• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

ferunnico

Neo Member
A couple of days ago I remembered that Tales of Symphonia has been sitting in my steam library for months now. I used to watch my friends play it a lot when it first came out, so I have a bit of nostalgia for the world and the characters. I think I'm finally going to start playing it myself today.

I should probably install this fix before I start playing, right? Also, I didn't know the game was capped at 30 FPS. That's a bit disappointing...

Ffffucking hell the ME:A Sex scenes are painful to watch even with Jeff, Brad, Jason, and Rorie commenting. Someone needs to mod the shit out of Mass Effect with anime eroge cutaways. Turn all dialogue sequences into text boxes. Replace dialogue choices as numbered columned text choices. Give everyone anime portraits. Just turn it into full on dating Sim.

Ffffucking hell the ME:A Sex scenes are painful to watch even with Jeff, Brad, Jason, and Rorie commenting. Someone needs to mod the shit out of Mass Effect with anime eroge cutaways. Turn all dialogue sequences into text boxes. Replace dialogue choices as numbered columned text choices. Give everyone anime portraits. Just turn it into full on dating Sim.

you're going to have to explain this one to me

MEA faces are just unacceptable in 2017. They should be ashamed of themselves. I don't blame the artists or animators, management made the calls that led to the game being released like this.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
does that scene consistently play like that, or is it just luck of the draw? 0_0

TraBuch

Banned
I really enjoyed this film and forties and I, like Vinny and Dan, am not mad at Alex for minor spoilers about these goofy movies.

Like geez I don't understand being mad at Alex. He's not ruining the movies.

Oh no he said that Statham was Shaw's brother god he ruined everything ahhhhhhh
Look, I'm not saying Alex totally kills the feature, but what exactly does him spoiling minor stuff like that add? In the first movie, Johnny Tran gets shot on the motorcycle and before he's even on the ground dead, he's like "Ladies and gentlemen, that's the last we ever see of Johnny Tran", why can't he wait like ten seconds to say that when they see he's dead? Or when Mia's throwing up after seeing the baby, Vinny asks if they have kids and Alex says "no", and then says "yet" totally unprompted two seconds later. Are they gigantic spoilers that ruin everything? Of course not, but there're countless examples of him doing things like that throughout the entire series that just add nothing.

Did I overreact? Probably. In the long run, will it majorly affect anyone's enjoyment of the movies? Not really. Is it annoying? Yes.

You can't fucking beat Martin Sheen doing VO.

Indeed. That's one of the major negatives I find in ME:A, it's like every character has an overblown voice gone through autotune. I can't explain it fully but it's annoying to my ears, they don't sound natural at all. The bad performances just makes things worse.

Zaph

Giant Bomb about to have the only review on Metacritic categorised as negative says a lot about the standards of this industry.

I want those 30 hours back.

BearPawB

Banned
Finished Route B of Nier: A

B definitely picked up as it went on. Lots of good small moments.

The beginning of C made me rage:
Wow, 2b in battle armor, can't wait to play as her! And then the game makes me be 9s againnn

Curufinwe

I turned on my PS4 this morning and did a double take when an old picture of Vinny was starting back at me. The first post in What's New was a friend who just started following Dan and Vinny, and I had forgotten "following" people on PS4 was a thing.

oti

Banned
Poor Brad gets the job of reviewing Mass Effect when every other game this first quarter turned out amazing.

Since Vinny doesn't write reviews Brad was the only person who could've done it. He considers Mass Effect to be the best thing that came out of the last generation. Which is objectively false. It's Mario Galaxy 2. The best game of all time.

Curufinwe

Brad showed up as a suggestion for Who To Follow so I selected him. The only other interesting option I saw was Mark Cerny, who naturally has the platinum for Knack.

This is good stuff.

hckk5tu85.gif

it's the weekend, have some more good games

skk9po3.gif

Top Bottom