• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Having finished Nier Automata, that final ending really elevates it because I was ready to call it pretty disappointing before that last sequence. It's still not as good of a game as the first Nier, but Yoko Taro did some neat stuff here.

Jeff isn't wrong with his impression that this is a mid-tier Platinum game when it comes to the combat either. The fighting got stale pretty quickly for a game that is pretty long.

god i could listen to vinny talk about the rock's muscles all day

'that shirt is painted on'

holy shit i can't stop laughing at his bewilderment over the other crew's henchmen 'this guy's the ring... that other guys wrestle on'

Megasoum

Banned
god i could listen to vinny talk about the rock's muscles all day

'that shirt is painted on'

holy shit i can't stop laughing at his bewilderment over the other crew's henchmen 'this guy's the ring... that other guys wrestle on'

The funniest of one of those was in Fast 5 when one of The Rock's men had basically the same shirt but it looked super big and loose lol.

Fevaweva

I finally watched Furious 7 today.

Hot take:

Fast 5
Furious 7
Tokyo Drift
Fast & Furious 6
The Fast and The Furious
Fast & Furious 4
2 Fast 2 Furious

Zomba13

So the first time watching the Fast and Furious is with the Film & 40s stuff and I'm loving these. Tokyo Drift was my favourite before 6 but my god, 6 is a work of art. Oh my god, everything was perfect. 6 is my favourite now. That was SO FUCKING GOOD.

Shame no more Han, he was so cool and handsome.

My ranking as of right now.

Tokyo Drift

7l0LVFZ.gif

2/5 seems... kinda generous? I guess the combat saves it, though; it does look fun.

Anyways, from this Beast stream, ME:A is a real strong case for Please Stop: Bad Writing in Video Games.

Harpuia

Man Mass Effect Andromeda totally looks like it needed at least an extra year in the oven but EA/Bioware wanted to ship it this month, come hell or high water. They're not going to make another one for a good long while due to the negative rap this gave the series.

Aselith

Man Mass Effect Andromeda totally looks like it needed at least an extra year in the oven but EA/Bioware wanted to ship it this month, come hell or high water. They're not going to make another one for a good long while due to the negative rap this gave the series.

They had too much time already and it sold anyways so EA just lowered the #dealwithit specs and they can put a bullet in Mass Effect for a few years.

Brad's review is so satisfying to read. It perfectly reflects my feelings on it after spending 40 hours beating it.

It deserves to win Hottest Mess.

It deserves to win Most Disappointing.

fuck that game

Well outside of a complete turnaround content, animation and mechanics wise or one of the big games of the fall (Destiny 2, Crackdown 3, red dead redemption 2, Battlefront 2, Call of Duty WWII or ME: Shadow of War) turning out to be complete disasters, I'm gonna guess Mass Effect Andromeda is the front runner for biggest disappointment of 2017.

Well outside of a complete turnaround content, animation and mechanics wise or one of the big games of the fall (Destiny 2, Crackdown 3, red dead redemption 2, Battlefront 2, Call of Duty WWII or ME: Shadow of War) turning out to be complete disasters, I'm gonna guess Mass Effect Andromeda is the front runner for biggest disappointment of 2017.

It has Jeff and Brad supporting it already so its looking like a lock tbh

Seems like we already have our main candidate for Hottest Mess.

I feel like Hottest Mess will depend on what EA has cooking for their response. Right now its a mess but its not a flaming trash fire like a true hot mess.

Its totally front runner for most disappointing game though.

Nerokis

thirteen

twenty-seven

Home, family, and friendship all mean different things.

But 1327 means all of them.

1327, guys.

Sorry but too much ch drunk guy talking on films and 40s, yeah,I know...

Couldn't disagree more.

Gird yourself for next week and bring Kleenex.

Thanks for the advice. I'm looking forward to it, but in the kind of way you look forward to something you know is going to be challenging.

If Vinny, Dan, or Alex cry, will that be a GB first? Also, why do I remember Mary Kish tearing up a bit during a UPF or something?

Harpuia

They had too much time already and it sold anyways so EA just lowered the #dealwithit specs and they can put a bullet in Mass Effect for a few years.

I wonder how much time exactly was spent though. They announced it in 2015 which for all intents and purposes means "oh we are moving into the heavy/bulk of development". I'm seeing early 2012 and I'm not sure if that's true. Maybe early 2012 onwards was them getting a handle of frostbite? That's still waaaaayyy too much time on not building the game proper.

Man there's skyrim sex mods that look better than what ME:A offered. Was it PURE mismanagement of resources and time? That has to be what kneecapped the game.

tuxfool

Banned
I wonder how much time exactly was spent though. They announced it in 2015 which for all intents and purposes means "oh we are moving into the heavy/bulk of development". I'm seeing early 2012 and I'm not sure if that's true. Maybe early 2012 onwards was them getting a handle of frostbite? That's still waaaaayyy too much time on not building the game proper.

Man there's skyrim sex mods that look better than what ME:A offered. Was it PURE mismanagement of resources and time? That has to be what kneecapped the game.

the DA:I team managed fine-ish with Frostbite (an older and less advanced version too). They mentioned having difficulties with the engine, but the game was functional and the human characters didn't look like dummies.

Top Bottom