• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

kiguel182

Jeff is, like, the preppiest person associated with Giant Bomb. He has the opposite of a stoner vibe.

I can see where Alex was coming from, though. It's not technically the worst movie in the series, but in some ways, it was the most tonally off. There are times I feel that 2 Fast 2 Furious is the more watchable movie.

I hated 2 fast 2 furious so I can't agree with that lol

Apart from all the cars coming out at the end, that was neat.

Nerokis

Yeah, he's a jock compared to the rest of them lol

He's the guy who can throw down the occasional comic book reference, but is more comfortable discussing Clash Royale with his finance friends than discussing Zelda with his video game friends.

Also, I'm aware that I'm making this up.

Stoner vibe was meant more about his personality, not whether or not he is preppy. How about "frat guy"? Make more sense?

I can see that more, yeah.

I hated 2 fast 2 furious so I can't agree with that lol

Apart from all the cars coming out at the end, that was neat.

Totally understandable. 2 Fast comes the closest to being a straight up bad movie (it kind of is one). The 4th just doesn't feel right. Going from Tokyo Drift to a basically generic action movie will do that, I guess.

Ashby

Haha, oh shit I guess I could play Persona 5 in bed if I got a Vita. I always forget about Remote Play because I always forget about the Vita.

@DanRyckert

C8XMLUwXUAA4_tx.jpg:small

What do I do after I take Mr. Eyeballs?

omg, I almost choked on my drink while watching gbe playdate. When Vinny started chasing Cora and Liam around on Eos...I lost it, lol. Vinny is such a lovable man-child, lol

Shinobi is a former prolific poster on GAF who really likes AAA games and Mass Effect in particular. He occasionally got early access to game releases and posted a really positive preview of Andromeda right before release. As reviews started coming out people dogpiled on him calling him a shill. He said on his Twitter account he was done posting on GAF.

As an aside does anyone know how he ever got access to developers? Dude always knew things people shouldn't, but I don't think he worked as press for any outlet. People just gave him stuff because he was a positive dude?

Thanks for the write up. What a weird situation.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Does it feel like GB does way less regular QLs nowadays then they used to or is it just me? I feel like there are at least 6-7 games out right now that I would want to see them play. I mean I never expected Day 1 coverage from GB but it's kinda silly that Hollow Knight and Tides of Numenera never got a QL.

tuxfool

Banned
Does it feel like GB does way less regular QLs nowadays then they used to or is it just me? I feel like there are at least 6-7 games out right now that I would want to see them play. I mean I never expected Day 1 coverage from GB but it's kinda silly that Hollow Knight and Tides of Numenera never got a QL.

No, it isn't just you. They're also missing two people.

(we're coming up on a whole year to replace one person)

Wunder

Probably since there are a lot of interesting games out now, but I only expect around 3 QLs a week, if that. Since most QLs are new/different games, I usually prefer features that are already running like BitE over that since I know its gonna be good

Tides would be tough to QL because it's 90% dialog from what I understand. Tyranny has a similar problem, and it's more 50/50 or 60/40.

Hollow Knight, Rain World, and other stuff like that, though? Yeah. There's a definite gap in Quick Looks. I imagine their new hires will be weathered through QLs, so perhaps that's their plan--build up some #content list that they can really tear into down the road.

And speaking of QLs... Giant Bomb: you must Quick Look Expeditions: Viking, the Viking RPG. This is not some April Fools thing, but the next big RPG (forget that Persona stuff).

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Tides would be tough to QL because it's 90% dialog from what I understand. Tyranny has a similar problem, and it's more 50/50 or 60/40.

I mean yeah but...come on. That never was a problem for adventure games. There are QL of different flight simulators on the site. It's not like it would be impossible to show Torment without showing any combat. I don't think they need to show it, mind you, but I do wish they would play some more games instead of the same ones over and over again.

There's Rainworld, Has-Been Heroes (that one would be interesting since I own a Switch and there isn't really anything else on that system right now), the Dark Souls DLC, a new Stxy game, I have no idea what "playerunknown's somethingsomething" is but it seems pretty popular etc.
Again, I don't expect them to QL everything, but I do miss them playing games I've barley heard of before.

I just finished watching the mass effect playdate. Seeing vinny laugh heartily like this brings me joy. You can tell he's having genuine fun.

Kind of disheartening to see Jeff's reaction to Binding of Isaac's price, it has all the DLC included .

Did I gladly pay 40 dollars for that game again? Yes.

Do I think it should have been cheaper? Also yes.

Although they finally added an item that lets you shoot in all directions like a regular twin stick shooter, so maybe Jeff will like it more now.

Top Bottom