• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Shinobi giantbomb alt account?

danisinsanefinal67r83.gif

.JayZii

Banned
Listening to the Beastcast for the first time in a while, and Vinny sounding kind of cold on Persona 5 makes me sad for him. Maybe once he gets to the school stuff it will click with him more.

Do people around here like Jeff Bakalar? I don't really like his stoner/frat guy vibe.

Vinter

Beastcast has become one of the things I look forward to the most in the week now. It really is the greatest podcast in the universe.

kiguel182

Watched Films and 40's Fast & Furious and this wasn't as bad as Alex made it seem. It was a fun and competent movie. The CG action scenes were easily the worst part for me, they didn't look good.

Giganteus

Listening to the Beastcast for the first time in a while, and Vinny sounding kind of cold on Persona 5 makes me sad for him. Maybe once he gets to the school stuff it will click with him more.

Do people around here like Jeff Bakalar? I don't really like his stoner vibe.
What's a stoner vibe to you?

Nerokis

Do people around here like Jeff Bakalar? I don't really like his stoner vibe.

Jeff is, like, the preppiest person associated with Giant Bomb. He has the opposite of a stoner vibe.

Watched Films and 40's Fast & Furious and this wasn't as bad as Alex made it seem. It was a fun and competent movie. The CG action scenes were easily the worst part for me, they didn't look good.

I can see where Alex was coming from, though. It's not technically the worst movie in the series, but in some ways, it was the most tonally off. There are times I feel that 2 Fast 2 Furious is the more watchable movie.

.JayZii

Banned
Jeff is, like, the preppiest person associated with Giant Bomb. He has the opposite of a stoner vibe.
Stoner vibe was meant more about his personality, not whether or not he is preppy. How about "frat guy"? Make more sense?

What's a stoner vibe to you?
A goofy guy who always seems a bit out of it or not keeping up with the conversation. Hmm, maybe I'm just describing Vinny now.

Out of the loop on this one, who's shinobi?

Shinobi is a former prolific poster on GAF who really likes AAA games and Mass Effect in particular. He occasionally got early access to game releases and posted a really positive preview of Andromeda right before release. As reviews started coming out people dogpiled on him calling him a shill. He said on his Twitter account he was done posting on GAF.

As an aside does anyone know how he ever got access to developers? Dude always knew things people shouldn't, but I don't think he worked as press for any outlet. People just gave him stuff because he was a positive dude?

jambo

Shinobi is a former prolific poster on GAF who really likes AAA games and Mass Effect in particular. He occasionally got early access to game releases and posted a really positive preview of Andromeda right before release. As reviews started coming out people dogpiled on him calling him a shill. He said on his Twitter account he was done posting on GAF.

As an aside does anyone know how he ever got access to developers? Dude always knew things people shouldn't, but I don't think he worked as press for any outlet. People just gave him stuff because he was a positive dude?

Oh. I didnt know the post Andromeda release part.

That kinda sucks. For the most part he was good people even if he let his Bioware lust show a bit too much as he made it obvious he has pals working there.

And people just know people. Lots of long time gaffers are buddies. A lot of those people got into the industry. People talk. Aint no magic to it.

But if you want to get into it. I think we GAF use less "insiders" who tease and wink and nod constantly. CBOAT was the worst shit to happen to Gaming side and the people who followed are not much better. It has gotten better in the last year or so though

That one guy who came and leaked Microsofts entire 1th party portfolio for the generation and then bounced all in 1 thread was legit though.

If you know something then just fucking say it. Ya know?

Giganteus

Didn't he also hype up The Order right before its release? Either way, the amount of weight (too many) GAFers put on his opinions was kind of horrific to me.

Hindl

Is that Brad or Dan? I just don't know. Indistinguishable.

How spoilery is that video? I played over 90h, all dungeons done. I think I could be good to go. Brad + BoTW sounds like a fun time.

Not really spoilery at all, especially if you've put that much time into it. It's relatively early

I'd love to see Brad play through the rest of that

Yeah, he's basically the Harry Knowles of gaming. Just excited about anything that has money put into it.

This thread just reminded me The Order 1886 was a thing that totally got released.

I remember seeing whatever dumb collectors edition for like $30 not THAT long after release.

Top Bottom