, but holy shit does F&F 6 get stupid and great. And that stinger had jumping out of my seat.

Beast crew's excitement at the F&F 6 finale is just super infectious. Forgot about
how Gal Gadot's character goes out.

It is the best climax of the entire series. The whole team working together. Justin Lin knows how the balance the ensemble and give everyone time to shine. Also
Wrestling! Harpoons! Engine turbines!

Nerokis

I don't know how to put into words what I'm feeling right now after finishing Film & 40s.

How come I'm feeling emotional after watching a Fast and Furious movie? How is this a thing that is possible?

Time travel. Shakespeare. Church. Family. Tokyo. 1327.

It's all a little much to bear right now. Just a little much to bear.

robotrock

Banned
I don't know how to put into words what I'm feeling right now after finishing Film & 40s.

How come I'm feeling emotional after watching a Fast and Furious movie? How is this a thing that is possible?

thirteen

twenty-seven

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I do have a desire to playthrough Andromeda someday, but at $30 or less and it has to be a complete collection game + DLC.

why

this is why these awful busted sequels wind up doing well and encouraging these releases. because people say 'well i still wanna see it!'

Teddified

why

this is why these awful busted sequels wind up doing well and encouraging these releases. because people say 'well i still wanna see it!'

Eh I'd have enough fun messing around with it for cheap. So that if I don't wanna play all the way through it at least I bought it a year later and for way cheaper.

Megasoum

Banned
End of F&F 6 spoiler

Are we actually supposed to know that Jason Statham is Shaw's brother by that point? I thought it was something your learned in 7 "à la" Die Hard 3.

End of F&F 6 spoiler

Are we actually supposed to know that Jason Statham is Shaw's brother by that point? I thought it was something your learned in 7 "à la" Die Hard 3.

If they said something about it during 6 I missed it, but whatever, not a huge deal.

The stinger at the end of 6 is so good, but I can't help feel like Furious 7
really didn't pay off :( I don't know if it's because of the rewrites they had to do from Paul Walker's death...but that movie was such a disappointment after the awesomeness of 5 and 6. It just felt disjointed and confusing.

Megasoum

Banned
The stinger at the end of 6 is so good, but I can't help feel like Furious 7
really didn't pay off :( I don't know if it's because of the rewrites they had to do from Paul Walker's death...but that movie was such a disappointment after the awesomeness of 5 and 6. It just felt disjointed and confusing.

Yeah I don't remember much about 7 except drones and the Dubai bit

Man the way they handled the tribute is top notch tho... Really great stuff.

I also love the song

This one is you for, Brad:

1c235d582208d5e2d90250049e85106d.jpg

dfcmhrjj_142c3w76qg8_b.jpg

Starcraft turrets are manned by a man.
(From the SC Remastered thread.)

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

Gird yourself for next week and bring Kleenex.

Teddified

Man this Post apocalypse discussion Vinny really needs to play/finish Horizon I think he'd love the story.

Edit: I love firefly so much

I just finished listening to the F&F6 podcast.

Guys. Someone needs to put a video of the movie playing alongside the podcast on youtube of the part of the stinger at the end. Seriously. That shit was gold.

J_Viper

I expected the worse before watching those Destiny 2 teasers, but I actually though they were pretty well done.

I see the Borderlands comparison, but wasn't anywhere near as irritating as those games could get in their promotional material.

I'll certainly take this tone over the bland cardboard that was the first game. Hell, Fillion and Reddick seem to have had more fun with their lines here than in the entirety of the previous game.

Wow, that's surprising news about Persona 5. Even if Jeff wanted to do that shit they couldn't. That's funny.

They probably could, but they'd probably either get a cease and desist and/or blacklisted.

(Can Japanese Copyright laws be applied to a US company? Maybe a strike against CBS and CBS would force them to take it down? The only reason Youtube does it, is because they're scared of legal action so they'd rather relent than to fight back)

wait, what is this now? What did I miss?

I think 6 might be my favorite of the F&Fs so far.

It is the most exciting and action packed F&F for sure. Justin Lin knows how to work the ensemble cast and create action set pieces where they all have a part to play and have time to shine. The ending sequence is one of the best team working together set pieces ever.

That's what I really missed in F7. James Wan didn't work the ensemble cast in as well as Justin did. Too often it veered into being just the Dom show where ultimately he's the only one who
faces off against Statham even though it's supposed to be revenge for the family.

wait, what is this now? What did I miss?

Jeff said that video restrictions sounded like they don't want people playing the whole game and uploading on the internet, ever.

It's not just exclusive to Atlus. Most Koei games if you try to stream, for example, will automatically be muted.

It's a combination of the acting companies/unions over there, and the music artists which tend to have extremely strict rules.

The P4 ER luckily came at a time where streaming wasn't really a viable front, and usually contracts didn't account for it. It seems to be mainly a Japanese thing that bigger Japanese companies enforce?

Top Bottom